The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

At times American employment laws seem years behind ours

Unless you work for Sports Direct! 

5 hours ago, VillaForever1970 said:

Makers of the new IT film are not getting it if Pennywise looks like this throughout the film, what child with any sense would go near that??

pennywise.jpg

I kinda get what you mean, but the original EW article has a whole bunch of detail from the wardrobe designer and is worth reading if you're curious. 

In short though, the costume is an amalgamation of styles from over the course of the last few hundred years when It has been 'active', and is the manifestation of what It believes is a clown - or perhaps, what a clown should be. Plus it's established pretty early on that It can paralyse people, and the fact it's supposed to scare kids, cos that way they'll taste better. 

I'm looking forward to it, although not as much as The Gunslinger/Dark Tower 1. If they ride the wave of Stranger Tides, It will probably be a bigger commercial success, though. 

Watched Forsaken last night. Stars the two Sutherlands and is a western. Whilst the story proceeds fairly predictably, the father / son combo are good value. Its a fairly short film, under 90 minutes but kept it tight. Felt a little like a low budget indie relationship study at times but it was still pretty good. Kiefer has a Bauer spell which is always entertaining.

Had a steamer of a seven day holiday in ibiza and came back to detox with a bag of cheetos and a shit movie marathon to take my mind off it

Watched Resident Evil earlier now i'm on Apocalypse i intend to finish Extinction before the night is done

I secretly like them i don't know why 

Details for Spider-Man: Homecoming have come out...

Spoiler

This is your new Mary-Jane

rs_1024x576-160224130005-1024.2.Zendaya-

Bit of a departure for the character but you can probably get away with it...

The plot will revolve around a disgruntled Stark Industries employee producing the technology necessary for the Vulture and the Shocker to become villains, in essence making him the little known Marvel villain, the Tinkerer. The Vulture is to be, as expected, played by Michael Keaton, and the Shocker apparently will be Bokeem Woodbine, who I only know for being a grunt in the Rock really.

I sincerely hope the Shocker keeps his weird quilted outfit. 

TOYFAyRs.jpg

That suit is so close to a perfect Spidey. And then they shoved weird black segments everywhere.

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Heard that before... I feel like I've seen Peter Parker get bit by a spider more times than I've seen Bruce Wayne's parents get killed...

Parker has had 2 origin movies, Batman's usual origin has been done 3 times :)

There's some whispers they might skip the origin this time. Given that he's active by the time Civil War happens, and it seems he has the Stark suit prominently in this, if they did a full origin either the movie is split across Civil War or they do the origin Incredible Hulk style across the opening titles.

But either way, proper high school Peter Parker! Finally!

Watched 71 today. Another great Jack O'Connell performance and the tension in the film was maintained throught. Reminded me how little I actually know of those days. Had a documentary feel about, and certainly kept any political comment to a minimum, shades of grey etc across both sides.

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 2

Â