Long range goals

KentVillan

Can't see many being better than Chris Nicholl, mainly because he was a big centre-half not an agile goal-machine ;)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Think his goal to win the Bundesliga in 2007 was just extraordinary and for how important it was one of the best goals ever. If some mug like Rooney scored it the Sky melts would still be banging on about it today

Wow, didn't realise/had forgotten he'd won the Bundesliga with Stuttgart!

Staunton v Sheff Weds in 97/98 is one of my favourites.

Picked it up near the halfway line, ran forward 10 yards and then smacked it right in the top corner.

Grainy footage here:

Stan used to score one of those a season, scored a cracker to win the game at Coventry the season before.

Top player for us in his first spell.

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

McGinn's Volley

This is still one of the best goals I've ever seen.

If Ronaldo or messi had scored this it would be talked about as one of the best strikes of all time

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Staunton v Sheff Weds in 97/98 is one of my favourites.

Picked it up near the halfway line, ran forward 10 yards and then smacked it right in the top corner.

Grainy footage here:

Stan used to score one of those a season, scored a cracker to win the game at Coventry the season before.

Top player for us in his first spell.

Staunton v Man U in 92-3 is one of my favourite Villa goals, I think because  In saw it in a pub (was 10) - poked my head through the door of the James Brindley on Gas St basin just as he lined up the shot. 

Edited by one_ian_taylor
  • Like 2

Â