Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Digne will leave, Konsa and Mings are perfect for the high line. Pau is not quick and so it's who is the 4th player, Moreno or Cash and we're fine

Not for me. Konsa is not fine especially not as RB, nor is Moreno. Cash is not slow but has other problems. We need improvement in D.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Couldn't disagree with this more. Ramsey was exceptional last season and if he can get back to that form, coupled with Rogers as a rotation option, continually improving, we are absolutely fine in that position.

So your happy with ramsey to start against real madrid, majority of prem games and cup comp is one thing and you used the word ‘IF’ we dont have time for ifs we need players firing from the get go

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Gallagher is absolutely ideal signing, versatile CM can be CDM, AMC or play off RM/LM as one of the narrow 10s. 

Unless its against us his decisiveness in the final third has made me realise he is not a high level player in all honesty 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RicRic said:

So your happy with ramsey to start against real madrid, majority of prem games and cup comp is one thing and you used the word ‘IF’ we dont have time for ifs we need players firing from the get go

I'd be more than happy for Ramsey to start against Real Madrid. Absolutely. A fully fit Jacob Ramsey is one of the first names on the team-sheet.

You're suggesting we buy someone to replace him and Rodgers, because we need players "firing from the go". How did that work out with Bailey and Diaby?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Having the choice of Gallagher and McGinn would be handy...

So would playing them together at times. Double the workhorse.

14 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Unless its against us his decisiveness in the final third has made me realise he is not a high level player in all honesty 

Wait til the Don has coached him. His final third ball will be banging.

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Strongest XI

Martinez

New RB    Konsa     Pau    Hermoso

Kamara

Mcginn             Luiz  

Bailey                                 Nico Williams

Watkins

*Subs*
 Gauci   
 Mings 
 Nedeljkovic   
 Moreno   
 Rogers  
 Diaby 
 Tielemans  
 New DM/CM
 Duran

We expect players to be rotated more heavily and thats me feeling Buendia and Ramsey may be sold for FFP but doesn’t necessarily mean this will be the case… threw in Nico as one can only dream

I'd have Youri in the starting 11 all day long. 

2nd half of the season, he was easily one of our best players. 

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

A good Kamara alternative?

Inter have been elite in recent seasons at picking up players. Monchi is as good as Marotta so hope we are doing similar

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Inter have been elite in recent seasons at picking up players. Monchi is as good as Marotta so hope we are doing similar

Will be plenty of wheeling and dealing… CL puts us in such a great position and an even more attractive proposition… gonna be a busy window.

If we could get a strong number 10 we'd have great strength in depth in the forward positions. 

Watkins/Duran

New 10/Buendia 

Bailey/Diaby

Ramsay/Rogers

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

A good Kamara alternative?

Great value if the £15m-£25m fee is correct. Side note he's mainly been playing as a 8 rather than a 6 for Nice the last 2 seasons. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, sne said:

Great value if the £15m-£25m fee is correct. Side note he's mainly been playing as a 8 rather than a 6 for Nice the last 2 seasons. 

Don’t seem to be many top and genuine or out-and-out DMs out there do there? Especially that we could attract or afford… seem to be snapped up by the biggest or richest clubs. Bit like CFs these days…

Any suggestions?

What we need is someone who can do what Kamara does (but maybe a bit more physical, robust)… we will see Luiz shine again then…

don’t see the need for more box to box players or typical centre mids, we have plenty of those imo. We need defensive players who make us tougher to beat.

Then we can play more players in their best positions and roles… Luiz, Tielemans, McGinn, even Rogers and Ramsey can all play as the more attacking kind of CM.

We don’t have a quality alternative to Kamara that excels in that area… 

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t seem to be many top and genuine or out and out DMs out there do there? Any suggestions?

What we need is someone who can do what Kamara does (but maybe a bit more physical, robust)… we will see Luiz shine again then…

don’t see the need for more box to box players or typical centre mids, we have plenty of those imo. We need defensive players who make us tougher to beat.

Then we can play more players in their best positions and roles… Luiz, Tielemans, McGinn, even Rogers and Ramsey can all play as the more attacking kind of CM.

We don’t have a quality alternative to Kamara that excels in that area… 

Youssouf Fofana from Monaco perhaps. He's supposedly also available for a low-ish fee due to him only having 1 year left on his contract. He's played mainly DCM but a fair bit at CM. Kinda the opposite of Thuram in that he's gone from CM to mainly DCM in recent seasons.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, sne said:

Youssouf Fofana from Monaco perhaps. He's supposedly also available for a low-ish fee due to him only having 1 year left on his contract. He's played mainly DCM but a fair bit at CM. Kinda the opposite of Thuram in that he's gone from CM to mainly DCM in recent seasons.

Yeah he’s been mentioned here a few times now… I think it’s our most pressing need… after that, the full back positions need looking at.

Bouba won’t be back for a while… I hope he can stop being relatively injury prone too…

Hopefully we can stop having to shift players around or filling in, which is holding back or restricting their ability to affect games as much…

Plenty to analyse and learn from this season… Unai will have gained a lot of information…

We have to strengthen… tbh, we kind of struggled in the ECL and didn’t put many impressive performances in but I think it was a valuable experience… 

Done so well in the league and beat, even dominated, some of the big boys… but we need more players to stay fit and in form and avoid so many injuries and suspensions. A deeper squad will only help and some competition would be nice…

Got to stop conceding cheap goals too.

Edited by Jas10

When it comes to the likes of Y. Fofana and Baena you would hope we could get the deals sorted before the Euros as its a relatively tight turn around between the end of the tournament and our preseason tour.

Really wouldn’t want to buy Gallagher - not because he’s a bad player, but giving Chelsea a wad of cash to cover their shite finances and help them out is very unappealing. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

No to Gallagher and Barkley im hoping this is the last i hear of this nonsense, we are going into the champions league and these are the names im seeing 🫤

If Barkley is 8th Choice attacker and 2bd Choice B2B on a free that's fine. Gallagher is a very good player but he'd cost way too much. Be our record signing 

I’m a bit concerned about Hermoso’s defending. I’ve been reading as much as I can find about him and the positives absolutely line up with what Emery has prioritized; excellent passing, effective in building attacks from the back & getting forward. The negatives seem to all focus on consistency and concentration with the defensive aspects of his role. Given our issues with conceding goals I’m wondering how we intend to solidify that aspect if we prioritize defenders who tend more towards the hybrid/wingback skill set.

Â