The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched "The Prisoners" last night. Very silly movie with gaping plot holes and bad acting. Can't believe it's been so highly rated.

Are you referring to the film "Prisoners" or "The Prisoner"?
"Prisoners"...the one with Hugh Jackman who takes overacting to wondrous new levels in it

According to Tony H, Hugh jackman gave an oscar winning performance in Prisoners.

Really enjoyed Prisoners.

Nice and tense throughout.

Saw Frozen earlier.

Proper old fashioned Disney fare, feels like something they'd have made 20 years ago but with some modern sensibilities.

It's surprisingly good.

The Disney short beforehand, however, is painfully shite. Goes on for far too long and at no point threatens to be in any way entertaining.

Edited by Chindie

Saw Frozen earlier.

Proper old fashioned Disney fare, feels like diverting they'd have made 20 years ago but with some modern sensibilities.

It's surprisingly good.

The Disney short beforehand, however, is painfully shite. Goes on for far too long and at no point threatens to be in any way entertaining.

Totally agree, thought Frozen was a Disney 'throwback' in a very positive way. Very enjoyable.

Guns of Navarone - proper Christmas telly that.  Just need Where Eagles Dare now.

Love that movie BUT (and I realise this is a tin hat moment) I think Force 10 from Navarone is the superior movie.

Shaw, Ford and especially Fox are so superb.

"I thought you were supposed to pick up dog shit not spread it around" - Classic.

Also saw Kick Ass 2 today. I love the first one but had heard the second is shite.

I felt that was a little harsh on it, but the sequel definitely has the feeling of a film that has a joke that worked once and was always going to feel tired second time around. Also feels... more cynical than the first film somehow.

What's that animated movie that was the 3/4 most expensive movie ever made

Tangled

That's it ...any good ? Does it justify the cost

Never seen it, I understand its meant to be pretty good though.

IIRC the cost on Tangled came about because they spent years making it, they did a lot of new CGI development on it to get the right look and also develop the right behaviour and look for the hair.

Watched "The Prisoners" last night. Very silly movie with gaping plot holes and bad acting. Can't believe it's been so highly rated.

"Prisoners"...the one with Hugh Jackman who takes overacting to wondrous new levels in it

According to Tony H, Hugh jackman gave an oscar winning performance in Prisoners.

He probably did, It was a fantastic film, very well acted, beautifully shot. What gaping plot holes were there?

Bad acting? Really? 

Easily one of the best films of the year.

I was born in '85 so I couldn't fully appreciate it, but the 80s was a great decade. You missed out.

You clearly haven't been attentive to any of Mr Mooney's regular lectures on this matter.

You sir are just wrong.

Â