The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Shiiiiiiit get both their albums, sensational stuff. A bit more ska and a bit less hardcore influenced than Capdown, and trumpets instead of a sax, but pretty similar bands. You shouldn't be disappointed.

Shiiiiiiit get both their albums, sensational stuff. A bit more ska and a bit less hardcore influenced than Capdown, and trumpets instead of a sax, but pretty similar bands. You shouldn't be disappointed.

Sounds right up my street, will definitely be taking up the tip! :thumb:

Off to see Wooden Shjips, in Leeds in September.

Have you listened to the Moon Duo LP? Guitarist/vocalist from them (guy with the great beard) and this Japanese chick making incredibly delightful dreamy shoegaze. One of my favourites of the year so far.

For anyone who wants to give it a go clicky

I actually picked that up the other week, and haven't got round to giving it a spin yet! I MUST give it a listen in the next couple of days...

Saw Iron Maiden at Ullevi this friday and tonight it's time for the "Big 4". Awesome metall weekend. :D Haven't seen Metallica in 7 years now and I can't wait. Will warm up with some guitar hero (sad?) and a few beers. Yay! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Sunshine Underground, Athlete and Selecter today at the Godiva festival.

Thought Athlete's first album was brilliant, the second one not so much. Haven't kept up with them since.

Just wondering how you lot protect your ears when you go to these concerts?

My ears are really sensitive these days and i feel like im one heavy club night or one gig night away from having full blown tinitus, anyone reccomend some products or techniques they use? It can't just be me.

Protect your ears? pffffffffff don't fear the tinnitus fella, you will learn to love it as I do. Those high pitched whines keep me company when I'm lonely, I am very grateful for them

• 1 month later...

Saw Wooden Shjips in Leeds, at The Burdenell Social Club last night. They were fantastic, and I was very impressed with the venue, which I'd not been to before. The sound was excellent. I also quite enjoyed the local support band, Hook Worms too. All in all a top night.

Saw Wooden Shjips in Leeds, at The Burdenell Social Club last night. They were fantastic, and I was very impressed with the venue, which I'd not been to before. The sound was excellent. I also quite enjoyed the local support band, Hook Worms too. All in all a top night.

Glad you said that, I'm off to see them tonight at the Kazimer in Liverpool. A venue I've not been to before but gets good reviews from all I know who've been, which means it must be unrecogniseable from the days I used to Dj there when it was The Continental.

Really looking forward to it now, especially as a lot of people I know from the dim and distant past seem to be popping up on facebook saying they are off to the gig to, a veritable meet up seems to be in progress, my liver may regret this.

I think the local bands supporting tonight are

and
should be an interesting night

Glad you said that, I'm off to see them tonight at the Kazimer in Liverpool. A venue I've not been to before but gets good reviews from all I know who've been, which means it must be unrecogniseable from the days I used to Dj there when it was The Continental.

Really looking forward to it now, especially as a lot of people I know from the dim and distant past seem to be popping up on facebook saying they are off to the gig to, a veritable meet up seems to be in progress, my liver may regret this.

and

You should be in for a good night Bicks. As I say they were excellent, although I personally think they needed to turn the bass up a little, although it didn't detract too much from a very good gig. Will be interested to hear your thoughts on them tomorrow.

and

it's not a bad venue at all, and Mugstar are **** fantastic. I wouldve liked to have gone up for that one.

Leftover Crack the other week were incredible, and I've booked a week off work to follow Capdown all over the country on their upcoming tour :D

Â