Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

On 15/05/2024 at 16:55, brummybloke said:

Seems odd as he's on 60k euros pw at the moment. I thought he rejected us saying he wanted to stay at Bilbao this season, wasn't sure if we would progress and still wanted to be near his family at his young age ? 

He's a year older, his pay would be on par with our top earners and he would be in champions league with plenty of Spanish speaking staff and players.

He is on 200k a week according to this https://www.capology.com/player/nico-williams-37449 and lots of other wage sites.

21 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

I’m a bit concerned about Hermoso’s defending. I’ve been reading as much as I can find about him and the positives absolutely line up with what Emery has prioritized; excellent passing, effective in building attacks from the back & getting forward. The negatives seem to all focus on consistency and concentration with the defensive aspects of his role. Given our issues with conceding goals I’m wondering how we intend to solidify that aspect if we prioritize defenders who tend more towards the hybrid/wingback skill set.

He is fit LCB competition with Pau as the progressive passer in the back three in possession. It's fundamental to how we play and while Lenglet did well he was a drop off from Pau. Hermoso is better defender than Pau bit not as good a passer but he's all round better than Lenglet.

He is also capable of playing LB, LCB of a back three and centrally in CB of a back 3. 

What about Denzil Dumfries as RB, now that we've qualified for the Champions League? He hasn't signed a new contract (expires 2025) and his other PL options seem to have dried up. If he's available for £25 million then we could sell Cash (sorry Matty) and recoup some of that.

DD would add physical reinforcement to our defensive set pieces which is a major source of opposition goals, as he's big, strong and has a hell of a leap on him. He's also quick and passes well. My only concern is whether he has the aerobic capability to cope with the pace of the PL for 90 minutes, as he's a solid unit.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Great value if the £15m-£25m fee is correct. Side note he's mainly been playing as a 8 rather than a 6 for Nice the last 2 seasons. 

i saw 13m the other day 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t seem to be many top and genuine or out-and-out DMs out there do there? Especially that we could attract or afford… seem to be snapped up by the biggest or richest clubs. Bit like CFs these days…

Any suggestions?

What we need is someone who can do what Kamara does (but maybe a bit more physical, robust)… we will see Luiz shine again then…

don’t see the need for more box to box players or typical centre mids, we have plenty of those imo. We need defensive players who make us tougher to beat.

Then we can play more players in their best positions and roles… Luiz, Tielemans, McGinn, even Rogers and Ramsey can all play as the more attacking kind of CM.

We don’t have a quality alternative to Kamara that excels in that area… 

Wieffer

• Like 1

Just now, paul514 said:

i saw 13m the other day 

That would be shockingly cheap if it happened. Deals to be had outside the PL as always. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He is fit LCB competition with Pau as the progressive passer in the back three in possession. It's fundamental to how we play and while Lenglet did well he was a drop off from Pau. Hermoso is better defender than Pau bit not as good a passer but he's all round better than Lenglet.

He is also capable of playing LB, LCB of a back three and centrally in CB of a back 3. 

Agree that style of player is fundamental but also curious where do you see improved defending coming from next year? Perhaps as simple as a more cohesive performance from defense as a unit? I don’t think we can concede like we did this year and succeed on the next level. I’d love to see us target someone known primarily for stout defending.

Edited by grantholtgolazo

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Wonder who’s available?

Basket case:

Had a nose at Balde, Torres and Kounde 

Not that impressed Barca also pay mad wages too.

It's so perverse we have our best finishing position and our biggest income for God knows how long to come, yet our manager is going to have little to spend unless he sells a first team player. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It's so perverse we have our best finishing position and our biggest income for God knows how long to come, yet our manager is going to have little to spend unless he sells a first team player. 

Almost like the rules are there to protect the teams we're trying to overtake...

Something tells me man utd won't need to sell to buy this summer 

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Almost like the rules are there to protect the teams we're trying to overtake...

Indeed they won't 

5 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Couldn't disagree with this more. Ramsey was exceptional last season and if he can get back to that form, coupled with Rogers as a rotation option, continually improving, we are absolutely fine in that position.

Whoever agrees with this simply lacks ambition

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I'd have Youri in the starting 11 all day long. 

2nd half of the season, he was easily one of our best players. 

But who does he replace in that starting line up ?

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They’ll need to sell to not have loads and loads of terrible players though!

• Like 1

I would include Buendia in the squad also......

So for me, a new LB, RB, DM and AM.

dont get hung up on the first team/sub part.

image.png.cd27475afb27d84ee0e7ec70f7f79d1e.png

• Like 2

Â