Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

35 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

But again, my question is, please make the argument that Alvarez is better than Watkins because I see nothing that would indicate that.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for answers to questions

41 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for answers to questions

I'm really not trying to get into a "I'm smarter than you conflict," I'm genuinely interested why @paul514 would put Alvarez in the top ten strikers in the world and not Watkins who is measurably one of the best strikers in Europe this season, and, well, Alvarez isn't.  

• Like 2

Eze from Crystal Palace?

I've only seen him in the Championship and against us in the Premier League, however based on that I'd say he'd be a good, potentially great, addition to give us balance tactically.

He's an obvious threat and talent. Can only see that being enhanced under Unai and among our team.

25 years old. Got the technical ability  and physicality to compete and excel. Cant speak for his mentality or tactical nous or how teachable he may be.

Anyway dont mind me im sure we are in for other targets.

Edited by A'Villan

13 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Eze from Crystal Palace?

I've only seen him in the Championship and against us in the Premier League, however based on that I'd say he'd be a good, potentially great, addition to give us balance tactically.

He's an obvious threat and talent. Can only see that being enhanced under Unai and among our team.

25 years old. Got the technical ability  and physicality to compete and excel. Cant speak for his mentality or tactical nous or how teachable he may be.

Anyway dont mind me im sure we are in for other targets.

How?

He is a good player but Palace will demand silly money. There's no value in buying from other Premier League teams

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

How?

He is a good player but Palace will demand silly money. There's no value in buying from other Premier League teams

If we are talking about 50million pound transfers, then I'd say he's one established Premier League player I'd go for based on what ive said

However the dont mind me is because i understand the point you're making and theres probably better for a number of reasons out there

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

If we are talking about 50million pound transfers, then I'd say he's one established Premier League player I'd go for based on what ive said

However the dont mind me is because i understand the point you're making and theres probably better for a number of reasons out there

He's their best player, they would be asking for £80m...honestly, much better value in Europe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm really not trying to get into a "I'm smarter than you conflict," I'm genuinely interested why @paul514 would put Alvarez in the top ten strikers in the world and not Watkins who is measurably one of the best strikers in Europe this season, and, well, Alvarez isn't.  

Because he wants to sell Watkins and sign a poorer forward like David so needs show Ollie isnt all that

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

He just signed a new deal. They wouldn't sell for near 100 million

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Simple if he was playing first team he would be banging them in. There is a reason he is valued so highly 

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Eze from Crystal Palace?

Didn’t we have a nibble at him before he went to Palace and the feeling was he didn’t want to leave London. 
Also, I have a feeling he’s made of glass. 

When he’s on form though, he’s great. Not sure where he fits in our first team but he’s a great player. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, choffer said:

Didn’t we have a nibble at him before he went to Palace and the feeling was he didn’t want to leave London. 
Also, I have a feeling he’s made of glass. 

When he’s on form though, he’s great. Not sure where he fits in our first team but he’s a great player. 

I'm not sure if we were in for him, I've seen his name on the boards before.

Able to play left side or central as a forward, not something we have in huge abundance in terms of left sided forward, or a player who can create in the way he does it would add another dimension to our attack.

Thats if he were to fit in though.

Was just a thought definitely not one I'll be giving much energy beyond this as its unlikely. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

Simple if he was playing first team he would be banging them in. There is a reason he is valued so highly 

Alvarez has started 25 of 27 Premier League games this season. 8 goals and 8 assists. 2138 mins played.

Ollie, started 27 of 27 this season. 16 goals and 10 assists. 2388 mins played.

Per 90 min stats...

Alvarez;

0.34 goals per 90

0.34 assists per 90

Ollie;

0.6 goals per 90

0.38 assists per 90

There is a reason why most Villa fans value Ollie so highly. This isn't a slight against Alvarez as he's a great player too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Alvarez has started 25 of 27 Premier League games this season. 8 goals and 8 assists. 2138 mins played.

Ollie, started 27 of 27 this season. 16 goals and 10 assists. 2388 mins played.

Per 90 min stats...

Alvarez;

0.34 goals per 90

0.34 assists per 90

Ollie;

0.6 goals per 90

0.38 assists per 90

There is a reason why most Villa fans value Ollie so highly. This isn't a slight against Alvarez as he's a great player too.

He is playing as a support player ...... I have the ability to see stats too.

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

So, it’s a hypothetical season of statistics that you’ve imagined?

I’m just amazed - we have a Villa striker who is putting up some of the best numbers in Europe, in the toughest league in Europe. As Villa fans, this is incredible. We haven’t had someone with this kind of productivity since Gary Shaw. It’s baffling that you rate a striker higher, who, by your own admission, doesn’t play that much.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

So, it’s a hypothetical season of statistics that you’ve imagined?

I’m just amazed - we have a Villa striker who is putting up some of the best numbers in Europe, in the toughest league in Europe. As Villa fans, this is incredible. We haven’t had someone with this kind of productivity since Gary Shaw. It’s baffling that you rate a striker higher, who, by your own admission, doesn’t play that much.

He plays for the best team in the world, who have the best striker in the world, you know the one who absolutely smashed all the PL records. 

but whatever you can have your own opinion....... even if its wrong.😆

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

He plays for the best team in the world, who have the best striker in the world, you know the one who absolutely smashed all the PL records. 

but whatever you can have your own opinion....... even if its wrong.😆

Ok, so ignoring the last line of your post. You are saying that, because he is part of the best squad in the world, and not playing because the best striker in the world plays ahead of him, that makes him a better striker than Watkins.

Surely you see that your argument is non-sensical?
I'm just trying to (desperately) understand why you would say that.

(Unless you can't admit that, for at least this season, Watkins has far outperformed, and is therefore a better striker than Alvarez. That could all change next season.)

It's okay to admit that you're wrong!

9 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

He's their best player, they would be asking for £80m...honestly, much better value in Europe.

Eze is good but Olise is their best player IMO, would love him here, but it would be more than we could afford. 

I’d like to see a LW/IF come in, something a bit different to Ramsey or Buendia, who I’m assuming would be the AM options for the left, especially seeing as the RW/SS role is Diaby/Bailey at present.

Who that is open to debate. 

Â