The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Things are picking up, will be heading back to Southampton in the coming months to see Matt Berry, followed by Howling Bells at Joiners (which is a tiny, tiny venue so there is every possibility I will get to touch and/or smell Juanita Stein... mmmmmmm).

3032007800_7dd29d1c44.jpg

A younger me would have also gone to see And So I Watch You From Afar the day before Howling Bells, but I'm far too lazy to do consecutive weekday gigs anymore. :P

Mhhh she pleasing on the eye

Just got a ticket to see Ryan Adams June 23rd at The Bridgewater Hall in Manchester.

I thought I'd missed out as tickets sold out quite quickly, luckily for me a friend of mine bought two tickets on the day of release, then realised it clashes with his missus birthday, so he has sold the tickets to me. Can't wait :D

stood in wolves slade rooms waiting for glasvegas to come on

Best description I've ever heard of a band, was of Glasvegas being described as sounding, "like The Proclaimers shouting into a bucket."

Have fun though...

Just got some tickets for Yo La Tengo at Gateshead Sage in June.

Reading up about their North American tour, they've been spinning a wheel at the start of the gig to see what they'll be doing. Including:

"5. Sitcom Theatre: The lucky audience in attendance the night the wheel lands on this space will get To see band and crew act out a classic sitcom."

This has happened a couple of times apparently, and this has see the band and crew acting out episodes of Seinfeld and Spongebob Squarepants!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll be attending Sound City 2011 once again up here in Liverpool and for the total sum of nothing. Some pretty good bands on again this year so I'm looking forward to it.

I'll be attending Sound City 2011 once again up here in Liverpool and for the total sum of nothing. Some pretty good bands on again this year so I'm looking forward to it.

Go see BRAIDS at the Kazimer on Sat I think. Blandy and I saw them last Friday in Manchester supporting the Antlers and we quite liked them, never heard of them before the gig. Vocals are sort of ELizabeth Frazer-ish (Cocteau Twins) with a hint of Bjork, though musically they are miles apart from the Icelandic one. Guitar work is a bit like Vini Riley of Durutti Column with keys and drums adding atmosphere.

listen here

Complete Stone Roses in Manc next Friday :D

He's actually a better vocalist than Browny !

erm… that really isn't saying much.

Mind you Mr Brown is far far better on vocals than the singer of the Farm, who is most definitely the most rubbish singer I've ever ever ever… ever heard.

Once worked a Gig with the Farm in The State in Liverpool, a club with marble walls bad enough sound wise at the best of times but with Peter Hooton signing I was shocked the marble didn't crack during the soundcheck

Complete Stone Roses in Manc next Friday :D

He's actually a better vocalist than Browny !

erm… that really isn't saying much.

Mind you Mr Brown is far far better on vocals than the singer of the Farm, who is most definitely the most rubbish singer I've ever ever ever… ever heard.

Once worked a Gig with the Farm in The State in Liverpool, a club with marble walls bad enough sound wise at the best of times but with Peter Hooton signing I was shocked the marble didn't crack during the soundcheck

I remember seeing The Farm at Sutton Park ,years ago . :D IIRC they also had Cathy Dennis (how much cash is she sitting on BTW ?) Aswad and Take That. It was quite the line-up.

going to see villagers tonight at the glee club

horrible gig, never going to the glee club again

doors open at 7:30 close at 8:15 the villagers didn't come on untill about 9:45 and didn't leave the stage till about 11:15

no where to sit, not aloud to leave the room even when there were no acts on, beer is pricey, beer is shite, absolutely roasting in there

by the time the band came on my spine was hurting so much through standing there for so long that I just couldn't enjoy the gig and just wanted to go home

Â