The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Darren you missed out Pitts role as the father in Tree of Life. He's also great in that.

Agreed. The only bit of Tree of Life that I enjoyed.

Have off. Birth of the Universe scene is magic.

We've had this discussion before. A lot of people like it, fair enough.

To me it was pretentious bollocks.

I'd also just like to make a hat-tip to Brad Pitt. In the same way as Leonardo DiCaprio could be easily dismissed as a pretty boy only in movies for his looks, but is actually excellent, Brad Pitt has consistently been excellent in almost everything he's done.  

Pitt is my favourite actor, 15 years ago i would never have thought of saying that! he's been in about 3 bad films (troy, smiths, oceans 13) i'll now go see his films purely because its him, WWZ for example

12 years a slave looks awesome

I saw Hunger games yesterday, and I have to agree with Stevo that it is indeed a good film. Thought it'd be a bit cheesy like Twilight and Beautiful creatures, but it wasn't at all. Haven't seen Battlefield, though, so I can't comment on that debate.

Comment as much as you want, I don't care. I like to get tips and tip people about films and discuss films with people on here. If we don't have the same taste doesn't really bother me. We'd probably not go to see a movie together, but we don't have to.

• Like 1

Comment as much as you want, I don't care. I like to get tips and tip people about films and discuss films with people on here. If we don't have the same taste doesn't really bother me. We'd probably not go to see a movie together, but we don't have to.

this is it for me. Its all about opinions and everybody has a different opinion on a lot of films which I respect. Myself Id watch anything and judge the film on its merits on whether its entertaining or a good story.

You cant watch a film with the same mindset all the time as if you watch Con Air or Godfather you need to be able to take it for its worth

this is it for me. Its all about opinions and everybody has a different opinion on a lot of films which I respect. Myself Id watch anything and judge the film on its merits on whether its entertaining or a good story.

You cant watch a film with the same mindset all the time as if you watch Con Air or Godfather you need to be able to take it for its worth

Exactly. We tend to agree on a few things in this thread. :) I'm just happy that I like many different kinds of films as that gives me more pleasure.

Nah I've posted enough on Hunger Games.

I think it's meant to be acted the way it is. It's the worst acting I've seen in a film for years. Also the worst dialogue too.

But I think it's intentional. For its target audience of teenage girls.

Problem I had with hunger games is that I've seen battle royale. Once you have seen battle royale it is impossible to enjoy hunger games Imo without comparing it to battle royale.

Battle royale is incredible by the way, generally brilliant. Because hunger games is so watered down compared to battle royale, cant help thinking it was a poorly made kids film

Nah I've posted enough on Hunger Games.

I think it's meant to be acted the way it is. It's the worst acting I've seen in a film for years. Also the worst dialogue too.

But I think it's intentional. For its target audience of teenage girls.

Lol I actually agree with you for a change. Hunger games is a film aimed at teenage girls

That's what I missed completely when criticising the movie. It isn't terrible acting and awful dialogue through sheer lack of talent. It's fully intended to be that way.

I see a theme in a lot of movies these days that are all casting the net broad and wide. So they simplify dialogue and plot.

More and more TV is taking the place of complex character development and detailed layered plots.

Â