Pre-match thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

ender4

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

If he’s ill you don’t announce he’s playing then say he’s ill. If he’s ill he’s been ill all day surely, not just randomly got ill at last minute. Just a totally weird thing to do.

Maybe he has a stomach bug and thought he was ok but had a rough turn? I mean have you not been ill before?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I meant for 4th. Spurs will now have a much better GD than us after this.

We haven’t lost yet

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

What’s happened to Martinez? He’s in on the bbc. If he’s ill he’s bottled it as far as I’m concerned.

if Olsen is in we may as well throw the game.

Yeah WC winning GK bottling it in a league game. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mantis said:

Maybe he has a stomach bug and thought he was ok but had a rough turn? I mean have you not been ill before?

Nah mate, Emery doesn’t know what he’s doing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Feels like a panic for the sake of it. 

You don't think it's reasonable to worry about being thrashed away to Man City with our reserves? Ok then.

Well at least my expectations for the game has dropped completely. With Olsen in goal I think I might just be able to watch this game without being nervous.

1 minute ago, beasley14 said:

We've got to rest players, 7 games in a month is far too many!  Shame Emi is poorly as that weakens us even more.  It puts pressure on Saturday but that's the one we need to win, today was unlikely anyway.

GD is only a factor for Spurs really too.

If we get thumped and then don’t beat Brentford serious questions have to be asked.

You just don’t put that team out at Manchester City. If we get a hiding today it not only damages GD but also confidence. 

I genuinely don’t know know what Emery is playing at tbh.

• Haha 4

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

You don't think it's reasonable to worry about being thrashed away to Man City with our reserves? Ok then.

Haha "reserves"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Or during the warm up he's just in a worse condition than he thought he was on the bus and in the hotel beforehand 

Most likely he declared himself as OK and the coaches + medical staff watching him warm up said no your not 

• Like 1

Just now, Leeroy said:

If we get thumped and then don’t beat Brentford serious questions have to be asked.

You just don’t put that team out at Manchester City. If we get a hiding today it not only damages GD but also confidence. 

I genuinely don’t know know what Emery is playing at tbh.

We have a ton of players out due to injuries/illness/suspension and loads of games coming up. That's literally it.

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Can’t believe we’ve already lost this 7-0. 

Only 7 👹

I think we should be targetting Ortega with a few Duran sliding dangers. Get him off and get Scott Carson on, then pepper his goal with shots from our own half. Viable tactic imo. 

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

2nd string then? It's far from our 1st 11. That's what I meant.

Ok but most of that is due to enforced absences, not leaving players out through choice.