General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

I really think the price of Young Villans should be cheaper.

Upto the age of 18.

Pretty much for all games, I'd have £15 for Under 18's, although for a big game, go £18 for the likes of Blues/Chelsea/United... (People in college/6th form still are full-time students, most people do this, I don't know that many 16-18 full-time working, and even part-time work, that money goes upto driving lessons, a car etc...going out etc..)

And then any adults bringing Under 12's should be £10 all the time.

Just for example, I mean £22 for lower Holte for Undr 16's. and £34 for an Adult.

That's £56 + Food, drink, petrol, parking...etc...a day coming upto around £65-70 just to take a child to a football match! £22 for under 16's, again travel, food etc..How many under 16's who are at School have nearly £30 to spend to watch Villa in the main stand where they want to be sitting.

Were playing West Ham, a team in the relegation zone! parents should be able to take their kids to football without having to spend a fair bit of money.

07-08 I went to watch us against Derby at home (worst team ever to play in the Premiership) for just £10...Under 16 ticket. I bought about 6 mates along all willing to pay really cheap prices.

Attendance that day: 40,938.

Portsmouth this year, Attendance: 35979. (5,000 lower)

Fulham: 32,917. (8,000 lower)

Bolton: 38,101 (3,000 lower)

and this is while we are a better football team to what we were then.

General you can correct me here and I might be completly off the boil because you probably have goals/target you need to achieve etc...but it seems to me from some comments of being one of the cheapest in the league and being competitive...it seems are prices are set on what teams around us are doing rather than we what we can do.

Sorta like someone investing £100 into a business, but because we want to the best we invest £105..when infact we could actually invest alot more but just because others haven't, we haven't.

I'm not sure how to explain it but yeah :lol:

Anyway keep up the great work!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only main criticism I can draw from ticket prices and structures/strategies is the student bracket.

Now, normally, student prices are 10% off minimum, some places 15% and some even 20%.

So why, at Villa Park, do you only get £1 off a ticket if you are a student? Young Adult is a better option for those 16-21 in education but students ask for student tickets as they are unaware of the Young Adult bracket. This is something that probably needs to be eradicated for future reference.

Everything else is fine though.

The only main criticism I can draw from ticket prices and structures/strategies is the student bracket.

Now, normally, student prices are 10% off minimum, some places 15% and some even 20%.

So why, at Villa Park, do you only get £1 off a ticket if you are a student? Young Adult is a better option for those 16-21 in education but students ask for student tickets as they are unaware of the Young Adult bracket. This is something that probably needs to be eradicated for future reference.

Everything else is fine though.

I agree with this. Ticket prices at VP are very competetive and generally good value for money; however, I'm struggling this year (currently in my second year of university). I've had a season ticket for the previous two seasons - as soon as I passed my test and got a car, I made sure I had a ST in the Holte.

I struggle more, particularly now that I'm 21, as I no longer qualify as 'young adult'. I just can't afford the ticket prices and the travel (bear in mind Villa students will go to universities all across the country, therefore travel expenses can be very high). I'm really gutted about this, too, as it looks like I won't get a cup final ticket this year - if we get there - after spending a significant chunk of my money following the club over the past couple of years, as I just haven't been able to attend games this season. I'm not saying that it's not fair, I just can't help being bitterly disappointed.

Otherwise, great job General. Words cannot describe how proud I am to have you, Randy and MON at the helm! (You're certainly much more helpful than some of our rivals' [now former!] directors - short article here in case you haven't seen this!)

:flag:

Im a STH, and go to 6th form (final year) so will be going to University in September. I aim to go to Huddersfield so visits to VP will be rare and presumly quite spread apart - something i dread. So what im trying to say here is that another pricing bracket might be usefull, or as Sellyoak said, a better 'student' section.

I am married with 3 young children and so each and every month is a financial juggling act. These are circumstances I have chosen. Each month I prioritise and certain things I have to go without. I believe the prices that Villa offer offset against the footballing challenge we all crave are second to none and have nothing but praise for this. If, like this month, we have the additional costs of the cup games I either miss the games or sacrifice something else. I do not expect the club to create a new pricing band for me, I know I get value for money and like all other things in life I ultimately have a choice. So, for all students, young adults and other unfortunate souls - you are not the only ones who struggle financially!!

Keep up the great work Villa, I'm so proud of you.

General,

Last year James Milner was involved in our campaign to encourage young people not to drink underage. The next round of the campaign is set to launch soon and it would be great to see him (and Aston Villa) involved in it again. Have PM'd you with details.

Gen

Very quick question as it is all ifs and buts.

Obviously Blackburn, Thursday. The weather reports say we are in for another walloping of snow tomorrow - thus, it could be in danger again.

If this happened and it was called off, what would happen with the home leg.

Would that become the 1st leg , or, would we re-arrange the date (as it is perceived that playing home 2nd leg is an advantage.

Surely it must have been discussed, and games are starting to be called off tomorrow so there must be a concern.

My shout - double header like the old days - 1st leg Monday at Blackburn , 2nd leg Villa on Wednesday ! - the good old days !!

General,

I read an interesting article on the Cleveland Plain Dealer suggesting that Mike Holmgren is Randy's version of Martin at the Browns. I can understand that view given the freedom Randy provides to Martin, is that how Randy see's the acquisition of Holmgren for the Browns? Interesting times ahead for the Browns, does Randy feel an obligation to at least match the improvements the Villa have seen since his arrival to appease the Browns fans?

The article can be found here if you are interested.

I really think the price of Young Villans should be cheaper.

Upto the age of 18.

Pretty much for all games, I'd have £15 for Under 18's, although for a big game, go £18 for the likes of Blues/Chelsea/United... (People in college/6th form still are full-time students, most people do this, I don't know that many 16-18 full-time working, and even part-time work, that money goes upto driving lessons, a car etc...going out etc..)

And then any adults bringing Under 12's should be £10 all the time.

Just for example, I mean £22 for lower Holte for Undr 16's. and £34 for an Adult.

That's £56 + Food, drink, petrol, parking...etc...a day coming upto around £65-70 just to take a child to a football match! £22 for under 16's, again travel, food etc..How many under 16's who are at School have nearly £30 to spend to watch Villa in the main stand where they want to be sitting.

Were playing West Ham, a team in the relegation zone! parents should be able to take their kids to football without having to spend a fair bit of money.

07-08 I went to watch us against Derby at home (worst team ever to play in the Premiership) for just £10...Under 16 ticket. I bought about 6 mates along all willing to pay really cheap prices.

Attendance that day: 40,938.

Portsmouth this year, Attendance: 35979. (5,000 lower)

Fulham: 32,917. (8,000 lower)

Bolton: 38,101 (3,000 lower)

and this is while we are a better football team to what we were then.

Prices now 20 quid / 10 quid. Maybe they listened?

Good stuff!

General Krulak here:

1. Cash point: We are, in fact, trying to entice a bank to bring cash points to Villa Park. We need to understand that in this tough economic environment, getting a bank to install a machine at a location that sees the vast majority of the business on one day a week is a bit tough.

2.AVFC-Prideofbrum: I can't go any further than I have re. ticket prices. We will NEVER satisfy everyone unless we made it "free admission." We are in a business and we need to pay the bills...simple as that . We try to be as fair as possible and we do listen to our fans. At the same time, it takes money to buy players, to pay for players, to pay for staff, etc. etc. If we cut our margin too much...if we lower ticket prices (even for youth) to a point where there is minimal margin, we will find ourselves in trouble. Randy is dedicated to keeping prices low but he needs to be smart about it.

3. Tubby: There is no question that Randy hopes that Mike will do what needs to be done. US and English football cannot be compared in many ways but...I do think that Mike will be the type of Leader that will do good things for the Browns.

2.AVFC-Prideofbrum: I can't go any further than I have re. ticket prices. We will NEVER satisfy everyone unless we made it "free admission." We are in a business and we need to pay the bills...simple as that . We try to be as fair as possible and we do listen to our fans. At the same time, it takes money to buy players, to pay for players, to pay for staff, etc. etc. If we cut our margin too much...if we lower ticket prices (even for youth) to a point where there is minimal margin, we will find ourselves in trouble. Randy is dedicated to keeping prices low but he needs to be smart about it.

I hope this is the end of the ticket price questions. I for one would like to congratulate and support the club on its ticket prices, which I think are both fair and highly competitive.

1. Cash point: We are, in fact, trying to entice a bank to bring cash points to Villa Park. We need to understand that in this tough economic environment, getting a bank to install a machine at a location that sees the vast majority of the business on one day a week is a bit tough.

Can't you just stick some of those 'convenience ATMs' inside the ground? I don't suppose I'd ever use it but it's worth considering for others I suppose. Like these things here...

Hi General

I was thinking about buying a half season ticket but it says they are not on sale? Please can you advise why I can't buy one?

Cheers!

General, just in case you missed this question I'm posting it again. i'm really keen to get a half season ticket - can you confirm whether I can still get one and if not why not? (I know I've missed one of the home matches but that is fine)

Cheers :)

General,

As an example , Hamburg fc show stadium seating layout of all areas so you actually see where the seat you are to purchase is.

They also show how many tickets are available leading up to home matches in all ares .

Would it be possible for villa to do this.

General Krulak here:

1. Gizmo: Please understand that most of those ATM's are sponsored by banks...the photo of the UBS machine is an example. The machines are not free...they are free to user but not to the bank or institution. If they are only used once a week, the revenue will not meet the expense.

2. Brumstopdogs: Thanks for catching that one for me. Sometimes I have a "senior moment" and don't answer the mail. I spoke to Nicky Keye on your question and the 1/2 season tickets are no longer on sale. We had to be careful not to sell so many season tickets that our fans who cannot afford to get a ST or a 1/2 ST can still get into a game.

3. 1968: I think I have answered this question about 3 times and in 3 different ways. Look up above to see what I had to say about ticket prices.