General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General Krulak here:

1. The quoted price for Kaka is disturbing...and I say this as a Fan and NOT as a Director. There are no players in the US that make that sort of money is a year...we may have players who sign multi-year contracts for similar money but I can't think of one who gets that sort of money for a year. Imagine adding the extras that come with advertising, etc. My concern is that we may end up pricing Clubs out of the league...and ensuring that others can/will never move up. This is an issue that faced the NFL in the US and eventually ended up with the salary cap. Fortunately in the US the NFL was a "closed" entity that was not competing for players world-wide. This, obviously, is not the situation in the UK or in Professional Football. It is a world game and we are faced with world competition for players. This is a tough issue and one that, sooner or later, will need to be addressed.

General, with all due respect...

In light of the Man. Cities of the world blowing Villa's transfer idealogy out of the water do you think the time will soon be upon us when Villa need to be sold to a richer owner in order to compete financially?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General

First of all may I offer my deepest sorrow for the recent loss of your Father, loved the way you spoke about him and you have every right to be very proud of him.

Man City may have these owners splashing untold millions about, but I think I speak for the vast majority of Villa fans that we are very proud of the job that has been done by Mr Lerner, aided by your good self and many others, including the manager. I know which club I would rather be following, the restructure of the club has been exemplary and long may it continue.

Hi General, As i live at university i obviously have no house phone, to call the club i have to use my mobile phone which costs money (im not sure how much although i always get warned about it by my provider!) i was wondering if there was any possibility of the club using a local birmingham phone number instead of its current one?

small gripe just a thought!

Thanks General hope to see you out and about on the Moscow and Chelsea game!

Steve

General, The most important thing to Villa fans is the health and well being of the club we love. At the end of this recession I am confident that Randy's fiscal management will ensure that we are on a secure and stable footing. I am encouraged by Mon's comments on the state of the current transfer market and his intention to avoid outrageous prices.

I'm sure he's aware that fans support him in his efforts to recruit sensibly, but it wouldn't hurt to reiterate our support for him during what must be a difficult few weeks for him. Please tell him that we are proud of the way he represents Aston Villa in public, and once again tell Randy that he is the best owner we could ever have.

Thanks General , :flag:

Hey General,

Hope you are well at this time.

I previously posted here about tickets to the Moscow and Chelsea home matches in February. You told me to send a message to Nicky Keye about the tickets and arrangements. She got me in touch with Mark Jones from the ticket office, and let me just say he deserves a raise! He did a great job accommodating me and my friend in reserving/getting tickets for the matches, (ahead of time) because we are traveling from South Dakota and Oregon, respectively.

I just had a couple questions for you. The last time I came out there was March 2007 and it wasn't the 'special' visit to Villa Park that I wanted. I didn't do the tour of VP or even get any player signatures or photo opportunites (my fault). But this time I'd really like to make the most of it and make it something to remember, as I don't know I'll be back for a match. But I was wondering if I could make arrangements to get a tour of Bodymoor Heath? Also if it would be feasible to even shake hands with a few of the players, if not that's okay I understand they are busy people and have more important things to do then meet an American Villan. Just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I also plan on doing a tour of VP on the 20th of February, the day before the Chelsea match. Should be good. If there's anything that could be done to make this trip a memorable one (apart from the players getting 3 points) then that would be great. I'd really really appreciate it.

Thanks General

My prayers are with you in this difficult time

Brendan Mahoney

elbrendanmahoney@hotmail.com

Hi General, As i live at university i obviously have no house phone, to call the club i have to use my mobile phone which costs money (im not sure how much although i always get warned about it by my provider!) i was wondering if there was any possibility of the club using a local birmingham phone number instead of its current one?

small gripe just a thought!

Thanks General hope to see you out and about on the Moscow and Chelsea game!

Steve

0121 327 5353 is the one I use

In light of the Man. Cities of the world

There is only one, and I still think we're better positioned at this moment in time than they are. Randy has backed, and I have no doubt will continue to back, our manager with significant transfer funds. Not like Man City, no-one is, but I'd rather have our board and our manager than just about anyone else in football. We're building for success long term and long may it continue.

The board have backed the manager 110%, for the first time in my many years of watching the club. Mr Lerner has proven by assignments such as the Holte pub that the club means alot more to him than making himself well known around the world like Abramovic and the Man City owners. I would not change anything in the club and while I have the upmost dislike for Ellis, fair play to him for selling our club to Mr Lerner. General, we feel proud to have you as our owners

General, with all due respect...

In light of the Man. Cities of the world blowing Villa's transfer idealogy out of the water do you think the time will soon be upon us when Villa need to be sold to a richer owner in order to compete financially?

hell no...

i dont want us to be sold to the highest bidder and cheat our way to success by trying to prove we have the biggest cahoonas with the amount of cash we splash on the fanciest named players...

we are doing what we are doing with class, honour and dignity...

the aston villa way...

Firstly i echo the staements of Pablo,s above post !

Hi General & thanks for the chance to speak to you

I am wondering if there has been any thought on forming an alliance

with an MLS club as an oppourtunity to send 2/3 youngsters on a

regular basis for player development ?

I think it would also give us a marketing & fan base boost

by selling AVFC merchandise in US

also give UK based fans a reason to look at the MLS so a win / win

many thanks

Rick -SW Michigan (former season ticket holder & fan of 35 yrs)

General Krulak here:

1. What a game!!!! The players played their hearts out and MON probably expended as much energy as anyone on the field. It was a tough place to win and our lads came up strong. I thought all of them contributed but I would be remiss if I didn't say something about James Milner. He has been playing extremely well of late andbrings to mind all the comments made about him...paid too much, not as talented as needed, etc. etc. I think what he has done...and like Petrov and others have done...is prove the wisdom of our Manager. He knows what the team needs, he knows who is available, he knows who can play in "our system" and he goes out to get them. The players he chooses may not have the biggest names or the greatest "pedigree" but MON knows, better than anyone, what he needs to make a successful team. James Milner is a case in point. As to comments about "LUCK": My recently departed father had a sign he place on his desk...and it read, "The Harder I Work, The Luckier I Get." MON works his players hard at practice and asks them to play hard in the games...if the results are termed "luck", then I hope MON never changes the formula. You make your own luck! Was Chelsea "lucky" with their last second goal? Maybe but...they sure seem lucky a good deal of the time...and for several years. Hard work and hard play pays off!! As I have said before, we still have a very long way to go. We need to play one game at a time and not worry about what the next three games will mean..or what others are doing. We just need to focus on our own game and bring it home. Thankfully we have the greatest Fans in the Premiership and there motivation and singing and shouting add to the "luck" of the Squad.

2.Yuen_Biao: I am not sure how to answer such a question. Sell the Club to someone who has more money so that the Club can be successful? OUCH!!! How do you expect me to respond to a comment like that? I trust in Randy and MON and do not think that the key to success is found in $$$$. See my post above.

3. claretmahoney: Please "pm" me and see what we can do.

4. Yes, we have looked at affiliating with an MLS Club but do not think we will be doing this in the near future. My sense is that we will probably first look at associating with some state football associations to get the good young talent that is developing...before they reach the MLS stage.

general, yet again...my heart almost bursts with nerves but yet again...we hold on for an incredible win.

supporting aston villa has never been so exciting (well, not in my life time anyway...) and it just keeps getting better and better.

i'm trying to get to as many games as i can, i'm currently drowning in my overdraft but i dont care - if it means i get to be with my boys in their moment(s) of glory...i'd be happy to go over my limit for them.

UP THE VILLA!

Evening General Sir

As ever this roller coaster of a season never fails to amaze, and especially entertain us.

I use the analogy because it is exactly that, it makes me feel sick, fills me with fear, but ultimately when the dust settles I want more!

Great game, great result, great work.

Hey General, it's great to have you back!

For Christmas I received the Villa cookbook but I was disappointed to see that you were not in it, so my question is

What is your favourite meal / dessert?

Gen

On Thursday, I tolf you to tell MON to make sure the journey was worth it.

Was it.... :D:D:D

What a bloody brilliant day, is there any other sport that makes you feel like this.

Can't get to Pompey - but Blackburn here I come (with my son this time)

Thanks for the PM - I will contact him tomorrow.

Up the Villa

General Krulak here:

1. I have to admit it...the games this season have not done much for my blood pressure. I sure would like to see one of those 5-1 wins that allow a person to chill out for a minute. Still, the lads have a great will to win and that makes a HUGE difference. Additionally, the support of the fans...both home and away...has really been special. TRUST ME, the Squad can hear you and they know you are supporting them.

Can I just say that I was really proud with the effort from the lads on Saturday. The distance from Birmingham to Sunderland is bloody ages so I'm glad we got a result. Please send our thanks from all the travelling fans as it would have been as bad as the journey back from Newcastle.

Regards