General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Gen

Re the flags, I bet you wonder why you bother sometimes. A freebie, great for kids, and someone moans !. I say, I'll take anything if it is free !!

In fact, a good gesture I reckon could be free Budweiser to all adult season ticket holders - a box of 20 will do !! :D:D

Thanks for the answer to my PM - I have contacted Lee today and he is gonna sort it out. I cant wait to see my daughters face !.

Cheers - sometimes I whinge, but I can't believe the change in this club from 3 yrs ago you know !

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen

A quick suggestion for you (and I don't really know how to explain this so, when you are down the match - just ask anyone over the age of 30 about it, and they can tell you).

In the 60's, 70's and 80's - one of the best sights when the team came out was about 20 good old Toliet rolls being chucked from the back of the Holte (and every other ground in the country).

Now I know you can't have bog rolls now (as the club have disappointingly gone to tissues to stop it - lol) but maybe the marketing could come up with a modern equivalent - even better in claret and blue. Sell them at nominal price outside the ground and most kids would buy them I reckon (or dads with kids)

If you wanna see the effect, take a look at World Cup Argentina 1978 - ticker tape - probably the best sight ever from the stands !

Hello General

Can i say anything the Club does to lift the spirits on a cold, wet Birmingham day/night will always be welcome most fans

I would like to echo paulandonya's idea about the claret n blue loo rolls, would look awesome with the flag going round too!

I suppose a small blues badge printed in the centre of the toilet tissues would be out of the question??? It would make me smile as i wiped! :lol:

General, if that was you (and I'm sure it was you) who helped with raising concern about inability of russian supporters to get tickets, thats really appreciated!

I've just got a call from the Club offering to register as official supporters club e.t.c.! And I think we'll be able to get ticket then (although its not definite yet, Nicky has to make a decision on this matter)!

And the guy who is responsible for supporters clubs promised to post some info about russian supporters club and asked me to send some photos - I'll ask guys to take photos in Villa kit in Red Square! I think it'll be fantastic!

Anyway, thank you so much for your help!!!

regarding the flags gen, i think its a great idea, the 1st time we have been in europe for years and were no in the last 32 so why not do something for it. I am a 24 year old and anything i get from the villa is a souvenir and something i can look back on and hopefully show my kids and grandchildren in the future like my grandad did to me and my mom so i appreciate anything like this. cant believe some people dont like the idea.

General Krulak here:

1. Helluva game yesterday. Another 3 points away...which I believe is a Club record for continuous away wins. I was very happy for Hes...what a way to debut. It reminded me of Zat Knight. I will admit it was not the prettiest of games...but that is how things go sometimes. MON is faced with some strategic challenges and I think he has made some good decisions...given what he has right now. ONE GAME AT A TIME!! That is how I am looking at life right now. As I have said many times, we will have our ups and downs...but we need to just take them one at a time.

2. villaajax: I got into football years ago when my two sons were little kids and we would watch "Soccer from Germany" every Saturday afternoon. Both my lads played the game and my wife played...in fact, she started the Southern California Soccer Association which has now grown to be the biggest female soccer association in the world!! I became interested in Premiership Football when Randy and I moved to the UK in 2000.

3. toilet paper rolls: I am afraid you will not see them at Villa Park...or any other League site.

4. myb: Can we win the League? I would be a traitor to say anything else but OF COURSE. At the same time, I am a realist and we have a long way to go and a large part of the season in front of us. As you all know better than I, this is a funny game and you can experience euphoria at one moment and feel like #%&% the next moment. So, my solution to keeping my sanity is as I said above, one game at a time. :winkold:

5. markavfc40: We expect we might see around 41k for Wigan. We will need as many singing and cheering as possible because we have always had difficulty with these lads.

6. ddart: yes, we have been working the "russian supporter" issue hard. Hopefully it will work out.

would just like to say another thank you General for keeping us supporters upto date and making us feel closer here at Villa, and like a huge family.

my Son aint very good at the whole internet thing ( even though i brought him a pc about 4 years ago lol) and he asked me "who is that General Krulak guy" last night.

When i told him who you was and what you do, he just couldn`t believe that some 1 so high up was taking time out to talk to the fans. It was like we won 2 games last night with his delight :)

so again thank you for everything you Randy and the rest of the staff at Villa Park are doing.

Both my lads played the game and my wife played ...in fact, she started the Southern California Soccer Association which has now grown to be the biggest female soccer association in the world!!

Was she a right back by any chance? :winkold:

Thanks again General!

Gen

I just want to say a HUGE thank you to both yourself and Lee Preece. I am astounded at the service the club offers now.

Re: my PM - Lee has sorted the "item" for my daughter, and I cannot wait to see her face when it comes through the door in a few days.

I also asked if there was any way the club could help for saturdays game, as she would have had to miss it, as she can't walk the distance from where I park the car to the ground - what happens, a parking permit comes through the door - I am unbelievably impressed and grateful to all involved.

Just to put this into perspective. My mum had been a season ticket holder for as long as I've been alive (1970) and for years before that. In the late 90's she came down with a spinal problem and in about 2001 (last year of Gregory) she called the club, explained the issue and asked if the club had a seat directly over the entrance - therefore, no one would stand in front of her and she could see. SHe was told, we can't tell you, you'll have to come down, pick a seat and we'll say if it is avaiable - when she explained she couldn't due to her condition - she was told - there is nothing we can do, she said if that is the case, I will not be able to come down and she was told then so be it - sorry. Hence she hasn't been to Villa Park since.

The turn around in the care this club shows to fans now is nothing short of remarkable - and we should not forget that.

Thanks ever so much. And on the pitch - I said in November - by Feb. 1st, we will be above Liverpool. I will stick to it !

Paul

General, unfortunately I missed the scarves, the free coaches, never been to the Holte Hotel, and will miss the flags...unfortunately, but been to over however the gestures are incredible and also not cheap - Thank you, Randy and the board.

We are the luckiest club in the world to have Randy, you and the board at the helm - Thank You

General Krulak here:

1. villaajax: She played what was called "Center Midfield"...a very difficult position to play.

2. Paul, I am glad that things have been sorted...I thought that they would be. As I have said many times before, Randy and the Board do care about the Fans and do try to be as "Fan-friendly" as we can be. I will be the first to admit that we don't always succeed to the degree we would like but...the people who work at Villa Park work very hard to take care of the Fans. They are the real heroes.

6. ddart: yes, we have been working the "russian supporter" issue hard. Hopefully it will work out.

Looks like it has been solved - we've been given up to 20 tickets!

Don't worry about security - I've made it condition that all personal details are supplied and passport checked several times - both on collection of money and on tickets pickup.

Don't worry - they won't go to anyone who is not genuine Villa supporter!

Thanks once again for your help!!! You've just made 20 people, who can only see Villa once in several years when Villa play in Russia - much much happier!!

General,

Coming from a bit of a Royal Navy family, I was so pleased to read in the Bham Post this morning that Randy has had a painting commissioned for our newest ship HMS Daring, showing a naval battle taking place inside Villa Park!

A bit of background for those who didn't read the piece - the Daring is a stealth warship, probably the most advanced in the world right now and commanded by the former skipper of HMS Birmingham. As such it is officially Birmingham's ship, which is why the crew formed the gaurd of honour at the Boro game.

Can you thank Randy - the man oozes class. Birmingham has a long association with the Navy - strange when you consider we are in the middle of the country.

General, i haven't posted for a while but i feel i just got to thank you & Randy for making us a force to be reckoned with again- i can feel great times ahead.

And the good news is i've had been an exiled Villain living in Spain, but now i'm coming home!

See you down the Villa soon!

General Krulak here:

1. I would like to thank all those who have posted with such kind remarks about Randy and the Board. At the same time, I would like to deflect the praise to those who truly deserve it...MON, his Coaches and Players, the Reserves and Youth and their coaches, the unbelievably hardworking people at Villa Park who come in everyday and make good things happen, the "part time" folks who also work so hard and, of course, the Fans!! As I have said before, we at Villa are a Family. We are ALL part of the family. Like any Family, we will have our "squabbles" but in the end, we are Family. So long as we treat each other with respect, all will come out fine. Let's face it, we will have our ups and downs. That is typical in this sport. The key is to bounce back from a "down"...and bounce even higher. We all need to remember that each of us has the same goal...to win consistently!! :flag::D:flag::)