New Aston Villa Stadium Chat

VillaChris

I’m 90% convinced that Atarios are here to build Villa a brand new stadium and that’s why Heck has cancelled the North stand upgrade.  It’s literally the only option that makes sense of the current stadium mess we are in. 

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’m 90% convinced that Atarios are here to build Villa a brand new stadium and that’s why Heck has cancelled the North stand upgrade.  It’s literally the only option that makes sense of the current stadium mess we are in. 

I'm 91% convinced Atarios won't be helping us to build a new stadium. 😛

Edited by villa89
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Moving to a new Villa Park is the only option for me. 

Christ, if United want to knock down a 75k seater stadium, there must be ridiculous commercial value in doing so.

We have to move with the times. 

Bring me the Villa bowl!

Holte and Trinity are fine, actually Holte is one of the most iconic stands.

Why not just redevelop the two poor stands.

Imagine going to Villa Park for the last time in the knowledge that the following season we would be just any old generic club playing at any old generic stadium.

Edit: I am aware people don't like me making this point and I have gained a reputation for being a pain in the arse on it but I am a great believer in placing on value on what you have and I see our long history at Villa Park as unique and something we ought to think very, very carefully about discarding. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Spurs had history at WHL. Arsenal at Highbury. Everton at Goodison. Utd at Old Trafford. There’s talk of Newcastle moving from St. James. Plenty of talk over the years of Chelsea moving. 

History is great. Our history is great. But, we can’t let that hold us back. If the club can move and it’s the right move, we should explore it.

We can’t be left behind. I don’t think our owners will allow it. 

None if them had the history we have at Villa Park. Spurs technically, wrll WHL was unfit for purpose so they rebuilt it. For me Arsneal aren't really the same since they left Highbury.

I am all for redevelopment of what we have, I don't get the clamour for a new stadium at a new location. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

None if them had the history we have at Villa Park. Spurs technically, wrll WHL was unfit for purpose so they rebuilt it. For me Arsneal aren't really the same since they left Highbury.

I am all for redevelopment of what we have, I don't get the clamour for a new stadium at a new location. 

I think we would all back a redevelopment at VP but there is always an issue or excuse for why it doesn't properly happen...it makes you wonder whether the location is good enough for the club? If we move to an accessible area would we be capable of having a 70k stadium? Are we missing out on future fans? I suppose it comes down to belief in the club. If you believe the club is only capable of selling out the odd games, only having real success once in a bluemoon...the odd relegation here and there... stay as you are.

Why has no local journalist said we need a wembley of the midlands? A new massive VP or alternative. Then we wonder why BCC is bankrupt 🫤

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, SimplyTheBez said:

This may have already been discussed and is probably unpopular, but I'm thinking more and more recently that we should bite the bullet and buy a brown field close to the City Centre and build a new ground. Wouldn't have to worry about attendances while it was being built and the other issues of facilities, traffic and transport links are no longer an issue. Town already has fantastic infrastructure and facilities.

I love Villa Park, don't get me wrong, but getting in and out and watching every game is between 8-10 hours of my day. The area is a dog hole and I'm embarrassed for the experience we must give away fans. No wonder they all look down on us the way that they do. Arsenal and City did it. Everton are doing it. Loads of others have already done it too. I think we can be over sentimental about these things. Villa just don't feel linked to that area of Birmingham for me, they may have been back in the day, but it's plain to see how the area has changed around the ground and I doubt there are too many Villa fans living within walking distance.

Interested to hear what others think?

Away fans often state what a wonderful ground Villa Park is.

• Like 2

The issue is there are no brownfield sites near enough to the city centre available and most importantly with the necessary transport links. I’ve been a staunch supporter of moving but only for the right site and design and not just for the sake of it . North Birmingham could be an option but due to the costs associated with moving think it’s a non starter and should develop Villa park and the area holistically over the next 10-20 years 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

They do and it is. They also say Birmingham is a bleak, grim and horrible place, because walking through B6 is the part that they see. With mattresses and sofas in the front yards, weaving their way through the bins over flowing with rubbish; the ever present heady aroma of weed accompanying each breath! 😀

Ground is not my issue, looking for the simplest and best long term solution for our great club.

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The issue is there are no brownfield sites near enough to the city centre available and most importantly with the necessary transport links. I’ve been a staunch supporter of moving but only for the right site and design and not just for the sake of it . North Birmingham could be an option but due to the costs associated with moving think it’s a non starter and should develop Villa park and the area holistically over the next 10-20 years 

Maybe not brownfield, but with assistance and enthusiasm from the beloved BC council and Andy Street, I'm sure a site could be identified. For the good of the City as well as well as our club. Could be a big old site going at Curzon St when Labour get in and start looking at HS2 again...

19 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

That begs the question, “why?”  Away fans aren’t supposed to enjoy themselves!! Ok, I’m partly joking an overall good experience, ruined by the result for them would or should be the ultimate aim. A new stadium in town isn’t a terrible idea and has plenty of merits but would we be able to go, “up town mate?”

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

To be fair it is, it's unique in English football and obviously has the history and tradition, there is still a large number of fans who want the FA Cup semi finals back there 

But from what I've seen of videos and then my own experience in there the DE is looking rough, that's the villa park problem, how do you keep the history and the look of the place but have modern facilities, the north and the DE fail

43 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Somewhere like that for example. Not much going on there is there and a comfortable walk from all Birmingham stations and everything else the CC has to offer. If we could get some political interest it wouldn't take too much to make a site available I'm convinced.

Screenshot_20240317_120047_Maps.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SimplyTheBez said:

This may have already been discussed and is probably unpopular, but I'm thinking more and more recently that we should bite the bullet and buy a brown field close to the City Centre and build a new ground. Wouldn't have to worry about attendances while it was being built and the other issues of facilities, traffic and transport links are no longer an issue. Town already has fantastic infrastructure and facilities.

I love Villa Park, don't get me wrong, but getting in and out and watching every game is between 8-10 hours of my day. The area is a dog hole and I'm embarrassed for the experience we must give away fans. No wonder they all look down on us the way that they do. Arsenal and City did it. Everton are doing it. Loads of others have already done it too. I think we can be over sentimental about these things. Villa just don't feel linked to that area of Birmingham for me, they may have been back in the day, but it's plain to see how the area has changed around the ground and I doubt there are too many Villa fans living within walking distance.

Interested to hear what others think?

Dont think anybody has mentioned it to be fair

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, SimplyTheBez said:

Somewhere like that for example. Not much going on there is there and a comfortable walk from all Birmingham stations and everything else the CC has to offer. If we could get some political interest it wouldn't take too much to make a site available I'm convinced.

Screenshot_20240317_120047_Maps.jpg

That is a site whilst bored I’ve thought could have potential though not sure of its earmarked for redevelopment or big enough. 

Just now, thabucks said:

That is a site whilst bored I’ve thought could have potential though not sure of its earmarked for redevelopment or big enough. 

I was looking at how Arsenal did it and the site they used was similar and trickier if anything as theirs is within a triangle of railway lines.

• Like 1