Jeremy Clarkson. Like or dislike?

BOF

Well?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• I like him (includes 'love him' etc)
    • I dislike him (includes 'hate him' etc)
    • I am indifferent

Which is Jeremy Clarkson to be fair. As far as I'm aware he writes the Top Gear scripts.

Not really. He does a chunk whilst the others bring bits in but its then battered into shape by the three hosts, Andy Wilman and Richard Porter the script editor. The whole office sit in (a tiny office) on the readthrough a few days before and can pipe up if need be.

:winkold:

Which is Jeremy Clarkson to be fair. As far as I'm aware he writes the Top Gear scripts.

Not really. He does a chunk whilst the others bring bits in but its then battered into shape by the three hosts, Andy Wilman and Richard Porter the script editor. The whole office sit in (a tiny office) on the readthrough a few days before and can pipe up if need be.

Fair enough, you sound more in the know than I do.

He still has a fairly big input though by the sounds of it.

Highly entertaining but not to be taken seriously.

Funny the same is said over Jim Davidson .......... I suppose it whatever floats your boat really.

Worth saying again odious word removed

I think that comparison is flawed personally

I would suggest that Clarkson if he ever offered up a serious viewpoint would be far more measured than the persona he presents, whereas Davidson is just an utter cock fullstop with no redeeming features at all, who actually believes everything he says.

for me clarkson is a permanent wind up merchant, entertaining and intelligent, and has a pasison for what he does. I believe he doesn't hate the environment, but just enjoys mocking the sanctimony of some of the furious greens. Must be taken in doses, otherwise you'd get sick of it quickly, tohugh not exactly his fault Dave play him on perma repeat!

Fair enough, you sound more in the know than I do.

He still has a fairly big input though by the sounds of it.

Worked there for a month. :D

He has more to dowith it thatn the others but he isnt alone

Whether I agree with him over an issue or want to punch his face in, at the very least I find him interesting and amusing.

I'm interested in one thing, is he a Tory? That might explain something. Jim Davidson??? Fooking hell, I know Clarkson can be controversial but christ, they're not in the same league.

for me clarkson is a permanent wind up merchant, entertaining and intelligent, and has a pasison for what he does. I believe he doesn't hate the environment, but just enjoys mocking the sanctimony of some of the furious greens.

yep, but some people don't see that, which is why they get annoyed by him.

i also like mocking Greenies (& vegetarians)... even though i care about the environment. It just feels right. :D

A lot is made of people who 'speak their mind' and have 'passion for what they do'. Whether I like them depends what it is that is in their mind, and what it is that 'they do' In Clarkson's case it seems to be blokey buffoonery and I wish he would keep it in his mind and make it something that 'he doesn't do'.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't want him removed from our screens and I am happy to switch over. The Jim Davidson comparison is way off. Ask me if I like him though, and you'll get a no from me.

So likeable he threatens kids with loveable quotes like

"“Are you the little f***er that took my picture? If you do that again or it goes on the internet I will hunt you down and rip your f***ing head off.”

So nice to a 12 year old kid

But hey violence seems popular within a certain bunch so I can see why he is popular

The Jim Davidson comparison is way off. Ask me if I like him though, and you'll get a no from me.

The argument against Davidson - another odious word removed - is often just that he "speaks his mind" and "tells it like it is", which is complete and utter bollox. As said he appeals to some - Clarkson outside of the TV persona that some claim to be made up has been shown to be a complete and utter clearing in the woods in real life too, so that argument doesn't hold up.

The argument against Davidson - another odious word removed - is often just that he "speaks his mind" and "tells it like it is", which is complete and utter bollox.

Nasty racism versus blokey buffoonery means the comparison was way off.

But hey violence seems popular within a certain bunch so I can see why he is popular

And here's me hoping for a thread without bollitics.

Oh and Santa, when did Blokey become soooo offensive is it because we are all "supposed to be in touch with our feminine side"?

I didn't say it was offensive. Let alone soooooo offensive. I just find it unsophisiticated and unfunny. Dropping caravans from cranes? Welcome to 1994. You might as well get Mr Blobby out of retirement and re-subscribe to Loaded. Not sure who you are quoting with the feminine side bit either, certainly not me.

well bollocks to that, I'm a bloke and **** proud of it.

Good for you. Don't protest too much though. :suspect:

Oh and Santa, when did Blokey become soooo offensive, is it because we are all "supposed to be in touch with our feminine side"?

well bollocks to that, I'm a bloke and **** proud of it.

New Zealand is definitely the country for you.

Â