The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Think some are very suspect of it all.

Of course Valencia fans are happy and so they should with the progress but some aren't happy with how it's being done.

I'm curious how this Otamendi situation pans out; if Valencia sell him for less than the clause this summer it'd set a trend a very worrying one considering when Rufete/Salvo at helm always got the top dollar for players.

Any update on their new stadium...

I remember it was being built and then mothballed as they hit financial trouble and that was a fair few years ago now...

Never been but from what I've seen Mestella looks like it's crumbling to pieces even if it is an imposing venue with steep stands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just read Sky lost the contract to BT.

They must've had it 20 years, I was certainly watching it when I was 10 so bit of a blow to lose that. BT have a better range of Football on their channel than Sky now with champions league.

Just read Sky lost the contract to BT.

They must've had it 20 years, I was certainly watching it when I was 10 so bit of a blow to lose that. BT have a better range of Football on their channel than Sky now with champions league.

They haven't.

Sky have just announced they've got La Liga for the next 3 years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think barca are close to kicking off, the stupid FIFA transfer ban and he farce that they could buy players has of course ended, they bought a couple of players but couldn't register them, la liga has a rule that if someone gets a bad injury they can register someone else, rafinha has done his knee and is out for 6 months, barca have registered arda turan...

Broke no la liga rules, FIFA have blocked it I think, barca are rumoured to be seeing how far they can take it, expect to see turan playing some time in october

Â