2 hours ago, est1874 said:

Villa lenses off, it is **** insane that a proven cheat who had a ban for being corrupt is allowed to referee the semifinal of a UEFA competition. 

Even a Mickey Mouse one like the Conf League.

It says everything about the footballing authorities that they do not care and have no shame, both in equal measure.

Does anything surprise you anymore?

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The referee has been previously banned for match-fixing and we are playing a team known for bending the rules.

Is this for real or some kind of joke?

I suppose in a world of cheats like Man. City and before them Real Madrid I should not be surprised.

Even if Villa race into a two goal lead we can expect the referee to red card one of our players and give them cheap fouls and a penalty.

saves them getting injured....if one don't get you, the other one will.😄

• Like 1

Here's my lineup, assuming fitness...

Martinez

Cash         Konsa          Pau          Moreno/Digne

Tielemans       Luiz

Bailey (Diaby)                                   McGinn (Zaniolo)

Rogers (Duran)

Watkins

I feel like we’ll win, but probably by 1 goal, I just don’t think we’ll be able to get 3 clear goals. I suppose it could be extra time and penalties again, but our players are already exhausted so not sure that’s great

Below is an interesting table with all the games of Olympiacos against PL teams in home ground ;)

Club Matches W D L Goals +/- Points PPG Win ratio Average attendance
Arsenal FC Arsenal
6 3 0 3 7:9 -2 9 1.50 50.0 % 25.662
Liverpool FC Liverpool
2 1 1 0 3:2 1 4 2.00 50.0 % 36.428
Tottenham Hotspur Tottenham
2 1 1 0 3:2 1 4 2.00 50.0 % 29.641
West Ham United West Ham
2 1 1 0 4:3 1 4 2.00 50.0 % 31.725
Manchester United Man Utd
3 1 0 2 4:5 -1 3 1.00 33.3 % 14.672
Burnley FC Burnley
1 1 0 0 3:1 2 3 3.00 100.0 % 26.010
Manchester City Man City
1 0 0 1 0:1 -1 0 0.00 0.0 % 0
Wolverhampton Wanderers Wolves
1 0 1 0 1:1 0 1 1.00 0.0 % 0
Chelsea FC Chelsea
1 0 1 0 0:0 0 1 1.00 0.0 % 29.500
Newcastle United Newcastle
1 0 0 1 1:3 -2 0 0.00 0.0 % 33.500

what a shambles of a decision on the ref selection - but am i right any striaght red or suspension will then get carried over to next year regardless of whether it is Europa or UCL?

4 hours ago, Makourk said:

Hey there, fellow Villa friends! I just had to drop by and express how thrilled I am to be part of your incredible family. Let's set aside all those referee stories for a moment (seriously, can anyone point out a single objective decision in our favor?) and focus on the fact that you guys were simply unlucky. Olympiacos played quite cleverly, blocking your impressive build-up and applying high-pressure tactics. They managed to escape from your offside trap twice, which was a bummer. But hey, let me tell you, you are an absolute powerhouse of a team, and no one can deny that. I'm really looking forward to the second showdown in Piraeus, where things are bound to get even more exciting! On another note, I want to take a moment to show my gratitude to our domestic rival fans. Can you believe how much time and effort they invest in undermining our team's victory? It's both amusing and flattering to witness their jealousy and envy towards our success. They're so busy trying to undermine and poison the Villa site forum with their negativity. But you know what? They're actually doing us a favor. By distracting your attention to referee decisions, they're diverting you from focusing on the real game and your own mistakes. We celebrated this victory wholeheartedly, not because we think we've already secured a spot in the final (yes we increased our chances), but because we played a nice game and defeated a top-notch PL team. This is a remarkable achievement for a Greek Superleague team and we absolutely deserve to revel in it! As a Greek saying goes, "the valor of the vanquished gives glory to the victor." So, my dear friends there is no need to feel embarrassed but flattered. As a last note, most of Olympiacos' supporters, wholeheartedly celebrated AEK's epic game and victory against Brighton. I'm currently in China, and I'm so excited that I'll be waking up at 3 am just to watch our epic battle unfold. Wishing your team all the best in the PL and UCL, and as for my team, may we conquer the Europa Conference League! ;) Best of luck to both of us!

I think Villa fans are rightly aggrieved by the referee in the first leg, some really strange decisions went against us.

The early goal was a soft one to disallow and also a blatant penalty should have been awarded for the foul on Bailey.

In this world of football, unfortunately corruption is more common than ever and we know Olympiacos are not completely clean in all of this.

Throw in the fact Villa are suffering major injuries with having five or six FIRST TEAMERS out of the current eleven so we feel it. If Villa were at least with a couple of players back in the first leg we would have won comfortably...

Now we hear the referee has previous experience as a match-fixer and again the cards are stacked in your favour.

Fair play to the people optimistic about Villa turning this round. Personally think Olympiacos will score early like Lille did and kill this tie off. Hope we can at least make the stadium nervous and make them earn it but I'm watching with low expectations. 

I think the one bit of light in this game, is that we are behind, and that might seem crazy, but...............

We are much better at attacking, than defending, so defending a lead, might not have been the best scenario, anyway.

We have nothing to lose, because not many think we can do it......so the pressure is on the Greeks, to defend their lead.....and how they do that, is debatable.

Momentum is a strange phenomenon in football, and should we gain some, anything can happen.

Midfield is our big question mark, but if we can secure a modicum on control we have a chance.

I have seen teams over the years, enter a match with all but lost, and the momentum of all out attack, has paid dividends....we need big conkers.

I think attack, is our only chance.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think Villa fans are rightly aggrieved by the referee in the first leg, some really strange decisions went against us.

The early goal was a soft one to disallow and also a blatant penalty should have been awarded for the foul on Bailey.

In this world of football, unfortunately corruption is more common than ever and we know Olympiacos are not completely clean in all of this.

Throw in the fact Villa are suffering major injuries with having five or six FIRST TEAMERS out of the current eleven so we feel it. If Villa were at least with a couple of players back in the first leg we would have won comfortably...

Now we hear the referee has previous experience as a match-fixer and again the cards are stacked in your favour.

It's like Jimmy Sa vile baby sitting your kids......The mind boggles.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RichW said:

Fair play to the people optimistic about Villa turning this round. Personally think Olympiacos will score early like Lille did and kill this tie off. Hope we can at least make the stadium nervous and make them earn it but I'm watching with low expectations. 

we beat Lille, so if Olymiacos score early and sit back thinking they've killed it then bring it on, we've plenty in the tank still to see these f**kers off and some of the finest goal scorers in the premier league to do it plus the world's number 1 goalie to frustrate the hell out of them and build up from the back in a way they just aren't used to, their domestic league is pony 

If the ref is dodge, why is it assumed that the next match is to be fixed against Villa? Olympiacos are ahead in the tie and playing at home, which has narrowed the odds. Corrupt officials work for money, not some grand mission, so if there's corruption it gets backed by gambling syndicates that try to dictate the outcome for financial gain, surely? The Olympiacos owner also owns Forest, so if he's paying officials to swing results it hasn't worked very well for them. Lots of talk about them wanting a greek side in the final - who are they, exactly? If we think there's a powers-that-be running the show, why wouldn't that be in our favour, anyway? More kudos for the UECL in a former Champions League/ UCL qualifying team winning this cup than the other outfit

11 hours ago, est1874 said:

Villa lenses off, it is **** insane that a proven cheat who had a ban for being corrupt is allowed to referee the semifinal of a UEFA competition. 

Even a Mickey Mouse one like the Conf League.

It says everything about the footballing authorities that they do not care and have no shame, both in equal measure.

Corruption has been rife in football for decades, especially at European level. It's only if someone tries to land a big score with a bookmaker anything is done about it. If fans knew what was going on behind the scenes with officials there would be outcry. 

I'm not at all hopefull of turning this tie aound, in fact I would be astounded if we don't lose again in all honesty due to the state of the team currently and with Olympiacos being fully rested. We have been diabolical in midfield recently and only the possibility of Tielemans playing can alter that in any big way in reality.

If we do manage to get a goal back in the first half then it is game on of course, having said all that.

What a stunning season it has been though especially in view of the bizarre number of injuries to key players.