The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

And this is why I don't see a Cable movie ever being done. People would just be "Is this Terminator 5?" :(

How I would love to see a Cable film. Possibly with an appearance from Apocalypse in it. I just came...

Just back from Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer

As mindless films go it was pretty decent and a good way to unwind after a busy week

Hehehe, you went to Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer.

And this is why I don't see a Cable movie ever being done. People would just be "Is this Terminator 5?" :(

How I would love to see a Cable film. Possibly with an appearance from Apocalypse in it. I just came...

Yep, that would be the dream movie for me.

Just back from Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer

As mindless films go it was pretty decent and a good way to unwind after a busy week

Hehehe, you went to Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer.

I will probably see it too. I saw the trailer a week or so ago and felt that I just have to see it just out of curiosity.

I saw the trailer a week or so ago and felt that I just have to see it just out of curiosity.

Really? I saw the trailer and thought it was some kind of joke, honestly. I mean how did that idea ever get off the drawing board? I just don't know any more :)

I saw the trailer a week or so ago and felt that I just have to see it just out of curiosity.

Really? I saw the trailer and thought it was some kind of joke, honestly. I mean how did that idea ever get off the drawing board? I just don't know any more :)

This.

"So picture this. before he became president, Abraham Lincoln hunted Vampires"

My reaction to that would be "get the **** out of my office you maniac"

Tbf I did kinda know that it wasnt a biography before I went to see it :-)

Scary moment was googling the real Mary Todd after the film and seeing her picture :shock:

I like the sound of that Guardians of the Galaxy. Gun-toting Space Racoons immediately makes me think of Captian Bucky O'Hare. Now there is a series that could do with a reboot, and a big budget movie.

Let's croak us some toads 8)

This.

"So picture this. before he became president, Abraham Lincoln hunted Vampires"

My reaction to that would be "get the **** out of my office you maniac"

Well, mine was "How the hell will they make that one work? Probably won't, but I have to see it." :)

Well, mine was "How the hell will they make that one work? Probably won't, but I have to see it."

That kind of curiosity will get you into trouble in your life. Mark my words :)

Well, mine was "How the hell will they make that one work? Probably won't, but I have to see it."

That kind of curiosity will get you into trouble in your life. Mark my words :)

Yes, but I might learn a thing or two along the way. :nod: I mean, who knew that Lincoln actually was a vampire killer before he became president? ;)

I like the sound of that Guardians of the Galaxy. Gun-toting Space Racoons immediately makes me think of Captian Bucky O'Hare. Now there is a series that could do with a reboot, and a big budget movie.

Let's croak us some toads 8)

Thats exactly what I was thinking on my 'actually, maybe... just maybe, it could work'.

I used to love Bucky O'Hare. Admittedly I was about 6 at the time but damnit it was good.

In a fit of nostalgia, I bought the DVD of Bucky O'Hare when I was at university to show a friend of mine who had never seen it.

Somethings are best left in the past, that's all I'm going to say. The theme tune is awesome though.

I actually might go and see Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter because it looks quite fun. Also, it created the opportunity to think of more historical figures who may have some relation to the supernatural.

Martin Luther King Zombie Slayer, Mahatma Gandhi Ghost Buster...

...erm, Florence Nightingale Alien Shagger? I dunno.

Kids wanted to see Ice Age 4 today so off we went

Some of the gags go over the childrens heads but it was spit your drink out funny in places ..not seen any of the previous ice age films but I'll have to check them out now ....

Decent short Simpson 3-D film before it as well .. Might mean a Simpsons 3-d film to follow shortly ?

I went to see 'Killer Joe' yesterday and thought it was very good. It is extremely brutal, sick and downright weird throughout. It is put together very nicely though and directing and writing are top notch. Plus McConaughey puts in a really good performance throughout. He really should stop doing rom-coms and fit in more performances like this. Although I'm sure they probably bring in more money for him. Anyway, the film is basically a dark comedy about incestuous psycopaths and it works for what it is.

On another note I was hoping to see 'Brave' again when I got back over here, yet it apparently isn't out until August in the UK. Does anyone know why there has been such a big delay? It's a bit strange considering the voice actors are mainly Scottish and it's about a Scottish princess. I'm looking forward to seeing it again anyway as I enjoyed it the first time. 'Ted' is another one that we are getting late. I really hope this trend is starting to get worse again...

Â