The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

am i one of the few that thinks hot fuzz is better than SotD?

IMO hot fuzz is up there with borat and four lions

When I first watched it, I said it was better than Shaun of the Dead.  However, after repeat viewings of both, I reckon the latter is the superior film.  I liked Borat but all are better films, imo.  Not seen Four Lions.

borat is one of them when 1st time round i dont think ive ever laughed so much, once i'd seen it a few times it had started to wear off

you seriously need to watch four lions

Who could possibly play batman next in the superman v batman film??

Honestly can't think of anyone. Fassbender maybe?!

Off topic slightly but always thought brad Pitt would play a perfect joker with Johnny Depp the perfect riddler

Oblivion 

I did not know what to think i liked the visual effects the soundtrack and the plot but i really do not like Tom Cruise and Sci Fi films

He continues to star in them but he's been in some real stinkers over the years

At least it wasn't Will Smith i suppose

Why is it the most important??

Not *the* most important, but one of. In my opinion anyway. Why? Because it makes us laugh at terrorists. Their beliefs are stupid. Suicide bombing is utterly daft. Destructive, tragic, horrible but ultimately it's **** daft. Four Lions makes us realise this. Importantly it doesn't make a joke out of terrorism, which would be crass. There is a fine line between tragedy and comedy, and it treads along it better than any film I can remember. It is tragic, in the end, but it is incredibly funny along the way.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

Not *the* most important, but one of. In my opinion anyway. Why? Because it makes us laugh at terrorists. Their beliefs are stupid. Suicide bombing is utterly daft. Destructive, tragic, horrible but ultimately it's **** daft. Four Lions makes us realise this. Importantly it doesn't make a joke out of terrorism, which would be crass. There is a fine line between tragedy and comedy, and it treads along it better than any film I can remember. It is tragic, in the end, but it is incredibly funny along the way.
Not if you are a wookkie :) Edited by tonyh29

Wow just seen elite squad 2.i thought the first one was good but number 2 was even better. I have next to no hope for the new robocop but someone told me the director of elite squad is now on board with robocop so maybe, just maybe, it might be decent.

Elite squad 2 - 9 out of 10

Edited by donnie

Oblivion 

I did not know what to think i liked the visual effects the soundtrack and the plot but i really do not like Tom Cruise and Sci Fi films

He continues to star in them but he's been in some real stinkers over the years

At least it wasn't Will Smith i suppose

I was suprised I enjoyed it as much as I did.

There are a few points in the film where you can guess whats going to happen but considering its 2 hours long I didnt find that I lost interest at any point.

Probably an 8/10

Agree with all of that, Chris Morris is an absolute genius and Four Lions is a brilliant film.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the Worlds End. If you go in expecting another SOTD or Hot Fuzz then you will be disappointed as it's tone and pacing is quite different. There are some textbook E.Wright moments but his usual style has been cut back considerably and replaced with some great little nods to directors like early J.Carpenter.

A big plus is Nick Frost, who gives his best performance to date.

Even though it didn't spoil my enjoyment, I wasn't convinced by the last five or so minutes. The post apocalypse scenes (although they looked great) seemed rather tacked on and unnecessary.

I'm just hoping there will be a U.S. straight to TV film about the birth of this blessed child.

I can't get enough of it.

Starring Dean Cain as the royal baby?

I watched Contagion the other day. For such a good cast I don't think I've ever watched such an underwhelming and non-eventful movie. Do not bother.

• Like 1

Only God forgives - 6 out of 10.

Well I absolutely loved drive. Was a fantastic cinema experience. I expected this to be like drive, unfortunately it's nothing like it. It's a weird movie. Violent, strange and confusing at times.

The director refn has now done drive which was fantastic, bronson which I thought was woeful. This film sits in the middle of both.

Defo worth seeing though but go in with low or no expectations and your enjoy it more.

Edited by donnie
  • Like 1

Â