1. 1. Where will we finish?

• Champions
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th or below

I think this is a good time to gauge people's optimism. Currently 3rd on a 9 game unbeaten run. Pundits who've denied us til now are even admitting that we've a great chance to finish top 4. It's all a bit surreal to me and I'm still cagey about being able to hold on. But there are others who reckon Liverpool need to watch out at the top cuz here we come.

So, as of now, where do you think we will be at the end of the season?

I'll be honest. When all is said and done I think we'll be 5th. We're on a phenomenal run yet Arsenal are only 3pts behind us on what is seemingly not a great run. Our form will have to dip at some point and there's will improve. The 3pts will vanish quickly and we'll end up 5th.

I am hoping we beat Chelsea at home. I think we will get 3rd at that point because we will keep up with them until that match. They have United today and Liverpool inbetween the two Roma games. then they have us. They will be tired and hopefully concentrating on the next round of the champions league too. I want them to get through so they will have their eye on something else.

Liverpool to beat them and United, they can fight out 1 and 2 and we battle with Chelsea for 3rd.

We are doing well, but I think up in the dizzy heights of top 4 where we finish depends more on how others play than us. Liverpool and Arsenal at their very best are above anything we can do, not to mention Chelsea&Manu.

And a quality striker doesn't mean anything at all. Chelsea got a quality striker (Anelka) for themselves last January, he was absolutely crap for them and probably cost a trophy or two for them by keeping better players on the bench. He's been good now that he's had the summer to train with them though.

I think 5th as well, but can see 4th winning this poll.

We need players it's a fact. First XI is awesome, but as soon as we get injury to just one key player the team is weakened much more than any other team in the top 4. If we end Jan with +3 squad, we'll have a much better chance.

I've got a feeling that we're going to end up 6th, I don't think that MON will get in the players he wants in this window, and I can see our form suffering for it.

Arsenal have a bit too much quality about them to carry on their recent poor form, and I don't like the way Everton keep picking up 3 points and are lurking dangerously, just behind us.

I see us finishing on about 65-68 points, but as I said earlier, I think it will be 6th place :-(

i voted for first cos i wanna believe even though my head tells me different i`m going with my heart, i can see the plop really struggling from now on in tbh , i do not believe chelsea or man utd have been in championship winning form ( judging on past years) Niether have really strenghtened thier squads in last year or so. They are aging and playing off thier past glories to me atm scrapping wins just like us, Everton are only 6 points behind but play man u chelsea and liverpool twice ( with fa cup) in next few weeks they could easily take points off any of them. i really think we will know where our destiny Could be by the end of march if we are close then we are in a title race not just champions league

I voted for 5th. As has been said earlier in the thread, despite the fact that we're on a fantastic run at the moment, Arsenal are just three points behind us (and, for that matter, Everton are just 6 points behind us). I think the second half of the season will be a real challenge for us as far as keeping up with the league while hopefully continuing on in the UEFA and FA cups. The squad has to be getting tired after all the games they've played already, and I can really see us fading a bit down the stretch. In fact, I could see us finishing as low as 6th eventually.

However, this isn't to say I'm not extremely pleased with the way our season has gone, nor is it to say I wouldn't be pleased with 6th. I thought before the season that if we could maintain last year's position while fighting on the multiple fronts of Europe, the league, and the domestic cups, it would be a great achievement. Consolidation of our position was my main goal and we've battered the hell out of that one so far, so I'm pleased as punch.

Then again, 4th or even 3rd and the Champions League doesn't look too too far-fetched now, does it? :lol:

Â