The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Anyone see any of the recent Adam Ant shows? Tossing up whether to go and see him in Melbourne in a few weeks. Saw him in the mid 90's and he was surprisingly brilliant... but he's gotta be nearly 60 now and considerably more mental than ever before.

I saw Clutch play in Brighton a couple of weeks ago - without knowing anything about them before the gig. They were better than the perverts they were supporting by a long way!

Then 2 days later went to Bristol to see Mastodon/Red Fang. Would wholeheartedly recommend both if anyone has the chance to see them. Been a Mastodon fan for a while but haven't seen many bands perform so technically brilliantly as they played.

Going to see Keane at 02 Acadmy Friday 25th May. Went to seem em 2 years ago be 3rd time seen em

Keane UK Tour dates

MAY 2012

Wednesday 23 - Newcastle O2 Academy

Thursday 24 - Glasgow O2 Academy

Friday 25 - Birmingham O2 Academy

Tuesday 29 - Leeds O2 Academy

Wednesday 30 - Manchester O2 Apollo

JUNE 2012

Monday 04 - Folkestone Leas Cliff Hall

Tuesday 05 - Bristol O2 Academy

Wednesday 06 - Leicester De Montfort Hall

Friday 08 - London O2 Academy Brixton

Mentioned in another thread somewhere, but saw Kylesa, Circle Takes the Square, and KEN Mode in brum last night. **** exceptional, every band. I've been waiting to see CTTS for nigh on 10 years, KEN Mode are a more recent discovery, and I've caught Kylesa on their last couple of tours over here (gotta love double drummers). Any metal heads who have not listened to Kylesa should get on that asap pretty much. Here is the loverly Laura of Kylesa fame

Laurasavagethroat2.jpg

BORIS tee for extra awesome points! yeahhhhhhhh \m/>____<\m/

• 3 weeks later...

Big Country in Berlin tomorrow night

playing The Crossing in it's entirety to celebrate it being 30 years old

of course I could have gone and seen them in Reading the other week , but 2 nights on the beer in Berlin with a couple of mates sounded like a much better plan

Big Country without Stuart Adamson seems a bit pointless.

Yeah I thought that before but saw them in Pompey last year and Mike Peters did the songs justice and it's more about the beer and hearing the songs played live again

6826696486_73e0a21918_z.jpg

Mary Epworth, live on BBC 6 earlier today.

Only 2 songs but very good. A nice raw sound that hopefully won't be produced out on the album.

My mate was playing the banjo for her on that set. Been in her band for a while now. Really nice woman by all accounts, and very talented. If you liked that, you should check out Dan Michaelson & The Coastguards, of whom he's also a member.

Just back from All Tomorrow's Parties today. Some cracking performances. Undoubted highlight was seeing the two surviving Minutemen, George Hurley and Mike Watt. Honorable mentions to The Sun Ra Arkesrta, Half Japanese, Earth, Scratch Acid, The Boredoms, and The Fall.

hey, tell him he did a grand job, he's not in the photo due to an unfortunate speaker position, I'm not banjoist.

His sound came over well too (I'm glad I was complementary about them now!). I'll defo look up the Coastguards, cheers for the tip.

They did appear to be genuine and friendly (they had a few tearful mum's with them which was a thing of beauty in a hard London music world). I moved a few to get a photo of the instruments before kick off not realising they were band and they were totally cool about it.

If you're interested you can call up the show on the website and slide through to around about 1 hr 40 mins to listen to the band.

hey, tell him he did a grand job, he's not in the photo due to an unfortunate speaker position, I'm not banjoist.

His sound came over well too (I'm glad I was complementary about them now!). I'll defo look up the Coastguards, cheers for the tip.

They did appear to be genuine and friendly (they had a few tearful mum's with them which was a thing of beauty in a hard London music world). I moved a few to get a photo of the instruments before kick off not realising they were band and they were totally cool about it.

If you're interested you can call up the show on the website and slide through to around about 1 hr 40 mins to listen to the band.

Cool, I was going to try and check that out actually, so well reminded!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Cambridge Corn Exchange (September 11)

Birmingham Symphony Hall (12)

Southampton Guildhall (13)

London Barbican Centre (16)

Gateshead Sage Theatre (17)

Edinburgh Queens Hall (18)

Brighton Dome (20)

Manchester Bridgewater Hall (21)

Liverpool Philharmonic Hall (24)

Oxford New Theatre (25)

Dexys will be touring in September to plug the new album.

Could be gig of the year, could be a car crash worth witnessing.

What's the Brum Symphony Hall like as a venue?

It's that or the Barbican, which I'm a bit meh about.

brum symphony hall is an brilliant venue, I went there in october to see steve earle, the sound was quality in there

second best gig (for sound quality) that I have been to, the first being spiritualized at the sage

Â