Running

trimandson

Stevo get off your butt and run!!!!

villarule123 you will get there! If I did you definitely can.

Actually, I am dreading the morning. 5k run followed by arm day. I hate arm day. Stupid weak upper body strength! Still, I WILL DO IT!!!!! I just don't really want to.

lp_villa, let us know how the run went!

And Mooney, you are not a lump of lard. I know how sucky it is to feel that way but you aren't! Now make us all proud and sign up for another street race already!

Hardly run at all since doing my half marathon a few weeks ago, so just signed up for Bristol Half to give me something to go out and train for. Strange thing is I enjoy running once I'm out and into it, but without a goal can't motivate myself to get out and do anything.

And Mooney, you are not a lump of lard. I know how sucky it is to feel that way but you aren't! Now make us all proud and sign up for another street race already!
Thanks for the encouragement. I'll be racing this Sunday as it happens - not a street race, but the first fixture in this year's Yorkshire Veterans GP season. No distance to travel as it's our club's "home" race. That's kinda different - turning out for the team and all that - and it might give me a kick-start.

I'll probably run to work on Friday too (haven't done it for a good while).

I did!

But as I said it was a very slow 3 miles. First 2 miles took me over 20 minutes!

but as I said, I did finish with an 8 minute final mile, which is good.

But still, I justy have this mental block that I think I can't run on a Saturday.

Oh well, now that I've moved my distance increase day to Tuesday it shouldn't hinder me too much.

5 miles tomorrow night!

I did!

But as I said it was a very slow 3 miles. First 2 miles took me over 20 minutes!

but as I said, I did finish with an 8 minute final mile, which is good.

But still, I justy have this mental block that I think I can't run on a Saturday.

Oh well, now that I've moved my distance increase day to Tuesday it shouldn't hinder me too much.

5 miles tomorrow night!

Congrats on the 8 minute last mile! I would have died. I have to keep my pace until I round the corner and see my stopping point...then I sprint to the end. That's it as far as speed increase goes.

After breaking up with my girlfriend and gaining a lot of free time, I've started running more and more!

I've been for 3 runs in the last week. Each one lasting around 30 mins, around the country park behind my house.

Then I cancelled it all out by having a McDonalds on Friday :(

Iv posted on here ages ago. Id love to be able to run everyday a few miles with all the free time I have, I just seem to get injured though. I remember once I ran about 5 miles and didn't stop, actually enjoyed it. The next time I froze up half a mile in.

Might have to try again soon, its decent weather.

Iv posted on here ages ago. Id love to be able to run everyday a few miles with all the free time I have, I just seem to get injured though. I remember once I ran about 5 miles and didn't stop, actually enjoyed it. The next time I froze up half a mile in.

Might have to try again soon, its decent weather.

Build up slowly. If you don't run much and went out and did 5 miles just like that, I'm not surprised you froze up next time! You've got to start with short runs and build on it. One or two miles is more than enough to start with and build up slowly from there.

Agreed.

If I'd had to tackle 5 miles a month ago I'd have either not made it, or been exhausted afterwards!

Now I'm facing 5 miles tomorrow and I'm very confident that I'm going to make because I've just added half a mile every week.

I beat my time again today!!! Apparently my pace is getting faster even when I am thinking I suck. I really thought I wasn't going to finish this morning....BUT I DID! WOOOHOOO!!!!

Nice one :)

Forgot to mention in my last post, I lost half a stone in about 10 days. Stayed at the same sort of weight (just under 17st) since I started training, which is about 2 months ago and suddenly I'm down to under 16.25 st, just from doing an extra couple of laps a day round the running track, running/walking.

Well my plan was to up the length of my runs today but ended up hurting my back playing football yeserday so that will have to be put off for a few days atleast.

More like a few weeks.

By back hasn't been good for most of 2011 - and it can't be old age just yet (can it) ?

Really fed up with it at the moment, as if I do venture out, can't really go that fast and causes a lot of pain afterwards.

By back hasn't been good for most of 2011 - and it can't be old age just yet (can it) ?

I ve had some back issues, would recommend doing some back strengths and strengthening your core. Get one of those gym mats and do it whilst watching the TV three times a week. At first really really hard, but they get easier if you are persistent and will really help.

Â