General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Not sure who's idea the flags was but can i just say personally i hate it. It is very small-time, plastic and tacky and says so much about football these days. Whatever happened to standing up and singing to create an atmosphere? If we need little plastic flags to create an atmosphere god help us

regards

I think its a great idea General and the kids will love it! Blackcountry you never surprise me :lol:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to add my two penneth about the flags - great idea and well done to the marketing folks for bringing it to fruition. You can't please all the people all the time - but I think most will see the gesture as it was intended. Keep up the good work!

General with regard to the flag, you can't please all the people all of the time....

Those that don't want one don't have to take one so its not doing anyone any harm. I think its a nice gesture.

I agree with the above positive sentiments.... I can't believe people are moaning about something which they don't need to take/be involved with/pay for

General with regard to the flag, you can't please all the people all of the time....

Those that don't want one don't have to take one so its not doing anyone any harm. I think its a nice gesture.

I agree with the above positive sentiments.... I can't believe people are moaning about something which they don't need to take/be involved with/pay for

It's still our club and we think it will look embarassing. Also it just shows how manufactured football is. We'll probably have those clapper boards like Blues and cheerleaders like Bolton next

A flag doesn't generate noise like clapper boards so it wont be a generated atmosphere. It's a souvenir!! Gen please remember that every kid at VP on the night will love this gift from the club as will the vast majority of adult supporters.

You can't please everyone but don't let it be a deterrent. I love this sort of stuff. Gives something back to the £1000's us fans spend every season!!

Hi General,

Remember, a while ago I've asked about tickets for supporters in Moscow.

I just had a chat with Nicky Keye and she said they won't be able to sell tickets to Villa supporters in Russia, cause non of them for obvious reasons have booking history and its for security reasons.

I can see a point here, but its not good that our genuine supporters in Moscow couldn't get tickets to away end ... There is no chance supporters will be able to buy tickets in Moscow from the ground, they won't sell to the away end..

Are there any other ways we can get try get them tickets?

They have own website (www.astonvilla.ru) and group on one of Russian social networks (http://vkontakte.ru/club14567), and its the only fact they're not offical supporters club means they couldn't get tickets to away end :(. Its not fair..

Thanks for your help!

I think the fact that the Club want to give something to us loyal supporters is most generous and I can't believe that people are criticising it - Randy might wonder why he bothers sometimes! I find it quite upsetting that people criticise this - sorry but I do. I know I would be very hurt if I had thought about a gift and gave it to someone who then said it was cheap tacky and why bother etc - even if that's what they think , in my opinion, they should keep their feelings to themselves when the club are being so thoughtful and generous. Thanks General and to Randy - Great Idea. I'm looking forward to mine and will wave it with great gusto in the Upper Doug Ellis stand! It can go with my free scarf from Sheff U Game and Mellberg shirt from West Ham game - absolutely tops!

General Krulak here:

1. I confess that I am surprised that there are those who don't appreciate the flags...but have come to realize that you REALY can't please everyone all the time. Simply put, the flags were an idea that Randy liked...he wanted to have something "special" for the kids who might come to the game during half-term...something that they could take home and remember the evening. If some don't like the flags, they don't have to take them or wave them. Again, it was a gesture of RESPECT to the Club and the Nation...seems pretty harsh to complain about them. It sort of sad when a gesture such as this one by the owner of the Club is "panned" by certain fans. It hurts no one and has a positive impact on our youth. Let's take it for what it is...a nice gesture by your Club.

2. davidplatt7: Welcome to the site. I think I agree with your analysis...being too optimistic is as bad as being too pessimistic. As I have said MANY times before, we will have our ups and downs. We will make mistakes and lose games we should win. No Club is perfect in every area. We still have a long way to go in this season. The key is one game at a time....win as many as we can, tie if we don't win and if we lose, get back off the floor and start fighting again.

3. Bob Kain will still be involved in both Browns and Villa...he is just not on the Board of the Browns. He continues to give advice and counsel to Randy.

4. snowychap: Thank you for the comments on the fight to close Guantanamo Bay and to end "enhanced interrogation techniques." This has been a long, hard, struggle and I am overjoyed to see the action that President Obama has taken. Many people have worked hard on this...not just me. I think my impact has been enhanced by the fact that I was known to be pretty conservative and when I came out for the repeal of Bush's policy, it had an impact.

5. tubby: The Browns are pretty much as you described...a Club that has a world of potential and just needs a good Coach and GM to bring success. Randy is no different in the US than he is in the UK. He cares about the Club, the Leadership of the team, the Fans and, overall, a winning team. I know Randy....he will get there. He has good people working at the Browns and it will come together.

6. We will be honouring our fallen players at the game.

It sort of sad when a gesture such as this one by the owner of the Club is "panned" by certain fans. It hurts no one and has a positive impact on our youth. Let's take it for what it is...a nice gesture by your Club.

General the very small minority who are moaning are the ones who are sad miserable sods. Having looked at the comments on here and elsewhere 99% of fans see this in the positive way it was intended. As DDID so eloquently put in the previous post you will always get the odd ignorant **** in life.

1. I confess that I am surprised that there are those who don't appreciate the flags...but have come to realize that you REALY can't please everyone all the time. Simply put, the flags were an idea that Randy liked...he wanted to have something "special" for the kids who might come to the game during half-term...something that they could take home and remember the evening. If some don't like the flags, they don't have to take them or wave them. Again, it was a gesture of RESPECT to the Club and the Nation...seems pretty harsh to complain about them. It sort of sad when a gesture such as this one by the owner of the Club is "panned" by certain fans. It hurts no one and has a positive impact on our youth. Let's take it for what it is...a nice gesture by your Club.

General take heart that it was a number as low as 2 that were complaining and i think we all know from many previous post that Randy will not be bringing in cheerleaders. Randy is on the same wave length thats for sure.

Hi General,

I've been wondering, and I'm not sure if you've been asked before, but how long ago did you get into football? also, do you watch any international football such as the USA team? will you be attending the World cup?

Thanks!

I ask a lot of strange questions :P