Jeremy Clarkson. Like or dislike?

BOF

Well?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• I like him (includes 'love him' etc)
    • I dislike him (includes 'hate him' etc)
    • I am indifferent

Obviously a person who polarises opinion.

I want to see how the VT masses sit with regard to him.

Oh and by all means 'discuss...'

That's probably nail on head AWOL. Though many do take him seriously - on both sides of the fence. I think some of his views are bang on about certain issues. Trouble is he's equally vociferous about things where he's not so 'on the mark'. But then that's part of his appeal - that he feels so strongly about pretty much everything whether you agree or disagree with him :) FTR I like him.

I think he's quite funny. Although too much of him and it would probably start to annoy me. Seems genuine enough though and doesn't annoy me on Top Gear or when I have seen him doing interviews (like on The One Show).

I'm sure he's probably a nice enough bloke in private, but his uber-bloke persona does my head in. I genuinely stuggle to understand how people can watch Top Gear with him buffooning about all over place dropping caravans from cranes and that with that annoying little fecker halfway up his bum.

with that annoying little fecker halfway up his bum

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed it. He'd probably fit too. Even the intonation in his sentences has become the same.

Highly entertaining but not to be taken seriously.

sums it up perfectly ...

Of course certain people find him offensive but I think it's more because they are entirely missing the point of what he is about ....

I like him. Although I think if you knew him personally you'd think he was a penis.
I think the exact opposite. I detest him. But I suspect that I am actually detesting his carefully cultivated public persona, and that if I knew him I might well like him.

I like JC alot although as others have said, in moderation and not to be taken seriously.

RH on the other hand is really starting to get on my nerves, since he almost buried his head in the turf and his new found fame he seems to have become more and more 'up himself'. I mean, he all of a sudden thinks he's some kind of fashion icon.

Not a huge advocate of him. I remember reading a piece in The Guardian I think it was about how he never liked football, but then he saw Chelsea were doing well and his son took a liking to Chelsea because of it so he got free tickets in corporate and now supports Chelsea after saying he hated football the week before in the same paper. He has a very dry sense of humour but I don't know there's just something about him which I dislike.

Â