Euro 2024: Group A (Germany, Hungary, Scotland, Switzerland)

limpid

14 June
Germany vs Scotland (Munich, 20:00)

15 June
Hungary vs Switzerland (Cologne, 14:00)

19 June
Germany vs Hungary (Stuttgart, 17:00)
Scotland vs Switzerland (Cologne, 20:00)

23 June
Switzerland vs Germany (Frankfurt, 20:00)
Scotland vs Hungary (Stuttgart, 20:00)

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting watch on Hungary. Partly about the team as it stands, partly about exactly what's gone on in Hungary that's lead to their team becoming resurgent (aka heavy political interference).

TV Games

Germany v Scotland ITV

Hungary v Switzerland ITV

Germany v Hungary BBC

Scotland v Switzerland BBC

Switzerland v Germany BBC

Scotland v Hungary BBC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I've gone for McGinn first GS tonight. Heart over the head, however, I honestly think Scotland might snatch a draw.

I'm going an utterly unconvincing 2-0 home win 

Interested in musiala and wirtz, feels like Bellingham has already stepped up on the world stage but these 2 could star here (Germany will need them to...)

After that the tournament in general I think Simons, sesko, the 2 Portuguese CBs, lamal, Zaire emery, yildiz and guler, there's a few interesting youngsters 

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm going an utterly unconvincing 2-0 home win 

Interested in musiala and wirtz, feels like Bellingham has already stepped up on the world stage but these 2 could star here (Germany will need them to...)

After that the tournament in general I think Simons, sesko, the 2 Portuguese CBs, lamal, Zaire emery, yildiz and guler, there's a few interesting youngsters 

I'm interested in the young English defender, Konsa. I've heard really good things about this lad.😉

Edited by sheepyvillian

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Souness speaking about Alan Hansen as if he’s passed away… 

By saying he's the best footballing cb ever.  Not sure, but he's in a big fight for his life. 

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

By saying he's the best footballing cb ever.  Not sure, but he's in a big fight for his life. 

It was just his choice of tense I found very odd, he was speaking as if Hansen had actually passed away and not in a battle with illness.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He was like the Scottish Bekenbauer in his prime. I remember meeting him, as a kid, when he was rehabilitating, at Lilleshall, from injury. Always admired him. Wasn't a bad pundit either. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

It was just his choice of tense I found very odd, he was speaking as if Hansen had actually passed away and not in a battle with illness.

It's not looking good, that's for certain. 

• Sad 1