Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

The draws

League Phase Thursday 29 August 

Knockout round play offs Friday 31 January 2025

Round of 16 Quarter Finals & Semi Finals Friday 21 February

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

UEFA try and avoid it, but it is more likely, as we will have 4 English teams in the competition.

I have looked into this some more, and I’m now 100% certain that we will not be drawn against an other English club.

Most media outlets have reported that there is a small possibility that teams from the same association could be drawn against each other for association with 4 or more teams. What UEFA actually said was that associations with too many teams in one pot could be drawn against each other to avoid scheduling deadlock, and that only apply to associations with four or more teams.

Since England have two teams in pot 1, one team in pot 2 and one team in pot 4, it does not apply to us, we do not have too many teams in a pot.

Germany could potentially end up with 4 teams in pot 1, but even then UEFA believes that they can avoid drawing two German teams against each other.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The place has gone mad. 

Of course there’s always a chance, but if people are really looking forward to an easier route because they think we could actually win the champions league rather than looking forward to actually being in the competition then you’re getting ahead of yourselves.  

It might be another 40 years until we’re in the competition again. I hope it isn’t, but it might be. I want it to be memorable, I don’t want to draw the shit teams because we might get a bit further. 

If we manage to consistently be on the competition then it changes. But for now I’m savouring taking on the best teams in the world. I don’t really care about avoiding them because it would make our “route to the final” easier.

Lets win it!

• Like 1

Seeing the negativity in the MSM to our top 4 has been eye opening. I’ve seen: Emery could be sacked, Villa have to sell players, Watkins is an Arsenal fan, Villa players are overachievers, Barely any positive coverage.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Why can’t we win it? 

IMG_9761.jpeg

If this was Liverpool they would be asking for a trophy for this

We're the type of club the elites will hate visiting. Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool all dropped points at Villa Park.

Id half expect us to lose to a Lille, Marseille etc but go and beat PSG.

The playoff round is a definite possibility. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

😎 

Unless they chose the 'music' - in which case, sack them. 

ECL theme would have been the icing on the cake. 

1 hour ago, rodders129 said:

Seeing the negativity in the MSM to our top 4 has been eye opening. I’ve seen: Emery could be sacked, Villa have to sell players, Watkins is an Arsenal fan, Villa players are overachievers, Barely any positive coverage.

I don't think you've been looking very hard :D 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

UEFA try and avoid it, but it is more likely, as we will have 4 English teams in the competition.

According to what I've read/watched about the new format, I don't think this is allowed within the initial 8 league-phase games.

I'd really hope we can get past the league stage. Getting through the knockouts and into the round of 16 would be excellent and anything more than that dreamland.

Add to that a run in one of the cups and keeping 4th place please.

No pressure.

• Like 1

Â