The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

How much were the tickets for that Zeppelin tribute? I once saw one called "whole lotta led"

It wasn't that expensive and It was alright, don't think I would bother seeing them again.

Whilst it's easy to drown out bonham and JPJ's. Greatness in a cover band and jimmy page's solos can be mimicked note for note I am yet to hear anyone who can come anywhere near to bob plants early day vocals

How much were the tickets for that Zeppelin tribute? I once saw one called "whole lotta led"

It wasn't that expensive and It was alright, don't think I would bother seeing them again.

Whilst it's easy to drown out bonham and JPJ's. Greatness in a cover band and jimmy page's solos can be mimicked note for note I am yet to hear anyone who can come anywhere near to bob plants early day vocals

£12-14.

I have to say the guys voice was pretty impressive tbh. I was listening to some of the proper band beforehand, and the guy does an excellent job. Even looks the part too. Wasn't perfect the whole way through, but most of the time, he sounded eerily like Plant.

going to the big Freeze this weekend. Streets are headlining the saturday. has anyone been to this before?? its held at the abandoned battersea power station. its a kind of ski/ snowboarding show with bands. not into skiing or snowboarding, but a couple of mates were heading down so i thought why not.

saw 4154_feist.jpg in Amterdam last weekend. Gorgeous gig.

Seeing Agnes-Obel-Philharmonics.jpeg at the Ruby Lounge in Manchester in a couple of weeks.

not to mention the lovely (again in Manchester) Lykke-Li-.jpg next week ....

going to the big Freeze this weekend. Streets are headlining the saturday. has anyone been to this before?? its held at the abandoned battersea power station. its a kind of ski/ snowboarding show with bands. not into skiing or snowboarding, but a couple of mates were heading down so i thought why not.

No, but seeing The Streets live in a nightclub in Bristol (before they got popular) was one of the best nights I've ever had with my clothes on. Enjoy!

No, but seeing The Streets live in a nightclub in Bristol (before they got popular) was one of the best nights I've ever had with my clothes on. Enjoy!

cheers laura, ive seen the streets a couple of times. At reading they played and were brilliant, from what i remember anyway! great crowd pleasers

Capdown **** smashed it on monday. The Liverpool gig was cancelled at very very short notice, but they managed to re-arrange it to Satan's Hollow in Manchester - possibly one of the oddest venues I've been to. They really rolled back the years, and the setlist was pretty much perfect. Very much looking forward to the Notts show tomorrow (although I am still in considerable pain from monday night), but can't go to the brum show now as I completely forgot about the Specials show in Cov I'm going to on Sat. Shame. Would rather see Capdown over them everytime

ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE & BONG on Saturday

That will be **** awesome. I loved the new Bong album

Â