The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Could be spectacular.

Accepting Nolan's faults ;).

Dunkirk is an interesting choice for a war film, given it's basically a defeat history has packaged as a triumph (and in many ways it was... But it's still an embarrassment at heart). Looking forward to it. Good trailer.

Nah Harry styles is in it

1 hour ago, hogso said:

When can we expect the @ChindieApproved™ review of Rogue One - A Star Wars Story?

I'm hopefully seeing it on Saturday. I'm not much of a Star Wars fan though, not that I dislike the series I'm just not terribly invested in it, which I think might mean while the diehard fans are orgasming in their seats from the get go I'll be enjoying the visuals...

I'll understand it perfectly :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, darrenm said:

Just bought hunt for the wilderpeople. Wanted so much to see this since I missed it in the cinema.

About 20 mins in so far. Expecting big things.

So... whatcha think?

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

So... whatcha think?

I think I had the wrong expectations. I expected it to be another What We Do In The Shadows with the laughs and it wasn't.

It was still a great film but I have to watch it in a different mood. I'll be back.

Semi-related - how awesome is it that Waititi is directing the next Thor?

Just seen "Train to Busan", really liked it! It's not amazing, but I liked it.

Korean Zombie flick, kinda a mix between 28 days later and Snowpiercer :D sort of anyway.

I've always liked horror and Zombie movies and for me they always work better when there isn't an A-list actor like Brad Pitt or Will Smith in the lead.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coda said:

I'll have to watch Blade Runner again.

Not gonna lie, I got the old 'hairs down the back of the neck' watching that.

The look and feel are perfect.

Cannot **** wait.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

Wonder if Harrison Ford will get to come back and kill off another one of his old characters in this one?

Han Solo - check

Rick Deckard in 2017?

Indiana Jones in 2019?

Edited by sne

Â