General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General Krulak here:

2.Yuen_Biao: I am not sure how to answer such a question. Sell the Club to someone who has more money so that the Club can be successful? OUCH!!! How do you expect me to respond to a comment like that? I trust in Randy and MON and do not think that the key to success is found in $$$$. See my post above.

As usual misinterpretations often arise on message boards. I merely stated that Villa might have to be sold out of neccesity rather than any material 'want' that I have to see 'world class' players.

I do not think success is found in £'s but it sure helps, if Villa cannot compete financially then we will not have the best players playing for our team.

It's very simple!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General the way Villa are being slated in the press and by other managers for being "lucky" is very sad on their part and though this frustrates me slightly your post which included "The harder i work the luckier i get" was very inspiring. Cheers for that as i have had to use it on people all weekend and am yet ti have anybody argue with that :winkold:

General Krulak here:

1. I have to admit it...the games this season have not done much for my blood pressure. I sure would like to see one of those 5-1 wins that allow a person to chill out for a minute. Still, the lads have a great will to win and that makes a HUGE difference. Additionally, the support of the fans...both home and away...has really been special. TRUST ME, the Squad can hear you and they know you are supporting them.

Hi General

Yes it would definately be nice to be able to get a few goals ahead as a cushion a bit more often, but I'm pleased that going a goal down early on is no longer the crushing blow kick in the nuts feeling it was a few years ago! I was still smiling after Sunderland scored cos I had every confidence the lads would fight back and fight back they did. Even losing Ash and going a man down didn't destroy our belief. Great to see!

G'day General,

let me see if I can raise a minor issue regarding the official site. There was some discussion a while back about attendances for certain games and I'm assuming the life blood of AVFC is to get bums on seats regularly.

Surely we could simplify the Online Sales process, for the 'newbie' visitor to avfc.co.uk, to make it ridiculously simple to purchase tickets without having the Sales page 4-5 clicks away from the initial splash/homepage. I guess I'm talking about a big, unmissable "Click Here To Buy Tickets" somewhere on the homepage permanently.

I understand registration is essential to vet fans and ensure no away/troublesome fans get access to home areas, but if the club is trying to attract new fans to go with the new Villa then perhaps we could make it as painless and user-friendly as possible?

You never know, you might get some ticket sales on impluse (like most of mine) and before you know it, there's another Villan born.

Just a thought!

G'day General,

let me see if I can raise a minor issue regarding the official site. There was some discussion a while back about attendances for certain games and I'm assuming the life blood of AVFC is to get bums on seats regularly.

Surely we could simplify the Online Sales process, for the 'newbie' visitor to avfc.co.uk, to make it ridiculously simple to purchase tickets without having the Sales page 4-5 clicks away from the initial splash/homepage. I guess I'm talking about a big, unmissable "Click Here To Buy Tickets" somewhere on the homepage permanently.

I understand registration is essential to vet fans and ensure no away/troublesome fans get access to home areas, but if the club is trying to attract new fans to go with the new Villa then perhaps we could make it as painless and user-friendly as possible?

You never know, you might get some ticket sales on impluse (like most of mine) and before you know it, there's another Villan born.

Just a thought!

I agree that the ticketing section of the website needs a little 'visual improvement' and also think once a user is signed in, should be a lot easier to quickly get your seats booked.

Amazons 'buy with one click' is a good example of making the user journey very simple. Details are saved, just requires confirmation of delivery and security details for card payment.

General,

By chance this evening I came onto this site to look at team news for tonight's reserve game before setting off; the game has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch and I came within about five minutes of a seventy mile drive to find that out.

It still isn't mentioned anywhere on Villa's official web site, I had to check on Chelsea's site for confirmation.

I'm sure there will be Villa fans who only use the Official Site who will travel to Hinckley tonight, some of whom make their way there on public transport. They will make a round trip of two or three hours to get to a ground where no game is taking place, I've a feeling they'll be none too pleased about that.

Surely this should be on the Official Villa website, and surely it should be clear and obvious to anyone viewing that website?

Thank you.

EDIT - I've found it, it seems to have been knocked off the front page, but not yet filed into the reserves news section, so it can only be located through the "news", then "latest news" link. It's a bit hidden away, but I'm sure that at least some of the people that intended to go will have seen it while it was briefly on the front page.

Evening General Sir

I don't normally moan, and to be fair this is more fine tuning, but whilst we are on the subject of on-line ticket purchases, there are two things which puzzle me:

1. I am not able to purchase away game tickets on-line, why would this be? As it leads to the next problem:

2. When I check my booking history, it only shows the games I have booked on-line, as opposed to all the tickets which I have booked. This means I must phone up to check my away booking history regularly, to make sure I have enough "credits".

Thanks in advance.

General,

Anything to report on possible ground improvements? Have you now received the full report from HOK(?)? Has there been any further discussion regarding possible Olympic funding? Are the board focusing on other issues at the moment given the current economic climate? (I am not suggesting that Randy will not bankroll the project, merely that filling the ground in this climate is difficult)

Perhaps you could just give us an idea as to what the board is currently thinking regarding the development of Villa Park, hopefully in the not too distant future we will need the extra seats to meet the demand. Barcelona in the champions league semi next year will sell twice over :winkold:

Hi General,

Firts of all I feel I must thank you and Randy (and others on the board) for running the club in a professional and sensible manner. Some of the "big money" owners of other clubs have turned their behind the scene operations into a circus - Gillette & Hicks for example. I feel confident that the workings of the club and policy are in very safe hands.

My question is about transfers into Villa; Martin O'Neil is usually very tight lipped when it comes to transfer targets, is this something he personally feels is a better policy or is it a guidline from further up?

Thanks.

Yuen_Biao may be best to start a thread on this so others may have a say away from this thread.

Thanks b6bloke. To others, please do not have discussions amongst yourselves in this thread. Posts deleted. Limpid

General.

Whilst the matchday programmes offer great value for money and are an equally great read, I would like to see a return of the front cover featuring players/match action etc, the current white cover is pretty dull in my opinion.

General.

Whilst the matchday programmes offer great value for money and are an equally great read, I would like to see a return of the front cover featuring players/match action etc, the current white cover is pretty dull in my opinion.

I would like to see the return of Ian Taylor in 'Tayl End' if possible. Although Stan Collymore is an ex player he doesn't carry much respect in my eyes and often writes his column as if he is jabbering on Talk Sport.

Can I ask why Ian Taylor no longer writes for the 'News and Record' and where I can go to complain/ask for his return?

Cheers

Jon

Hi general,

A few months back I asked if AVTV were planning on showing reserves/youth football live (like that UEFA cup tie they did)

I also mentioned at the time if they weren't planning it then they should as it would invite a lot of subscribers to AVTV.

You said at the time you would look into it, have you had the chance?

Hi General,

I've just read something on this board which raises an interesting question in my mind, slightly related to transfers, so if this breaks the rules of the thread, then mods please delete and General please ignore.

If someone were to bid very very large amounts of money for one of our players, where does the decision lie? Since the O'Neill/Lerner partnership begun, I have had no doubt that Martin has been in control of practically all on and off the field matters to do with the team, including all transfer decisions. But is there a point at which you feel a board (i'm not saying OUR board, but a board) has to intervene in order to seriously think things through? Or should the manager always have that ultimate control when it comes to the actual team?

General.

I would like to see the return of Ian Taylor in 'Tayl End' if possible. Although Stan Collymore is an ex player he doesn't carry much respect in my eyes and often writes his column as if he is jabbering on Talk Sport.

Can I ask why Ian Taylor no longer writes for the 'News and Record' and where I can go to complain/ask for his return?

Cheers

Jon

I understand there is bad blood with this issue re: the Barry situation, so I don't expect you to go out of your way to respond.

Thanks

Jon

General,

I trust the club will mark the passing of Johnny Dixon. Can I suggest the video screens display the iconic image of Johnny holding the cup aloft on Nigel Simms shoulders prior to the Wigan game. Using this image would give a nod to the other members of the '57 team we have lost recently.

general

i dont know whether you have ever heard of the fish finger letter, it was written by Paddy a poster here on villatalk to david O'Leary after one of the darkest days for villa in recent history and serves as a great reminder of how far we have come under you and randy, here is a copy

30th November

Dear Mr. O'Leary,

I was one of the unfortunate 2500 to travel to watch your 'team' in Doncaster last night. My third away game this year despite being a student in huge debts. We've lost all three of those games, but I'm happy to accept this if the team actually turn up, and when they turn up they actually try. I know you can't win every game, it would be boring if we did, but we can put up a fight! Put it this way, I wouldn't be writing to you today if we'd lost 1-0 and it really was a dodgy refereeing decision that cost us the game and not a gutless performance.

So I'm writing to you to ask you for my money back. Whether it's from the club, you personally, the players, the Chairman or anyone, I don't care where it comes from but I want it back. Including travel I spent my weekly food budget on going to watch those over-paid gutless losers. For the rest of the week I shall be eating complete rubbish, which no-one at the club would know about because of the ridiculous wages, purely because I wanted to see the club I love play. But I didn't see them play, which is why I feel I've been robbed. As I say, I even accepted the poor 3-1 defeat at Man City as the second half performance was a huge improvement and we could easily have got a draw.

I can assure you that if I am not refunded (just for the ticket, travel I got my moneys worth, the train turned up, unlike the team), I shall not be attending any more away games this season, and no home games past the Manchester United game which I already have my tickets for. For you and your players to not even apologise to us for the performance was absolutely disgraceful, my feet have just thawed out and I still see no apology! You don't lose 3-0 to a side ninth in League 1 purely because of two dodgy refereeing decisions, you lose because you're not good enough. And that's an understatement.

I have written to Olof Mellberg, Milan Baros and Thomas Sorenson separately to thank them for their performance as I believe they were the only ones on the pitch who showed passion and were actually fit to wear the shirt last night.

If you refuse to refund me I would hope at least an apology is forthcoming. If I read anymore of your excuses I think I'll choke on my 16p fish fingers. Think of me as you sit there in your £1m mansion. What is £15 to you? Would you even stop to pick it up if you dropped it in the street? To me it's my weekly food budget. That was unacceptable last night Mr. O'Leary. I love Aston Villa football club, nothing will EVER change that, there's no way I can stop loving this club. But it makes me so annoyed to see us play so poorly and with so little passion that I cannot bring myself to watch this pathetic excuse for a team if they can't even apologise after a performance as abysmal as that.

Hi General

I've finally got round to watching Villa last weekend at Sunderland and it was a great experience, I cannot wait to experience a Villa Game in the near future.

Anyway, I do voluntary work for a young persons charity in County Durham called Care in Durham, it is an organisation for young people in local authority care and for people who have been in care.

Iin May this year I'm planning to visit every Premiership ground in England to raise money for said charity, I was wondering if Villa would be able to help me out in any way possible, I'm not asking for cash donations from anyone at the club.

But if you can help me at all, I will drop you a PM and outline the plan to you and how Villa could help me in my quest, I will also be putting my plan in writing to the club, as I will also be doing to the other 19 Premiership clubs, but if you are interested in what I have to say Sir, then I will drop you a PM