Chico Hamilton

Strog

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Why was he called Chico?

I believe he got the nick name from an American jazz drummer 

2 minutes ago, Strog said:

I believe he got the nick name from an American jazz drummer 

Yeah, little too early to be named after the X Factor bloke.

R.I.P.

• Like 1

Oh no I was fearing this when I saw his name.  A really talented footballer who the doc signed at the same time as Bruce Rioch. Played a big role in us getting back from the then third division to the first. division.  RIP

• Like 3

Really sad news to hear of the passing of Chico.

One of my first heroes at the Villa  and played a key part in the rebuilding of the club from depths of the 3rd division. I recall him being very popular with many of our female supporters 😀

HEITS 

• Like 3

There’s no getting round the fact that many of our Villa legends are, along with some of us too, now knocking on a bit, one of the unavoidable facts of life I’m afraid. RIP Chico and thank you for your big contribution to our history, HEITS

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John said:

I only heard this sad news last night. Chico joins his former teammates Charlie and Chris, who we had already lost last season. Chico was with us when our great club began to roar again in the early 70s and was a big part in our rise from the old Division 3 to Division 1. He played for us twice in LCF's at Wembley, was in two promoted teams and played 31 games during our first season back in the top flight. Chico scored 48 goals in his 252 first team appearances and I can still hear the chants of "Chico, Chico" from the terraces. Thanks for the memories Chico. HEITS!

Aston Villa on X: "Aston Villa is deeply saddened to learn of the passing  of former player Ian 'Chico' Hamilton, who has died at the age of 73. The  thoughts of everyone Ian Chico Hamilton 1975 | Aston villa fc, Aston villa, Cup final  Ian Ross and Ian Chico Hamilton parade Mal Winkles - Football Nostalgia on X: "Ian 'Chico' Hamilton #AVFC 1970/1  https://t.co/AHh2pM19Sk" / X Ian "Chico" HAMILTON - League ... Ian Chico Hamilton 1969 | Aston villa, Chico hamilton, Aston

Some great memories there John. Thanks for sharing 👍

• Thanks 1

On 20/05/2024 at 12:42, Lochheads twin said:

Really sad news to hear of the passing of Chico.

One of my first heroes at the Villa  and played a key part in the rebuilding of the club from depths of the 3rd division. I recall him being very popular with many of our female supporters 😀

HEITS 

As the photograph taken outside his boutique demonstrates;)

Brumpic on X: "Villa's Chico Hamilton outside his fashion Boutique in the  70s #AVFC https://t.co/b0r1PZuyh6" / X

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ah, so sad to hear he has gone.

Absolutely adored this guy - he was so speedy and so skilful. Loved standing on the Holte End chanting "Chico-o, Chico-o".

He played a massive role in dragging us up from the doldrums of division 3 to the mid-70s where we were competitive in the top flight again.

RIP mate, a real hero for me.

• Like 3

Â