The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

What ever happened to the rule about goalkeepers not being allowed off their line?? He was literally saving that on the six yard box.

A blind eye is always turned because it's virtually unenforceable.  The two penalties which he saved were awful penalties though, the fact that the Benfica players were hoping he would dive early so they could gently roll it into the other corner is what decided the game tonight. 

**** get in.  :hooray:

Plus the added bonus of Marin suffering the ignominy of getting subbed on and then off for being woefully shite.  Wonderful.

And I can't believe Bacca squandered that chance.

But **** get in.

The keeper off his line thing was really poor tonight. I know its hard to enforce, but not when its that obvious.

And it directly contributed to the first save. Shit pen, but may have crept in if the keeper hadn't closed the angle down by about 6 yards

The keeper off his line thing was really poor tonight. I know its hard to enforce, but not when its that obvious.

There's 2 extra officials to watch the keeper specifically. What's the point of them? 

And it directly contributed to the first save. Shit pen, but may have crept in if the keeper hadn't closed the angle down by about 6 yards

I've seen a replay and the striker is every bit as guilty with his stupid stuttered run up.  If he had delayed it any more the keeper would have probably reached the ball before he did. 

• Like 2

Benfica curse striking again.

The curse of Bela Guttman seeps into the conscious of the Benfica yet again. No amount of Guttman and/or Eusebio grave grovelling will seemingly lift it!

I've seen a replay and the striker is every bit as guilty with his stupid stuttered run up. If he had delayed it any more the keeper would have probably reached the ball before he did.

it was a shit pen.

But stuttering your run up isn't against the rules. The keeper coming off his line is.

The rev is spot on, stupid run up (which I thought was also banned) deserved to be saved

4 brilliant penalties from Sevilla, mixture of accuracy and power, the ones oblak did get near to he had no chance of stopping

Agree about not liking Benfica too, Portuguese football both at international level and in Europe is shocking IMO, gamesmanship on another level

Edited by villa4europe

Â