economic situation is dire

ianrobo1

I suggest reading the previous 136 pages of this thread and you'll then have a very good idea of what happened, how we got here and where we are going. If you can't be arsed then the summary is still that we are all f**ked.

I think I can guess.

Labour reckless with spending, no one elses fault blah blah blah...!

Will out growth be lower than it is atm...?

I suggest reading the previous 136 pages of this thread and you'll then have a very good idea of what happened, how we got here and where we are going. If you can't be arsed then the summary is still that we are all f**ked.

I think I can guess.

Labour reckless with spending, no one elses fault blah blah blah...!

Oh well, I thought I'd at least give reasonable conversation a chance.

I'm an automotive design engineer, 12 months ago I changed from being s self employed contractor to a full time member of staff. The reason being that I would again find myself out of the door should another recession kick in. This move meant I was well down on my take home pay but obviously have more protection should the worst occurr.

in a bit of a sad way if it was a double dipper then It would prove it was the right thing to do so I would be happy about that but the obvious downside is that the country would be a step closer to the scrapyard.

I'm an automotive design engineer

who do you work for if you dont mind me asking?

Jaguar Landrover, are you in the industry?

yes mate, i work for an engineering company in brownhills we supply engine parts and hydraulic fittings to jcb, caterpillar etc. I do the design and run the machine shop for them.

I used to make loads of parts for jag and landrover while i was serving my apprentership over in tamworth that was.

Would love a job at jag, how long you been there?

yes mate, i work for an engineering company in brownhills we supply engine parts and hydraulic fittings to jcb, caterpillar etc. I do the design and run the machine shop for them.

I used to make loads of parts for jag and landrover while i was serving my apprentership over in tamworth that was.

What were you doing in Tamworth?

JLR are hiring (or trying) to hire people like crazy, they're really struggling to get people in as they're competing against the rest of the Automotive industry for engineers too. Do you have a degree? That is pretty much the key if you want a permanent position. If not you could join as a contractor, there's good money for these jobs at the minute and there are shit loads of vacancies. Feel free to drop me a pm if you want me to help.

I've been working for JLR for about 6 years, I did my time in the supplier base for a few years too.

What were you doing in Tamworth?

JLR are hiring (or trying) to hire people like crazy, they're really struggling to get people in as they're competing against the rest of the Automotive industry for engineers too. Do you have a degree? That is pretty much the key if you want a permanent position. If not you could join as a contractor, there's good money for these jobs at the minute and there are shit loads of vacancies. Feel free to drop me a pm if you want me to help.

I've been working for JLR for about 6 years, I did my time in the supplier base for a few years too.

I'll pm you tonight pal as were hijacking the thread here.

Is any one atm experiencing lower sales at work and lower productivity.

we've just had our record ever August (in over 20 years of operating) , turnover this year is likely to be up around £300,000 on the previous year

we had a tough 12 months but came through it without having to lay anyone off , we cut back on a few areas of spending and myself and my follow directors took salary cuts in order to assure that nobody lost their job ... not saying that is the solution everywhere but I do feel too many companies have no loyalty to staff and took the easy option or panicked

I could be completely ignorant but I felt that the last recession was not as bad as folk made out, I dont know any one that lost a job in what supposedly was the one of the worst recessions for a long time.

I think its a lot of hype and I cant dont think the ecconomy will be as bad as it was a few years back.

Although the cuts need to happen they are happening to fast and too quickly....!

Any one else got any recession stories good or bad...?

I could be completely ignorant but I felt that the last recession was not as bad as folk made out, I dont know any one that lost a job in what supposedly was the one of the worst recessions for a long time.

I lost my job for 6 months so there's one for you :lol:

myself and my follow directors took salary cuts in order to assure that nobody lost their job

Well done you. Not many taking that path. In fact the exact opposite seems to be the custom and practice. Respect for that stance.

Â