wishywashy

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

lol what??

Plymouth announce our signing before we do!?!?

@wishywashy no longer speculation......our media team Plymouth Argyle have confirmed the signing for us...lol.

The button to add tags and the ability to remove them has now vanished for me

0bd9720ccf93b8d5140d224bab39cdad.gif

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/february/01/sousa-joins-villa-academy/

Aston Villa is pleased to announce the signing of Lino Sousa from Arsenal.

The left-sided defender, who is an England Under-19 international, joins for an undisclosed fee and will immediately link up with Plymouth Argyle on loan for the remainder of the season.

Sousa, 19, has been a regular for the Gunners’ Under-21 side since joining from the West Bromwich Albion academy.

He has also been involved with the first team set-up, being recently named on the substitutes’ bench for the FA Cup third round tie with Liverpool.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

The button to add tags and the ability to remove them has now vanished for me

0bd9720ccf93b8d5140d224bab39cdad.gif

lol

rather than edit, just check the plus button right next to the current tags?, you should be able to add/remove from there?

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

you could say its comical that Fab has pictures of a new signing, and Plymouth announce they have one of our new signings on loan, before we even knew we had signed him.

but on the flip side, its not impressive tbh, the least they could do is just announce it on the Villa twitter page....

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

lol

rather than edit, just check the plus button right next to the current tags?, you should be able to add/remove from there?

image.thumb.png.b42f1d3f2f1ac0baa4096ebc5ec9846f.png

Also gone, it was definitely there earlier! Think I'll have to leave it up to the mods.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Shocked 1

Nice signing. I wonder if he was at West Brom when Rogers was there? Looks like a similar sort of time frame for when they left. That's quite a few the feeder club from West Brom have come our way!

24 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Interesting that it states he’s joined the academy. Does this mean his fee isn’t included in FFP?

I like that. I say sign Gavi, get him on loan at Burton Albion for a year and we are laughing. 

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

Interesting that it states he’s joined the academy. Does this mean his fee isn’t included in FFP?

Yes, anyone who comes purely for the academy is definitely not included in the figures.

edit - actually isn’t this the 19 yr old?

if so it’s counted as it’s a full time contract

Edited by paul514

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

I'm assuming as the signing was powered by the Turmeric Company it won't affect FFP/ PSR?

Its a spicy suggestion

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

I hear Dave Kujan and Dean Keaton are his agents.

Hand me the keys...

• Haha 1

Â