The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

MV5BNzQ0NDA1ODQ3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQw

For some reason that doesn't show up as a picture but I remember seeing the people concerned with that film on breakfast telly, I think.

Quite astonishing stuff - especially how they got to have the people say, on camera, just what had happened.

Can't see what's posted above....but in case it hasn't been mentioned, I saw Lone Survivor. one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Anyone seen "Captain Philips"?

It's on PPV right now, and I'm tempted...

Watched it last night.

Worth it. Even better if you don't know the real life story, though I'd Eden Hazard a guess you will being American.

That's the best I've seen Tom Hanks in a long time and I like Tom Hanks. It's a solid 8/10.

• Like 1

Tarantino dropped his next film due to someone leaking the script

shame nobody leaked Django Unchained

anyhow off to see Wolf of Wall Street tonight  .. i'll shall be counting the boobies on view and dropping it 1 point if I don't get to 100

Calm down, it was only a joke!

We put smileys after our putative joke posts where I come from. ;)

but those of us who live on planet earth don't  ...

( which means of course I can't add one to my post or risk blowing my cover )

Definitely one that you have to be in the right mood for.

Yeah, I wasn't sure what to expect, and it is a very difficult film to watch. It isn't unrelentingly grim, like Shoah (for example)  but it is a different sort of disturbing, and I can't quite explain the effect it has.

I thought the reenactment of the massacre at the village was the toughest scene, but the most disturbing was the real life interview on a TV show, by some distance. Initially I thought it was part of the film, but it soon dawned on me that this was 'real' TV, and these 'gangsters (it comes from 'free men', don't you know) are still worshiped by many, and their treatment of the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people as something remotely good...

Humans can be so shit.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Life is beautiful - 9 out of 10. Beautiful and heart warming. Glad the main actor won an oscar for his performance.

Wolf of Wall Street - 9 out of 10. So glad it was as brilliant as I hoped. Funnier then any comedy ive seen in a long time and ita not even a comedy.Confirms Scorsese is the greatest director of all time.

47 Ronin - 2 out of 10. - fackin shite. Shame it was so bad and was looking forwars to this.

World war Z - 7 out of 10 - I hate blockbusters usually but I like this film alot. Second viewing and the action is brilliant from start to finish. Hope they make a sequel.

Just back from wolf of Wall Street

I'm now in love with Margot Robbie ... took me a while to work out why she looked familiar .. She was in The Pan Am series I watched the other year ... Tip top as they say

Film itself had too many stereotypes for my liking , I'll probably read the book at some point for a better reflection of events

Still a great film though and worthy of the 9/10's it's being given on here .. I'd say it edges American Hustle if I had to pick between the 2

The scene when LDC was at the golf club getting into his car had the man in front of me in tears of laughter for the whole scene .. Was an infectious laugh on the whole cinema in the end

Anyone seen "Captain Philips"?

It's on PPV right now, and I'm tempted...

Watched it last night.

Worth it. Even better if you don't know the real life story, though I'd Eden Hazard a guess you will being American.

That's the best I've seen Tom Hanks in a long time and I like Tom Hanks. It's a solid 8/10.

Nice one, good to hear that. Looks like tonight or 2moro I'll watch it. 

Â