Match Thread: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Just now, stewiek2 said:

It really should be as simple as checking if the goalscorer is off. If not then give the goal!? Mind they can't even get that right 🙄

Bar stewards keep changing the rules, failing to implement them properly or get calls right, and keep trying to introduce shitty new ones like effing blue cards…

last season they said “attackers will be given the benefit of the doubt”

before that, any contact on hand is handball, whether intentional or not

it’s all so confused and ridiculous 

stick with one set of rules and be consistent 

stop faffing about!

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Moreno.jpg

Added my own lines for ease. WTF is this?! Bailey has no influence on the play as the defender isn't marking Alex.

Apart from the fact that he’s occupying that defender .?

Just now, tomav84 said:

If we lose or draw, before anyone melts down, please, please remember we should be 2 up now

Youri and Dougie most guilty of being wasteful. Leon could have scored twice to be fair. There's plenty of goals in this yet.

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Apart from the fact that he’s occupying that defender .?

Would agree but that common sense isn't used by PGMOL

Of course a guy stood offside 5 yards from the centre of the goal is interfering with play 

Tielemans is a waste of time, that chance at the end, he was blowing and couldn't keep up/catch up with a jogging ollie, supposed to be a professional, thank god he was on a free transfer, I'd put zaniolo or diaby on for him, as he just brings nothing to us.

We need the 2nd goal, we've again wasted chances, hope it doesn't bite us 2nd half 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

If we lose or draw, before anyone melts down, please, please remember we should be 2 up now

Yes. If we lose, it's the refs fault and there's a conspiracy against us.

Just now, Joshie2000 said:

Tielemans is a waste of time, that chance at the end, he was blowing and couldn't keep up/catch up with a jogging ollie, supposed to be a professional, thank god he was on a free transfer, I'd put zaniolo or diaby on for him, as he just brings nothing to us.

We need the 2nd goal, we've again wasted chances, hope it doesn't bite us 2nd half 

Youri's dynamic passing created a few chances on the break. I wouldn't say he's been a waste of time.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

In uefa and fifa events they have semi automated offsides for VAR. much better.

Yep it's utterly laughable that they don't.  I'm sure Urinal's corner wouldn't have been given for their first goal last week with automated offside.  This one looks a fair enough decision to me.

1 minute ago, Joshie2000 said:

Agree that he was gassed after that break, but saying he offers nothing is unfair. It is possible that someone can be slower than Ollie, in fact, I’d argue that most players don’t have that turn of pace 

3 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Actually, that's not the correct decision.  Referee instruction says that if a defender choosed to mark a player that is offside, that is bad choice and it does not constitute participation in the play, by the attacker in an offside position.  i think it was the wrong call, but it was so stinking close i can live with human error as a reality and move on.

I agree.