Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i did this before, its probably wrong in some way, but helps visualise the salary savings we could achieve.

Just by offloading these, thats at least 840k per week.....per week!, or nearly 44m per year, unreal tbh.

image.png.6dc5145f7dd3c0f2d730d508a874f05b.png

obviously, we would need to then sign some players, but 3 players on 100k p/w, and another 2 on 50k p/w, is still only 400k p/w, so an overall saving of over 400k p/w.

Hause is probably on 4 times that. He signed a new contract in 2022

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's the accounts for 2023, which haven't been released publicly yet, but will be released in the next week or two (seemingly). I don't understand what you're arguing about really. I understand 2024's accounts won't be ready until next year, I didn't say otherwise. 

The PL had all clubs P&R status sorted by January 15th so they could give points deductions before end of season final table so don't get into situation of relegated clubs wanting to sue Everton for last season again. Only Forest and Everton were found in breach 

19 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i did this before, its probably wrong in some way, but helps visualise the salary savings we could achieve.

Just by offloading these, thats at least 840k per week.....per week!, or nearly 44m per year, unreal tbh.

obviously, we would need to then sign some players, but 3 players on 100k p/w, and another 2 on 50k p/w, is still only 400k p/w, so an overall saving of over 400k p/w.

I thought about whether Carlos could be up for sale but given he was signed for ?£26m on a 4-year-deal 2 years ago his book value would be £13m.. I don't see us making a big profit on him his summer

1 minute ago, PeterSw said:

I thought about whether Carlos could be up for sale but given he was signed for ?£26m on a 4-year-deal 2 years ago his book value would be £13m.. I don't see us making a big profit on him his summer

Dunne vibes. Stuck with him balance sheet write off

14 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

wasnt really thinking profit, just getting his wages off the books cus we arent really a club who can afford to pay our 3rd or 4th choice CB 100k p/w.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeterSw said:

I think we will see a lot more of Konsa at RB next season if/when Mings is back.

Konsa/Mings/Torres/Moreno would possibly be the first choice defence.

Nedeljković, Carlos, Hermoso (who I agree I think we will sign.. pretty much a left sided version of Konsa) and Sousa would be the 'back ups'

You're probably right about Konsa playing more at RB, but I don't think that necessarily means we'll get a tempting offer for Cash. 

On Sousa, I think he's been bought to 'flip', a la Azaz, and I don't expect him to ever play for the first team. 

59 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I think the point is if we sell any of these players we have to replace them. We ain't selling Ramsey to not replace, or replace with a £10m punt from the Championship. If we do this we will go backwards. Unless we put his money towards going big on another position (e.g. right back) but then that leaves us with less quality in the forward positions.

I just hate worrying about the finances of this football club all the time, it's tiring. Had the same under MON and the same thing happening again. We drastically need new revenue streams to boost our income because we can't keep competing if our revenue isn't going to go much above £200m each year. Maybe it's time some fans accepted that we might have to move out of Villa Park. 

We don't know exactly the extent of the financial hole we're in, but we may well have to sell one or two players without an expensive replacement, whether you find it 'tiring' or not. I agree that we 'need new revenue streams' but nothing on front is going to change last year's accounts, or this year's, or even really much of next year's (apart from playing in a higher European competition, if we manage that). You talk about a stadium move but that wouldn't be available, and would adversely impact finances, for a decade. 

(Also, no matter how much people on this forum love talking about a new stadium, the club have repeatedly ruled it out and are not doing any of the preparatory work that would be necessary. We aren't moving to a new stadium, you might as well get used to it)

49 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The PL had all clubs P&R status sorted by January 15th so they could give points deductions before end of season final table so don't get into situation of relegated clubs wanting to sue Everton for last season again. Only Forest and Everton were found in breach 

Yes, I'm aware of that. 

Cash is the most obvious player sale we could make (FFP) profit on besides McGinn, who would also be a sensible transfer given his age and remaining book value (~zero) but not for playing reasons. Digne, Carlos, Chambers, Donk would at best be sold for approximately their remaining book values but save us a lot on wages.

This is all to avoid selling Ramsey or Luiz, or even more unthinkable Watkins or Martinez, who are clearly our most valuable players both financially and to the team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PeterSw said:

I think Cash will go, the Serbian lad will be his likely replacement. That will probably be enough to tide us over (depending on sale price obviously). 

The big question is the Kamara/Luiz cover. Hopefully we find a gem on a free

Disagree entirely. An 18yo who is in his first season of mens football in Serbia is not our replacement for Cash and experienced ans proven PL player 

• Like 1

If we can get 60k crowds regularly (we could), but cannot justify the expansion to Villa Park, or the logistics do not allow for it (quite conceivable), we'll be looking at building a new stadium. And I'd be amazed if it wasn't already on some table as a fully costed option.

The alternative is we accept we cannot compete with other challengers for top 4, financially. A massive stadium near the NEC that can put on major events (NFL, gigs, international sport, expos etc) as well as accommodate our increasing fanbase solves many issues there, as much as it galls me to think of moving from Villa Park.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

When we look at net savings Vs this season Coutinho is already off our wage bill effectively so no net savings. Digne yes, Olsen yes, Hause (think he's in 25k btw) yes, Chambers yes. Cash would need to be replaced, Carlos would need to be replaced. Dendoncker is only had season of saving. Lenglet needs replacing. Zaniolo probably doesn't need replacing.

Carlos won't be sold as we need 5 CBs and 2 senior full backs and the 2 understudies to them. 

i think well see use of the loan and free transfer market to boost our squad without having to sell our star men....... 

EG: Selling Donk, Digne, Chambers, Hause, Coutinho, Sanson and returning of Lenglet, Zaniolo should free up some funds - if not massive

Players available like Hermoso, Adarabiyo, Nacho, Felipe anderson, Luka Jovic etc....... all available on free's and could all boost the squad without a transfer fee outlay, albeit with a decent wage packet.......... 

Mings and Buendia are coming back, hopefully will return to some form, but worst case would be two very good squad players to have around....... maybe well stick with Archer this summer if he comes back also........ 

Supplement that with maybe one major player if we make Champions League then I think well be good.....

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

We don't know exactly the extent of the financial hole we're in, but we may well have to sell one or two players without an expensive replacement, whether you find it 'tiring' or not. I agree that we 'need new revenue streams' but nothing on front is going to change last year's accounts, or this year's, or even really much of next year's (apart from playing in a higher European competition, if we manage that). You talk about a stadium move but that wouldn't be available, and would adversely impact finances, for a decade. 

(Also, no matter how much people on this forum love talking about a new stadium, the club have repeatedly ruled it out and are not doing any of the preparatory work that would be necessary. We aren't moving to a new stadium, you might as well get used to it)

No we don't. But as I've said, if you sell very good players and replace them with inferior ones, it doesn't take a genius to work out what will happen. We soon find ourselves struggling to keep up. If we are clever and buy excellent young players like Brighton do, we'll be ok, but even then you cannot really go any higher than a certain position because you're not buying proven players but players with high potential and they're inconsistent for the first 2-3 years. And we aren't selling 'one or two' key players (assuming you meant key players), one maybe but we wouldn't sell two in the same window, wouldn't happen. The squad players as someone posted a page or two back are on £840K per week and contributing very little to us, our focus will be on moving these players out and replacing them with high potential youngsters. I don't see us selling any first 11 players if we can help it. 

And no I won't get used to it. Don't mean to contradict you but the stadium expansion has been 'paused' and we as fans have a commitment to not let this go. We would be very foolish to rule out moving to a new stadium - Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Man City have all done it to their benefit and the likes of Newcastle, Liverpool and Man Utd already have 50K+ stadiums. If we want to compete having a much bigger stadium sell out every week which can also be used regularly for concerts, exhibitions, other sports and stadium walks to the top will clearly make a big difference to our income. We could still play at Villa Park while it is being built and stadium expansion is not included in the P&L so from an FFP perspective it wouldn't hit us. Again no idea if it would affect us spending in the interim but while Spurs were building their new stadium they were still investing each year as far as I remember. And we can't spend at the moment it seems because of these rules so we may as well come up with solutions as to how we can in future. 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Agreed, so why are we talking about what players we should sell, rather than players we can hopefully look to buy in the next window? If FFP is going to hit us like a house brick on the head before the next transfer window, then that is something that I will consider as and when, we know that for sure. In the interim, I will be thinking of what we could do with some sort of reasonable transfer budget in the next window. 

Anyone would think that we have HDE back counting the pennies again, or Randy after he had pulled the purse strings tighter than a duck's a**e, or even mega-rich Dr Xia, who ultimately couldn't even pay the club's milk bill!  No, we have billionaire owners who want to continue to back the club, UE and a team that are on the verge of something really big.

This topic has become all too depressing of late, following speculation that we are tomorrow's Everton, at a time when we should be stocking up champagne for the end of the season and for what follows that. 13 cup finals and possibly another one in Athens, to look forward to for me, along with players that we might bring in, rather than flog during the summer window.    

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

And no I won't get used to it. Don't mean to contradict you but the stadium expansion has been 'paused' and we as fans have a commitment to not let this go. We would be very foolish to rule out moving to a new stadium 

*The club* have ruled out moving to a new stadium, repeatedly. I understand why you're annoyed about it, but they have and so it isn't going to happen. 

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

We could still play at Villa Park while it is being built and stadium expansion is not included in the P&L so from an FFP perspective it wouldn't hit us. Again no idea if it would affect us spending in the interim but while Spurs were building their new stadium they were still investing each year as far as I remember. 

Spurs went more than one transfer window without signing anyone at all. 'It wouldn't affect FFP' does not mean it would not affect the club's actual balance sheet, it very much would. 

Â