FAB meeting - 22nd May 2024

A minor gripe, but a gripe nonetheless. They seem to have now cordoned off the steps to the north stand upper, which is fine before kick off but I think after the game it would be good to remove the barricades so that people can walk down the steps and out through the gates instead of everyone having to que up down the slope….

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

we've had this this season. villa say you should go to ticket office in person and reassign to the family member if you cannot get through by phone.

the lack of ability to reassign to another member online is astounding...i thought something was in the works with this ages ago?

That will be interesting when the ticket office is closed for the expanded shop. Surely they're planning to improve/expand the ticketing experience and capabilities online. Especially as wherever they decide to move the physical office to (assuming they even keep it) won't have the capacity of the old one. 

It always amazes me how poor and complicated the fan I'd, ticket transfer and even ticket purchase and assignment process is. My kids Fan ID is linked to mine but it's never a straight forward task to get him a ticket. 

I'm sure the system we use is massively out dated and does not seem fit for purpose. Probably some ancient back end that they've retrofitted a website on top of.  If we could ask a question how they plan to improve the ticket purchasing experience that would be good, linked in to the family reassignment issues above.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Blocked urinal in the Lower Holte last night too.

Was blocked from before kick off.  People still pissing into it with horror splash backs. 

How can this shit happen BEFORE kick off. Was probably blocked last game as we I'd imagine. 

I guess what they did when they first revamped a few areas was good, but clearly they haven't put in place any process to maintain the facilities at their peak levels. It's really not that difficult to have under control. It certainly shouldn't be something that goes unfixed for multiple games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

I guess what they did when they first revamped a few areas was good, but clearly they haven't put in place any process to maintain the facilities at their peak levels. It's really not that difficult to have under control. It certainly shouldn't be something that goes unfixed for multiple games.

I've made this point before. There doesn't seem to be anyone with oversight of the state of the stadium. No accountability. No one doing walkabout and looking carefully at the place. 

I'd like to know what procedures are in place to look at this stuff. 

4 hours ago, Enda said:

What’s the name and Instagram of the attractive young woman (physio?) who sits on the bench the last few games, please.

Here's you lot faffing about with seating arrangements, transport links and hospitality.....

@Enda out here looking for the real answers.

Be ashamed lads. Statue for @Enda please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Here's you lot faffing about with seating arrangements, transport links and hospitality.....

@Enda out here looking for the real answers.

Be ashamed lads. Statue for @Enda please.

Thank you. I am a serious man with serious enquiries.

• Haha 1

Does the club plan to examine how it can more effectively communicate with the fanbase on a week-in-week-out basis? We are too often left to speculate about the normal things that fans care about and have a vested interest in. It's currently a rather opaque and piecemeal communication style that can make fans feel disregarded and detached from the club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The big thing people are gonna speculate about this summer is the finances and if there is any risk we won't be allowed in the CL by UEFA. If they could convincingly clear that up it would be nice.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Do you mean nutritionist Elisa Cenal?

image.jpeg.7fda9454b52980911b46d91c93ae2b46.jpeg

Does that mean that we've lost that one who's boyfriend was an NFL player?

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Does the club plan to examine how it can more effectively communicate with the fanbase on a week-in-week-out basis? We are too often left to speculate about the normal things that fans care about and have a vested interest in. It's currently a rather opaque and piecemeal communication style that can make fans feel disregarded and detached from the club.

The club's stadium is the embodiment of the club. Our home. We very publicly were intend on expanding it and then, abruptly and like a giddy Goat, the new head man said 'we're not doing that' with no proper explanation.The Gabby interview did not really clear things up. We have the Euros coming up in 2028, we have a time limit on the planning permission. We have sky high demand. 

I know I will get 3 or 4 replies saying We are not entitled to know the details etc. But we sure as hell are entitled to better than that. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, andycv said:

Would you be able to ask:

- If the Warehouse will be open by the start of 24/25 - and if not when the completion is expected

- Will the club share details of the work over the next two years that was referenced in the recent interview with Gabi?

-What is the longer term ambition for Aston (re the Mater Plan that is being developed with BCC and the West Midlands Combined Authority) - when will details be made public?

- Is the North Stand redevelopment going to happen or not?  If not, what is the plan for extending capacity at Villa Park, sorting the beyond design life North Stand and improving the Doug Ellis?

- What is our current position on PSR losses?  How close to the £105m over 3 years are we? (Hard to work out from accounts - so a view from the club would be helpful)?

Sorry - one more thing....

Can you ask about the Atairos investment?  Clearly they have a presence on the Club's board - so it would be very helpful to have more information on the expertise they're bringing - and the sort of capital and infrastructure developments they have been brought on board to deliver.  Is it linked to financing and delivering the Aston Master Plan that is referenced in the future vision of Villa Park page on the website?

• Like 1

Can you ask about the displaced fans, and their eleigibility for away tickets. It would be grossly unfair for them not to be eligible to buy away tickets for the year due to not having a ST for that year, the post on the website only says that they will be given priority before tickets go on general sale. Even though we might not have a guaranteed seat for the season we should retain our current eligibility for away tickets imo

8 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Can you ask about the displaced fans, and their eleigibility for away tickets. It would be grossly unfair for them not to be eligible to buy away tickets for the year due to not having a ST for that year, the post on the website only says that they will be given priority before tickets go on general sale. Even though we might not have a guaranteed seat for the season we should retain our current eligibility for away tickets imo

I think you're misunderstanding this, they're not losing their season tickets. They're just going to have to move, and they're going to be contacted and given an opportunity to renew in a different location before STs are available to anyone else.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think you're misunderstanding this, they're not losing their season tickets. They're just going to have to move, and they're going to be contacted and given an opportunity to renew in a different location before STs are available to anyone else.

had a read of it again and think your right, that makes more sense....

5 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

had a read of it again and think your right, that makes more sense....

Yep - that's the case - I'm guessing it might have an impact on those on the waiting list though.

22 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've made this point before. There doesn't seem to be anyone with oversight of the state of the stadium. No accountability. No one doing walkabout and looking carefully at the place. 

I'd like to know what procedures are in place to look at this stuff. 

A silly example maybe, but there has been a piece of insulation material sticking out above the McGregor’s entrance under the Trinity Road overhang for years.  You can see it clearly through the window.  Man, I could do a job with a clipboard walking round the old place!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Taps in the Doug Ellis have been broken for 3 years. There is absolutely nobody going round the stadium checking things are working.

I work in a moderate sized office and even we have a facilities manager. It's shameful.

• Like 4