General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General,

I had a bit of a moan about moving the reserves so far away.

I've been tonight, and whilst it's still a long journey, and I'm still not delighted about it, I must say that the folks at the Marston's Stadium were organised, friendly and couldn't have been more helpful.

Seeing as one or two of them had Villa ties on, I'm presuming some of them were ours.

They done good.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

happy new year general - so sorry to hear about your father- i know how you feel - but what a cv he has! Just a quick question, i live 100 miles away, and have a 4 year old son, and although a brummie, cant be in brum every other weekend, i probably get to 10 home and 5 away games - looks like i'll never get an invite to the Holte Hotel - whats going to happen with it?, its seems empty every time i walk past , head down because i cant go in!!!

Happy new year general - you and your family deserve it

Greetigns General,

I was advised to bring this to this thread, so here goes.

I run (and play in) an amateur football team in Israel. Up to now we used to play in yellow, but the time has come for a change and I thought it would be great to change the colors to Claret and Blue. Still, due to the strength on the Pound Sterling in comparison to the Israeli Shekel, purchasing a kit or even a shirt is not an option.

I have addressed the Online shop with a request for any... cheaper solution but I haven't heard from them so far. I wondered is there something you can do to help me here? I am in need of 9 shirts in total, and I will welcome any help I can get.

Thanks!

Gen,

Welcome back - I am going to PM you on a personal issue - hope you don't mind.

By the way - Kaka - 91 million !! - is this blinking real or what !. Have clubs thought about stopping this ludicrous situation. Surely the FA have to act, it can't go on (not that they have any hope of signing him anyway !).

Up the Villa and welcome back - can you tell MON I have to start out at 5.15am on Saturday - he betta make sure it's worth it !!

Paul

General Krulak here:

1. ramshackler: Nicky Keye (Hd of our Ticketing Operations plus a "wonder-woman") has said she likes your idea and will see if she can make it happen.

thanks general. still find it unbelievable how easy it is to pass on ideas to the people in power at the club!

you are a gent sir!

General, I apologise if you have been asked this question a thousand times but when is the Peter Withe stand going to be put back to its righteous name? I believe the naming of this stand is a big part of the history which Randy is eager to communicate to the world.

General, I apologise if you have been asked this question a thousand times but when is the Peter Withe stand going to be put back to its righteous name? I believe the naming of this stand is a big part of the history which Randy is eager to communicate to the world.

What stand was ever named the Peter Withe stand?

General,

During the recent home game against west bromwich albion there was abit of trouble between rival fans in the doug ellis stand. This was due to a number of west brom fans being allowed to sit in the corporate boxes directly behind the villa fans. I personally was not involved in this trouble but I was close to where it happened this led to me being asked to leave the ground just after half time. I was also asked to hand over my season ticket and was told to write off to the club to get it back. I wrote an e-mail on monday to the ticket sales department but have not received a reply. As a season ticket holder for over ten years I found it very annoying. Any help from you would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Deleted, for someone on a permanent yellow card, you really are on dodgy ground trying to bait another poster, in a thread that is designed for communication between fans and the club. A thread which you know perfectly well isnt like other threads where no comments are allowed let alone those trying to wind up other posters - Questions to and comments for the General with no transfer discuson is all that is allowed, which you know only to well - Bicks

General, can I put Savman's comments another way

I find it obscene to see the figures quoted for Kaka but I understand in the US sports stars are paid actually more than this.

So do you feel that this will have a negative impact on football in general ?

because it is OK to pay say £50m for him because Zidane was worth that and Zidane is a better player in my view but to pay over twice the current record smakes of grotesque manipulation of the market.

General

On skim reading through I have noticed in this thread what appears to me to be a slight shift in attitude. You have repeatedly stressed for example that Randy doesn't have a machine printing £20 notes in his basement, which I am sure we can all appreciate, its not like he's the president of Thailand. However, this seems at odds with your,for example, famously misquoted comments not all that long ago about signing £30m players.

I am wondering if these,and similar comments in this thread imply a general rationalisation of the club as a business? In other words, that there is now a greater emphasis on the club's balance sheet than has hitherto been the case. Might this rationalisation, should I have interpreted your comments correctly also apply to the footballing side of the business? Is Randy's chequebook still as open as ever do you think or is it a case of having to cut our cloth to the current economic climate? (which I'm sure we could all understand were it so)

Hope you can clear that one up for me, thank you.

General Krulak here:

1. The quoted price for Kaka is disturbing...and I say this as a Fan and NOT as a Director. There are no players in the US that make that sort of money is a year...we may have players who sign multi-year contracts for similar money but I can't think of one who gets that sort of money for a year. Imagine adding the extras that come with advertising, etc. My concern is that we may end up pricing Clubs out of the league...and ensuring that others can/will never move up. This is an issue that faced the NFL in the US and eventually ended up with the salary cap. Fortunately in the US the NFL was a "closed" entity that was not competing for players world-wide. This, obviously, is not the situation in the UK or in Professional Football. It is a world game and we are faced with world competition for players. This is a tough issue and one that, sooner or later, will need to be addressed.

2.Roger_moore: The Holte entry on game day is done on a lottery basis..names picked out of a hat. Please pm me and I will see if I can set something up for you and your child.

3. VillaLion: I have answered this question before but let me give it again...I do NOT envision Randy changing the name of the stand. It would be a slap in the face of Doug Ellis and would appear petty. This is not something that Randy would do...he is not that type of person.

4. ianrobo1: There is no question, MON is not only a superb Manager but a fine human as well. He is defintely a great leader.

5. Glarmorgan: As you can imagine, we have many requests from Clubs to provide kit for teams....so many that there is no way we can oblige them all. I am sorry but if we start with one club, we would need to continue with all of them. Perhaps if you call John Greenfield at the Club shop he might be able to help you in this area.