Do you believe in God ?

Ballybunion_Ice

Do you believe in God  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont give a shit

I have done over 100 posts today....shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

All of them nonsense! Oj oj...

Anyway... we could go on all night I'm sure. I have faith. You don't lets just end it there? :)

Ah the easy way out :)

He's rattled boys!

hey easy Doooooooooog.

ofcourse he would be rattled, I am. well was.

Not rattled in an angry way, more in a "I cannot understand how he got to have that stance on belief in God, becuase I cannot see myself doing that".

I cannot empathise.

as I am sure he cannot empathise with why we have such strong views against a belief in God.

I still maintain my point from ages ago that all preaching in public should be completely banned. (or was that in another topic)? arrrrrrrgh

Have really enjoyed this debate. It's not something I like doing too often cos I get involved and enjoy both sides of the argument.

Plus, I found it a little grating that the person who created this promptly **** off about 10 minutes later lol

I hope you enjoyed creating the carnage dude....hope you enjoyed it. LOOOOOOOOOOOL

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how we base the existence of god around the planet we conveniently live on.

our solar system is NOT the centre of the universe and the centre of all that exists.

Considering, we are an insignificant dot on the edge of an insignificant galaxy under the grand scheme of things, I highly doubt we are important to any omnipotent being.

but he sees everything all of the time dude. so nothing can be neither significant or insignificant.

Funny how we base the existence of god around the planet we conveniently live on.

our solar system is NOT the centre of the universe and the centre of all that exists.

Considering, we are an insignificant dot on the edge of an insignificant galaxy under the grand scheme of things, I highly doubt we are important to any omnipotent being.

but he sees everything all of the time dude. so nothing can be neither significant or insignificant.

Shit, thats called multi-tasking... and wouldn't a omnipotent being be asexual? so why call it he?

Haha, you think this is the 1st time I've had these opinions thrown at me?

If you really think you 2 are the first to come up with these questions, you have to get out more :P

dude I have had this debate at least 20-30 times to this kind of depth and timescale. Once was with a drunken irish preacher in London. He was a great debater even though he stank of wiskey.

But my stance was me not agreeing with him shouting the word of god to people that probably don't want to hear it.

It was really good until the teacher told us we couldn't carry it on, mainly because the teacher was worried he would try and kick the shit out of us.

Shit, thats called multi-tasking... and wouldn't a omnipotent being be asexual? so why call it he?

because I cannot be bothered putting asexual all the time. I cannot comprehend god existing so I imagine him as a dude with a white beard and really rough skin, white clothes and talks like Gandalf. In Fact....he looks like Gandalf.

and wouldn't a omnipotent being be asexual?

A deity is able to do absolutely anything, even the logically impossible

but we know God is a man for

Psalms 33:8-9: Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him. For he spoke, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

Psalms 33:8-9: Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him. For he spoke, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

Sounds like something someone would make up, then pretend to be pally with him, then use it to control the unwitting masses. Hang on a minute...

Sounds like something someone would make up, then pretend to be pally with him, then use it to control the unwitting masses. Hang on a minute...

K, we evolved from frogs.

bacteria I think. :D

honestly I gotta go to bed now. I am going to the game tomorrow.

Anyone on this forum going to the game?

I will be wearing my villa top with "kidlewis" on the back.

just don't run up to me and kick the crap out of me "in the name of the lord". :D j/k j/k

night all,

lets hope we send the russians back begging for forgiveness.

This is why you cannot debate with a theist.

Of course we didn't evolve from frogs, and NO ONE will claim that we did. Just like no one will claim we evolved from Chimpanzees (we just share common ancestors with them).

Funnily though, us evolving from frogs is still less crazy than "THERE'S A MAGIC MAN IN THE SKY THAT MADE US ALL!"

Of course we didn't evolve from frogs, and NO ONE will claim that we did. Just like no one will claim we evolved from Chimpanzees (we just share common ancestors with them).

Funnily though, us evolving from frogs is still less crazy than "THERE'S A MAGIC MAN IN THE SKY THAT MADE US ALL!"

The whole point of god, and why we debate all this is because we truly don't know. I believe there is no God, but cannot prove there "isn't" one. I merely make up my own mind based on the information and opinions I have of my won existence.

Even if god came down and went "hey dudes" I exist. We couldn't comprehend he does exist. Religions would fight each other because they will believe "this is their god" and the atheists will go "fake, or ROFLS".

We would probably all go insane if we saw him. Who said "to know god is to know madness"? or something like that.

We basically should just nuke ourselves to death and be done with it. because we will never know the true answer, and the believers in god will never believe if we could proove that there was no god. Because that proof can never exist in the believers eyes.

It's like me shitting on your face, then telling you I didn't shit on your face....because I didn't.

Ive been debating for almost 3 hours with out the use of throw away sarcastic comments. Its 1am, I make a single comment like that, and you jump on my back saying I'm unable to hold a debate?

Get out.

O and by the way. yes I am more willing to believe in "A MAGIC MAN" as you delicately put it than evolution being a process of "chance upon chance upon chance".

To be frank, I'm more worried about the ones who "Dont give a shit" than the ones who said No.

Really? :shock:

Oh, of course, in a rather patronising 'faith in something even if that something is nothing' kind of idiocy....as long as there is faith then it doesn't matter to what one is praying.

Yep, that strengthens your case, me old china. :(

To be frank, I'm more worried about the ones who "Dont give a shit" than the ones who said No.

Oh, of course, in a rather patronising 'faith in something even if that something is nothing' kind of idiocy....as long as there is faith then it doesn't matter to what one is praying.

It was more of a "I don't care about life in general" attitude I'm afraid of. Least the "No"'s have gave it thought.

But if you want to take that slant on things, be my quest.

No I don't, but in many ways I wish I did. Many people draw strength and motivation from their religion. This is somethiing that I do not have.

On the other hand when **** up things happen, I can't just say to myself that 'it is god's will', I must rationalise it, which psychologically a less problematic approach. I do not have to test my faith in god, I do not feel punished or powerless.

Essentially I believe that religion is a psychological placebo and respect other people's right to their religion.

It was more of a "I don't care about life in general" attitude I'm afraid of.

Why?

Why should I or anyone else care about life?

Oh 'only with the justification of god' does it have any meaning....

What happens if my life doesn't have any meaning?

Is your made up deity going to give it any? Is it bollocks.

The concept of god is the only thing for which man cannot be forgiven. Sorry for pinching your line, de Sade.

It was more of a "I don't care about life in general" attitude I'm afraid of. Least the "No"'s have gave it thought.

But if you want to take that slant on things, be my quest.

Just because people don't give a shit about religion, doesn't, at all, mean that they don't care about life, some people have different interests, some turn to sport, some turn to education, some turn a *sophy of some kind...

Just because it's your emotional crutch, doesn't make it everyones.

Â