Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Ah cool thanks, so it’s sort of like setting a maximum value for a player? That seems a bit odd, but fair enough. 

Its kind of like, you cant stop a player from leaving but the compensation to the club must be massive if they don't want to sell.
Release clauses are rarely triggered though as the buying club just moves on to another target if there's no indication the selling club wants to do sensible business.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Its kind of like, you cant stop a player from leaving but the compensation to the club must be massive if they don't want to sell.
Release clauses are rarely triggered though as the buying club just moves on to another target if there's no indication the selling club wants to do sensible business.

Iirc isn't it a byproduct of the Spanish legal system? Might be wrong tho'.

29 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's standard practice in La Liga, it's why the likes of Messi had a £1billion+ release clause, nobody will pay it.

don't tell the fella at Chelsea 

• Haha 3

Gazetta article talking about how Inter are after Amar Dedic as a replacement for their Right-Back Denzel Dumfries, who has been linked with Villa.

Mentions that his contract runs out in 2025, so they are keen to sell him as he will return a good value for them to reinvest before he leaves on a free next summer.

Says Inter value him at 30m euros (£25.8m) and that his entourage is aware of our interest.

We have been linked to him for the last two windows I believe?

3 minutes ago, Wes said:

Gazetta article talking about how Inter are after Amar Dedic as a replacement for their Right-Back Denzel Dumfries, who has been linked with Villa.

Mentions that his contract runs out in 2025, so they are keen to sell him as he will return a good value for them to reinvest before he leaves on a free next summer.

Says Inter value him at 30m euros (£25.8m) and that his entourage is aware of our interest.

We have been linked to him for the last two windows I believe?

how good is Dumfries?

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

how good is Dumfries?

Good question, in short I don't know...

However a quick Google suggests Manure are after him; surely any half decent player wouldn't sign for them if they aren't in Europe?

Just now, Pongo Waring said:

In:
Dumfries
Manuel Ugarte or Florentino Luís
Álex Baena

We would be cooking big time! 

Wow, yeah nice...possibly another keeper if Olsen goes...

Out:

Olsen, Dendoncker, Chambers, Digne, Lenglet, Hause

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

I think Manuel Ugarte would be an excellent signing this summer. We might be able to get him on Loan. Was linked to him last summer.  He only played 39 mins total in last 6 PSG matches, didn’t even get off the bench 4/6 of those matches so I don't think he's fancied at PSG

As I said in the thread days ago, Luis Enrique doesn't rate or wanted him, so I think we could even negotiate to buy him. I read somewhere that around €38m could be enough for PSG to sell.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Wow, yeah nice...possibly another keeper if Olsen goes...

Out:

Olsen, Dendoncker, Chambers, Digne, Lenglet, Hause

Give Gauci and Viljami Sinisalo a chance. Save money.

• Like 3

As someone who also supports Inter, Dumfries is nowhere near good enough for where we want to be. Would be a very disappointing signing. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Iirc isn't it a byproduct of the Spanish legal system? Might be wrong tho'.

I was talking release clauses in General to be fair, not just Spain. It could be, I don't know.

3 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

As someone who also supports Inter, Dumfries is nowhere near good enough for where we want to be. Would be a very disappointing signing. 

Watch a fair bit of Serie A on and off as I used to follow Juve and said to CroVillain previously that Dumfries is a liability. He's like a new version of Maicon for me...excellent b0mbing forward but his defensive side and positioning is poor IMO. Works for an Inter team who dominate the league but won't work for us as our RW will spend most of the game covering the space he left.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Watch a fair bit of Serie A on and off as I used to follow Juve and said to CroVillain previously that Dumfries is a liability. He's like a new version of Maicon for me...excellent b0mbing forward but his defensive side and positioning is poor IMO. Works for an Inter team who dominate the league but won't work for us as our RW will spend most of the game covering the space he left.

So do you think Frimpong brings with him the same issues? He raises same sort of concerns or think we attack a player more in the Wan Bissaka mould? 

21 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

what are your opinions of him then?, weaknesses, strengths etc?

5 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

So do you think Frimpong brings with him the same issues? He raises same sort of concerns or think we attack a player more in the Wan Bissaka mould? 

Frimpong has come on a huge amount since his move to Leverkusen and has more to his game (better crosser/finisher), is also more consistent but he has a buy out clause below £40m so I think he'll only leave Leverkusen if he goes to a regular CL team. Just my view and may be wrong but I think we'd be unlikely to spend £25-40m on either when we've spent £9m on the young Kostas

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Frimpong has come on a huge amount since his move to Leverkusen and has more to his game (better crosser/finisher), is also more consistent but he has a buy out clause below £40m so I think he'll only leave Leverkusen if he goes to a regular CL team. Just my view and may be wrong but I think we'd be unlikely to spend £25-40m on either when we've spent £9m on the young Kostas

Copy and fair points. I just believe Kostas is unproven and Cash a liability to have there. Hoping we’re able to double down on a new right back who that is, is above my pay grade lol

• Like 2

Agree on Cash, its more that we have a certain amount of cash this summer and I'm not sure we'll spend a large chunk of it on the RB spot. Can see us getting someone from Spain/France for under £15m if we get some money from departures (KKH / Cash / Chambers / Hause / Carlos etc.)

4 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Give Gauci and Viljami Sinisalo a chance. Save money.

100% this

Sinisalo - a 22 year old international who has just won every player of the year award for a mid-League 1 team. 
Gauci - a 23 year old international, who we've just signed

Add to those:

Zych (19 - who just done a season in the Polish league)
Marschall (21, who did a season with MK Dons)
Sam Proctor (17, England U18 regular)
James Wright (just 20, who has just signed a new contract),
Lander Emery (21)

Surely there is a keeper from those 7 who can the World #2, and another to be #3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â