Weekends Football 12/14 January

andykeenan

9 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Another player injured by this stupid play on rule even though it’s obviously offside

Late offsides can absolutely get in the bin. Joke of a rule.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Current Newcastle have 31% possession. Playing Man City at home ain't for everyone 😉

Tbf Rodri makes a huge difference for them.

We played a sensational game but I'm glad we played them when we did.

I don't mind the late flag thing, the game moves so quickly the linos job is hard. They also can't see all the way across the pitch if a player is blocking their view, a number of times a player on the far side has played someone on when it looks miles off in real time.

You change the method you'd get loads of 1 v 1s pulled back for wrong offside calls.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Current Newcastle have 31% possession. Playing Man City at home ain't for everyone 😉

2nd half of the season ennit. City moving up a gear, making every other team, including Newcastle look inferior.

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I don't mind the late flag thing, the game moves so quickly the linos job is hard. They also can't see all the way across the pitch if a player is blocking their view, a number of times a player on the far side has played someone on when it looks miles off in real time.

You change the method you'd get loads of 1 v 1s pulled back for wrong offside calls.

But they have 1 job, if they can't keep up with an offside it's half the problem with officiating. 

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Yeah to be fair that was a lot closer than it looked at first glance.  You'd hope the automated system will make it an irrelevance soon enough.

Â