Do you count the woodwork as on or off target?

Artetasgirl

When a shot hits the post/crossbar do you deem the shot to be on or off target?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. When a shot hits the post/crossbar do you deem the shot to be on or off target?

• On
    • Off

So a ball that goes in off the woodwork is a shot off target, even though it's a goal?

If a ball does not go into the back of the net its off target. If a ball strikes the post and goes in its on target and if its strikes the post and goes away from the net its off.

I didn't know there was even a debate.

I think the only thing the keeper has saved there is a goal kick

im being thick and dont understand your post, could you please explain

I`m saying, I wouldn`t consider it a save because the ball was going wide before the goalie stopped it so, effectivly the only thing he has saved is the ball from going for a goal kick

oh, thanks for clearing that up

If you can weakly tap a ball at the keeper, and have it be considered an on target shot,

certainly a shot that beats the keeper but is denied by a few inches of goalpost should be considered on target as well.

certainly a shot that beats the keeper but is denied by a few inches of goalpost should be considered on target as well.

:shock: :?

why? it clearly wasn't on target, or it would have gone in.

round and round in circles we go ....

as others and myself have said on here before, as shot can surely only be deemed "on target" if it is (or does) going to go in umimpeded (ie if nothing gets in the way of the shot, the ball would go into the goal).

Hitting the post, AFAIK, does not yet constitute a goal, unless the ball hits the post and goes in, unimpeded.

The target is to score a goal, if it hits the woodwork and goes in its a goal, its on target, if it rebounds off the woodwork and doesn't go in, its off target. A sort of close but no cigar situation

Absolute rubbish IMO, it's off target whatever the circumstance, if it goes in off the post, it's the same as an off-target deflection.

The target is to score a goal, if it hits the woodwork and goes in its a goal, its on target, if it rebounds off the woodwork and doesn't go in, its off target. A sort of close but no cigar situation

Absolute rubbish IMO, it's off target whatever the circumstance, if it goes in off the post, it's the same as an off-target deflection.

So you think a non-deflected goal can be from an off target shot?

A player deliberately uses the woodwork to score a goal (it does happen) and succeeds but you'd call that off target.

Its also not the same as an off target deflection because deflecting off another player is rather more random than using a fixed object

It's off target, simple as.... thats it, there is no arguement.

As for players using the woodwork, of course they would say they meant it, as when Player doesn't get a touch on the ball yet still claim the goal... it's bollocks.

Â