• Diaby
    • Watkins
    • Cash (Rogers 26)
    • Durán (Diaby 73)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I do agree but how would it be better if we played inferior players? Part of this is pressure related not just fatigue.

We'll have to disagree then because I think the players are mentally and physically exhausted. That's just not being recognised. 

We’re literally limping over the line at this point, the players are absolutely shattered. Hopefully Spurs don’t find a bit of form because I don’t think we’re picking up another point. 

Just now, sidcow said:

We'll have to disagree then because I think the players are mentally and physically exhausted. That's just not being recognised. 

I do agree with you. They are mentally and physically exhausted. I just don’t think we have suitable alternatives to improve matters. In my view any changes would just make us worse. 
The one thing I would like to see is a tweak in formation. Go 4-3-3 with Doug, McGinn and Tim as a three man midfield. We are getting battered in the centre of the pitch every week.

• Like 2

Where's the consistency in giving penalties?

spacer.png

Don't care how early in the game it is, Rogers wins the ball and gets a hip check follow through.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't know. Easy with hindsight. Our injuries have been so ridiculous. 

I know all teams get and have had injuries, but the number of long term whole season injuries to key players has been just unbelievable. 

Yeah we have been super unlucky with injuries, nobody could have seen how many players we would lose. 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Players knackered?

You wait till European football and CL next season. It'll be a f****ing joke. Half the season it'll be over.

No more football than this season. Higher level, yes, but the rest periods are the same.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

At one point our XG was 0.06%. The lowest since emery took over. 

Diabolical performance from minute 1 to 90. It would have been daylight robbery if we'd have even scraped a point.

Truth is on current form and depleted squad we'll lose easily to Liverpool and Palace.

Edited by NorthEastVillan

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm sorry you're annoyed by me pointing out that 'Ok let's just give up and concede the season then' is a childish reaction, but it is. It's also not a paraphrase of anything anyone has said. Grow up. 

Essentially it is what you said though. I am guessing by revise my expectations you mean I should be happy finishing 5th and going out of the semis of the Conference, which is practically giving up given we are in pole position to get 4th even after today.

I won't be told to grow up so if you say that to me one more time you're going on ignore. Or actually why don't you put me on ignore and save me the hassle.

Anyone want cheering up put Liverpool spurs on. Liverpool are running riot spurs looked shot. 2.0 is flattering spurs here. Could be 4/5 this could. 

I think the injury argument is slightly overblown. The only injury that’s really hurt us is Bouba. Mings has been replaced by Langlet and Emi by Zaniolo. I suppose the Ramsey injury too has hurt us but our injury situation hasn’t been awful. Clubs like Chelsea and Newcastle have suffered much more than us. I suspect ours is about average.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Players knackered?

You wait till European football and CL next season. It'll be a f****ing joke. Half the season it'll be over.

I think it's realistic to expect similar things to happen as did Newcastle this season.  But we will cross that bridge when we get to it, maybe we will be luckier but it will be a great experience and achievement.  I'm sure there will be more first team quality additions to the squad, plus players we have been unable to use this season at all.  Who knows?  All I do know is we are up against teams a lot fresher than us at the mo and it only takes being 5% off it for it to really show at this level, and I'd say we are more than 10% off it right now.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 2

We simply had to win. But we were lazy and got what we deserved. We played like a side who had already got top four and who were already on the beacg.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think the injury argument is slightly overblown. The only injury that’s really hurt us is Bouba. Mings has been replaced by Langlet and Emi by Zaniolo. I suppose the Ramsey injury too has hurt us but our injury situation hasn’t been awful. Clubs like Chelsea and Newcastle have suffered much more than us. I suspect ours is about average.

Kamara most of season.

Ramsey most of season. 

Moreno a large amount. 

Torres a large spell.

Same for Digne. 

Konsa also?

On top of Buendia and Mings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Kamara most of season.

Ramsey most of season. 

Moreno a large amount. 

Torres a large spell.

Same for Digne. 

Konsa also?

On top of Buendia and Mings.

Couldn't really pick a worse time for Emi either, just when his godlike confidence is needed.  Then Tielemans and Rogers as well ffs.

11 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

We simply had to win. But we were lazy and got what we deserved. We played like a side who had already got top four and who were already on the beacg.

How anyone can watch us and say it's laziness beggars belief.

• Like 2

Â