Ronald Araújo

Greenfly

Absolutely zero chance of this happening IMO, Unai saying we need to be smart with our signings and then bringing in a big-name centre back from Barcelona seem completely at odds with each other

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Smart doesn’t mean cheap. He might only want one transformational player like Ronald and then a bunch of freebies or kids like Barkley.  Smart is utilising the money at hand as effectively as possible.  I don’t think it’ll happen but it wouldn’t surprise me either.

Agreed smart is identifying cheaper options that can allow you to go big in other areas if needed. 

Right now what we need, IMO, is not super stars, but more McGinn, Rogers, Kamara types of players. That have room for growth in a system. 

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well we won’t get to their level if we don’t have his level of quality.  Plus Spurs and Chelsea’s buy these kind of players and so why shouldn’t we now.  Our finances are our stumbling block not our footballing level now.

Which is why I think we should be willing to take some short term " pain " ... I.E free transfers like Barkley ( as an example ) to strengthen the numbers/quality, whilst incrementally making 1 - 2 big signings then repeat.

The frees are better off being players who aren't useless, have some quality and we can still get some sort of decent return for in future windows, until our finances stabilise to the level we aspire to be at with sponsorships and CL etc. 

Eventually replacing some of the frees with even higher quality, and younger players as we go.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

There was supposed to be a big fire sale of Barcelona's players last summer before a date in June accordingly to the rumour mill. Don't think it actually happened though.

They just sold more of their future instead of players ta that point. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Well we won’t get to their level if we don’t have his level of quality.  Plus Spurs and Chelsea’s buy these kind of players and so why shouldn’t we now.  Our finances are our stumbling block not our footballing level now.

We simply can't afford someone like him right now.

That's how it's easy to know it's bullshit. Unless we are selling Rasmey and Luiz maybe.

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We simply can't afford someone like him right now.

That's how it's easy to know it's bullshit. Unless we are selling Rasmey and Luiz maybe.

We don’t know what the deal would be so we don’t know.  Loan with mandatory buy option or may include a player or two swop.  We just don’t know.  It seems unlikely but I’m not calling BS because we know the ambition of the owners, Emery and Monchi but we also know PSR issues. Selling Duran to Chelsea might increase the coffers to afford Ronald.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We don’t know what the deal would be so we don’t know.  Loan with mandatory buy option or may include a player or two swop.  We just don’t know.  It seems unlikely but I’m not calling BS because we know the ambition of the owners, Emery and Monchi but we also know PSR issues. Selling Duran to Chelsea might increase the coffers to afford Ronald.

Not going to get too excited by tabloid garbage till I hear a “Here we Go” lol 

But this sort of signing is a Man City/Gvardiol sort of deal. Again not expecting it but if we could make it happen we’d be on the right track to compete and attract the very best of players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CroVillan said:

Not going to get too excited by tabloid garbage till I hear a “Here we Go” lol 

But this sort of signing is a Man City/Gvardiol sort of deal. Again not expecting it but if we could make it happen we’d be on the right track to compete and attract the very best of players. 

So if it did happen, are you saying you'd feel Arauj-ed?

8 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

It would be very exciting and a huge statement of where we are now… but it doesn’t really feel like a Monchi signing. We’ve invested hugely in scouting and development, and got him in to spearhead it all and we go for a £100m CB from Barca… sounds unlikely I think 

Really?

We aren't paying the Barca asking price, but if there are reasons why we can buy a high calibre of player for a reduced fee, because of a specific set of circumstances. This feels exactly how Monchi and Unai have operated for years. It hasn't always been low price signings - just very good value.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Really?

We aren't paying the Barca asking price, but if there are reasons why we can buy a high calibre of player for a reduced fee, because of a specific set of circumstances. This feels exactly how Monchi and Unai have operated for years. It hasn't always been low price signings - just very good value.

I’ve got no more information than anyone else, I just think it feels too high price tag to be Monchi’s style … I hope I’m wrong though! 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

🚨 Aston Villa sources confirm to me that the English club has no interest in acquiring the services of Ronald Araujo. The Uruguayan central defender of Barça is not part of Unai Emery's plans. @relevo

Into Other Football it goes.

The original post from Diario Sport 2million followers or this Cristina from  Relevo which has 250k followers, are either source credible at all?

The original post from Diario Sport 2million followers or this Cristina from  Relevo which has 250k followers, are either source credible at all?

No. Logic dictates this is not a player we could ever go for in this window. Just the usual speculation

dont worry mate, there were numerous links posted on this forum last summer, from people who had 67 followers.........