The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

think it depends, building a team around a defence, being better at defending then you are upfront, making sure you dont lose, setting up to play better teams etc then yeah fair enough

mourinho doing it at clubs like real madrid and chelsea when they have the talent that they have in midfield and attack, nah i cant have that

i know it wasnt jose but chelsea winning the champions league like that with that team, i know they dont care but it was sickening 

Who's this Gabriel Paulista guy that's come out of nowhere to be strongly linked with Arsenal? Thought they might've gone for Musacchio who was about to sign for Spurs but they signed Fazio instead.

Is Paulista better than both?

Edited by VillaChris

Who's this Gabriel Paulista guy that's come out of nowhere to be strongly linked with Arsenal? Thought they might've gone for Musacchio who was about to sign for Spurs but they signed Fazio instead.

Is Paulista better than both?

Don't know much about Musacchio but Paulista has been brilliant for Villareal. Great signing for Arsenal when they get him!

All I was saying was its not the way i like to see football being played. i love watching Villa Real they always play two strikers but i find Atletico boring. 

...and nothing wrong with that PaulC.

In principle I agree with you, although I don't generally find their matches against the top sides boring.

Whisper it quietly because this is heresy, but Barcelona have been as dull as a leaden sky for the past three years. Only in the last couple of weeks have we seen something that might evolve into entertainment. 

I admit the two cup games against Real Madrid were good recently, but although they created chances on the counter against Barcelona, basically it was Barcelona trying to break down a brick wall which was why i thought justice was done. I guess if Suarez hadn't of missed that open goal in the first half then the game might have opened up. They wont be able to do that at home. 

The spainish clubs sign a lot of players from Brazil and Argentina don't they. They player i have been most impressed with this season is Vietto a 21 year old Villareal signed from Racing Club

i think there are a few reasons, i wouldnt say its because of the climate etc because the Russian and Ukrainian leagues have no issue signing them, language being somewhat similar will no doubt help. pace of the game etc, most south americans seem to go to portugal or russia, who i think are happy with the 3rd party ownership bollocks which makes everything easier, then spain who's only restriction on non EU players is you can only register 3 in your 25 man squad every season, then italy who's rule is they can only sign 2 non EU players from outside italy per season

our rules with the work permits mean that the chances of signing the next messi are slim, if villa spent a huge resource scouting south america, found a 16 year old world beater, the chances are the government wouldnt actually let us sign him, so i dont think prem clubs do put huge resources in to scouring the continent, no doubt they'll all know who gabriel barbosa is and watch brazil U19 games etc but i doubt they watch santos reserve matches

i havent seen it discussed here but i think the government and the FA are in talks on changing the work permit rules, the 1st stage which is that the player must have played 75% of the competitive (i think) games of a nation in FIFAs top 70 in the last 2 years is staying, but the appeal process where they clubs can argue that he's exceptional young talent and he'll offer such and such to the team and playing for them will get him x number of caps in the future is being knocked on the head

this gabriel transfer for example, if it doesnt go through this january and the rule change happens before the summer transfer window arsenal wont be able to sign him, he's never had a sniff at the brazil team, at the moment without an appeal process Mkhitaryan cant sign for a prem team, no australians would be able to sign for prem teams, it could be quite a big change

• Like 1

So C. Ronaldo punched a player, slapped a player, got sent off for kicking a player, then swaggered off the pitch.

Douchebag.

Didn't do his image much good with that sequence of events. Would have loved someone to deck him, see how smug he looked then.

1 lash out that was his 7th Red Card!! Great player but petulant!! It's all about him. Not getting the pass from Bale last week. Throwing his toys out the pram when Real did not lobby enough for him to win the Balon D'Or a couple of years back and threatening to leave. Winker gate getting Rooney sent off that one time. Probably other examples I have forgot.

Great player but only my opinion i prefer Messi although I can admit the last 2 years Ronaldo has out performed him.

Edited by S-Platt

muted celebrations when he missed his penalty in a shoot out but his team went on to win the game

also seen him miss a pen for madrid only for a team mate to run in and smash the rebound in and he didnt celebrate

Didn't celebrate Ramos's goal in the CL final but went mental when he made it 4-1 with a penalty

Yet celebrated Bale's winning goal in the stands in the Copa Del Rey final

No doubt he is selfish, but a lot of the great strikers are. 

Â