The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

^^^

Yeah, I thought ir was quite entertaining, actually.

Watched The Conjuring last night. Liked it. For a horror flick, good. Even though it never really terrified me. 7/10 (Which is never as good as a normal film that gets 7/10, if you know what I mean.

Last weekend I rewatched Fight Club for the first time in 5 years or so. I'd forgot how brilliant it really is. Great film. 8.5/10. Minimum.

Yesterday was Man of Steel, best Superman film I've watched, I'd give it 6.5 (not really a fan of Superman though was always more into Batman)

Today I watched White House Down, typical American actioneer, nothing special, worth a watch but nothing more than chewing gum for themes 6.0

Robocop - 2 out of 10. God its terrible. Shocked it was so bad considering it had an awesome director and had a line up of gary oldman and Michael keaton. It was just ridiculously boring and when it did get going their was about 2 minutes of action. The original is a solid 7. This is just awful.

Recently watched "Broken" with Tim Roth. It could have been much better, I think, had they not tried to make it a half comedy and just gone full-grim.

Edited by maqroll

Prisoners...

I thought they should have had the father found dead. Having him die to save his daughters life would have been a more poignant way to end it and far more in keeping with the tone of the piece. As it is he'll do a couple of years in nick and then it's on to happily ever after.

That said, very enjoyable. 8/10

Watched Dallas Buyers Club 7 out of 10.

Hunger Games Part 2 - Just like the first one it takes ages to get to the action bit and then it ends on a cliffhanger for the next one. 6 out of 10, Jennifer Lawrence 9 out of 10... :rolleyes:

the new johnny storm - 

Michael-B-Jordan.jpg

of course will cause controversy because he's black whereas for 50 years the comic character has been white, but of cause you're not supposed to say that and we'll all become modern age and be fine with it because we've moved on blah blah blah

the new sue storm - 

kate-mara-beautiful-eyes.jpg

er... 

so its either not going to get explained or it will get some bullshit explanation, but who cares they got a box ticked!

Â