The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I've always maintained the second JP film should get more bonus points, because where else could you possibly see Pete Postlethwaite tranquilize a Tyrannosaur?  Apart from the director's cut of Brassed Off, of course.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 2

I agree to an extent but they are such bloody good fun and capture that feeling of child-like wonder and amazement. They remind me of going to Redditch cinema aged 8 and being terrified of the t-rex chasing the Jeep.

Yeah but as a young 90's kid what's better? Yul Brynner with some dodgy wiring or realistic gnarling dinosaurs? :)

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

Yeah but as a young 90's kid what's better? Yul Brynner with some dodgy wiring or realistic gnarling dinosaurs? :)

I would imagine it had the same affect on a kid that Star Wars had on me :D

(I was 22 when the first JP came out so the impact was considerably less)

JP has aged well!!! :(

The first time I saw it in the cinema was an incredible experience. At that time the CGI was utterly mind blowing and you couldn't wait to see the next dinosaur on screen. Unfortunately now that the CGI doesn't look as good (obviously) and the visual impact is lessened, what you are left with is some decent set pieces, a somewhat disjointed story and some of Spielberg's usual sentimental tropes.

do not ever watch The Philosophers. 

That is all. Awful. I think it must be aimed at 12/13 year olds with a view to inspiring discussion about philosophy - essentially it is a visualisation of a 6th form philosophy class - flitting between the classroom and the imagined apocalytic scenarios they play with - discussing the disaster scenario - x spaces in a bunker, but there's x+10 people. How to decide? It's just weird and doesn't work at all. James D'Arcy is watchable, but the kids are rancid. 

JP has aged well!!! :(

The first time I saw it in the cinema was an incredible experience. At that time the CGI was utterly mind blowing and you couldn't wait to see the next dinosaur on screen. Unfortunately now that the CGI doesn't look as good (obviously) and the visual impact is lessened, what you are left with is some decent set pieces, a somewhat disjointed story and some of Spielberg's usual sentimental tropes.

I remember seeing it at the cinema as well (Showcase Erdington) - absolutely mind blowing, as you say! Went back to see it again the next day

Edited by Xela

I've always maintained the second JP film should get more bonus points, because where else could you possibly see Pete Postlethwaite tranquilize a Tyrannosaur?  Apart from the director's cut of Brassed Off, of course.

Also the T-Rex killing everyone on the ship then thoughtfully locking himself back into the hold

Its a very divisive film. i thought it was absolute garbage myself, one of worst I have seen in cinema.

Could be good for you or also shit, if a waste of a 45 minute drive you can just blame wazzap24 ;)

• Like 1

51Xw9QwBPTL._SX940_.jpg...

really should have been a better movie than the heap of shite it was ........emmerich ....he should be one of the best ....a la stargate but ......

One of the few movies where I've walked out of the cinema.

Absolute toss.

Â