Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah Philogene wanted to leave to play. We allowed it with the buyback. A buyback we will exercise this summer or next 

Wait, did Jaden Philogene ask to leave because he wanted to play?

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He left because he wanted the same wage as Digne.

Pff, good luck buddy! 

Yeah was told there was a cat’s chance in Hell and misheard apparently.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

Makes Robbie Savage look like a Villa fan.  

Horrible human being that played for scum in the 90’s.

One of the most horrible knuckle draggers to walk the streets!  Mind you didn’t I read he had something wrong with his arms after that tee-shirt escapade😂😂😂

Is this the Morgan Rogers thread?

Can we stop the rubbish talk and concentrate on the player. I think he will sign for us in the next few days, and will be an important part of Unai's match day squad.

Another 'Watkins' in the making. A player that we actually need. 

• Like 2

He’s a horrible individual who is worshipped like a god in Small Heath over a tee-shirt he displayed at Wembley in the drift wood cup or something they participated in.  Put it this way he’s as small minded as the rest of that lot in Small Heath and has an inherent dislike of us!  After the tee shirt showing he had problems with his arms I believe!!!

32 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Is this the Morgan Rogers thread?

Can we stop the rubbish talk and concentrate on the player. I think he will sign for us in the next few days, and will be an important part of Unai's match day squad.

Another 'Watkins' in the making. A player that we actually need. 

It’s just an opinion based on his development and by whom!  Personally don’t think he’s good enough and smacks of Hopcroft bending the management ears after he had him at Sandwell.

just out of curiosity, i was looking at his stats this season.

32 games played, but he has actually played 1751 mins (19.5 games equivalent).

6 goals, 9 assists.

so a goal every 3.25 games, an assist every 2.2 games, or a goal contribution every 1.3 games.

In the championship this season (only):

• 98th percentile for assists
  • 91st percentile for shot creating actions
  • 90th percentile for progressive passes
  • 28th percentile progressive carries

Rogers also has decent defensive stats (in Champ stats only).

Summerville is mostly a level above stats wise (attacking), (92nd perc - assists, 99th perc - shot creation, 92nd perc - progressive passes, 92nd perc - progressive carries).

But maybe the physicality of rogers is something Emery likes also?, i would also guess that Summerville would cost 3 to 4 times more also, maybe also worth considering that the fact that Summerville is playing in a Leeds side, which on paper, should be playing at a high level in the Champ, providing more opportunities to make the stats look good?

Jon Rowe (Norwich), for all his hype, is only 43rd percentile for assists, 48th percentile for shot creating actions, 23rd percentile for progressive passes, and 67th percentile for progressive carries.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Emery stated that Philogene, Ramsey, and Archer left because they needed game time, and  the sales helped with FFP, he also said he still rates and has believe in them which is why they wanted to retain some control in their futures. It might be that they wanted to go and get game time as well, but I don't think it was as if any of them forced a move, in Philogene's case maybe it was more that he wanted to play football and would have been happy with a loan rather than outright leave, but we found a way to allow him to go and play football, and have it work out better for us in terms of the accounts.

I don't think any of them were unhappy, in fact I think all three have already agreed to return to us and have contracts already written up should we decide to buy them back, or should we be obligated to in certain scenarios as is rumoured with Archer.

In a way I think them wanting to leave and play football rather getting miminal game time with us is a good thing, especially in Philogene's case, being part of Emery's squad at a Premier League club would have an attractive proposal, but he preferred to go where he would play more football, so much so that he was prepard to drop to the Championship and sign for a club that aren't the most glamorous

• Like 2

Given Philogene was sold for £5m I'd expect our option to buy being £10m to £15m at most. Which would make us resigning him a formality in the summer if he continues the way he started at Hull when he's over his Knee injury. 

Signing Rogers is to add the type of player up top who can play with Watkins or as the no9 himself. He can also play off the wide midfield spots. 

I think this means we won't need to keep Zaniolo in summer I'd say. Especially with Buendia returning to fitness 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not sure Philogene is coming back tbh. Not with Rogers coming here. Philogene, who I liked, also seems to constantly get injured. 

Well the club have all the information they need and the formality of the buy option. So if we want him then he comes back. 

Â