Weekends Football 12/14 January

andykeenan

16 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

We’re back in a phase of VAR where they won’t change any subjective on field decision. 

For me that’s a clear foul on the keeper. No attempt to play the ball from the attacker and clearly took the keeper out of the game. 

How is that a goal and Bailey goal against Sheffield U is ruled out from previous phase of play?

I've said it before James Trafford is far too inexperienced for this league. He has no command of the area and if he didn't make such a bizarre decision to come out they wouldn't have scored anyway.

He was nowhere near, it's the last minute of the game if you're not 100% sure you're going to get it stay on your line and trust your defenders.

• Like 2

I will reluctantly concede it probably should have been a foul (even though I really don't think Trafford was getting there anyway) but tbh I'm too busy enjoying Vincent 'smug' Kompany grousing about it to care. 

This is where VAR completely fails. Refs should be able to take another a look at it themselves without a 2nd and 3rd ref deciding whether he should based on an abstract concept of a clear and obvious error 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

Kompany really having a blast at VAR mentioning our game a lot!  

spacer.png

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

That result has probably just relegated Burnley. Not ideal for Luton either but they're still in it.

Relegated with half the season to go?

They may well go down, but with 54 points to play for and them 4 from safety I'd say your comments are way, way too premature. 

Nothing gets decided in January. Still a long way to go.

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Relegated with half the season to go?

They may well go down, but with 54 points to play for and them 4 from safety I'd say your comments are way, way too premature. 

Nothing gets decided in January. Still a long way to go.

Of course there's a lot of points to play for but that result seems significant, failing to beat a fellow bottom 3 side at home and the equaliser coming right at the end. I just can't see them getting out of it now.

7 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Of course there's a lot of points to play for but that result seems significant, failing to beat a fellow bottom 3 side at home and the equaliser coming right at the end. I just can't see them getting out of it now.

Bournemouth looked like their goose was cooked even later in the season last year and still survived comfortably. So many twists and turns yet, with the only certainty in the league being that cheating bastards FC win the title. Again. 

Other than that, nothing is certain, although I do agree Burnley don't look good enough at the moment.

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Bournemouth looked like their goose was cooked even later in the season last year and still survived comfortably. So many twists and turns yet, with the only certainty in the league being that cheating bastards FC win the title. Again. 

Other than that, nothing is certain, although I do agree Burnley don't look good enough at the moment.

Bournemouth had 5 more points at the same stage last season fwiw. I just can't see Burnley staying up what with with the inexperienced squad and manager to boot.

I actually don't think it's certain who wins the league though!

The bar was higher last season tho in terms of relegation and the bottom 3 this year will struggle to reach similar points to those who dropped.

As for the league, I think it's about as certain as certain can be that Man City will win the league. They have billions on the bench and their best players coming back. They will piss it. 

But that's for another thread.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

The bar was higher last season tho in terms of relegation and the bottom 3 this year will struggle to reach similar points to those who dropped.

As for the league, I think it's about as certain as certain can be that Man City will win the league. They have billions on the bench and their best players coming back. They will piss it. 

But that's for another thread.

I'm pretty sure the current bottom 3 will go down tbh but Brentford, Palace and Everton have to be careful.

I think Liverpool can give City a run for their money for the league but hopefully Villa can have something to say about it 😆 Realistically though I think we're competing with Spurs for CL.

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I'm pretty sure the current bottom 3 will go down tbh but Brentford, Palace and Everton have to be careful.

I think Liverpool can give City a run for their money for the league but hopefully Villa can have something to say about it 😆 Realistically though I think we're competing with Spurs for CL.

I can't see Liverpool running Man City close at all and the only other team capable is Arsenal and I think they'll finish 3rd. 

I think it'll be another 6 to 10 point job for the cheats who can at least do us a fabour and smash Newcastle tomorrow.

As we are competing with Spurs for 4th, we had better hope Werner flops. Doubt it tho unfortunately. Could do with them and Man United drawing.

Bottom 3 as it is now are favourites to drop but it'd be interesting if Wolves got a points deduction or Everton go on another bad run. Hopefully we can help them on their way to that tomorrow!

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I can't see Liverpool running Man City close at all and the only other team capable is Arsenal and I think they'll finish 3rd. 

I think it'll be another 6 to 10 point job for the cheats who can at least do us a fabour and smash Newcastle tomorrow.

As we are competing with Spurs for 4th, we had better hope Werner flops. Doubt it tho unfortunately. Could do with them and Man United drawing.

Bottom 3 as it is now are favourites to drop but it'd be interesting if Wolves got a points deduction or Everton go on another bad run. Hopefully we can help them on their way to that tomorrow!

Liverpool only lost 1 match so far and even that was unlucky.

I'd honestly prefer Newcastle to get something tomorrow. We're already 13 points ahead of them so would rather keep the improbable dream alive.

Hoping Utd can do us a favour and beat Spurs.

Obviously most importantly Villa need to get 3pts Sunday!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Liverpool only lost 1 match so far and even that was unlucky.

I'd honestly prefer Newcastle to get something tomorrow. We're already 13 points ahead of them so would rather keep the improbable dream alive.

Hoping Utd can do us a favour and beat Spurs.

Obviously most importantly Villa need to get 3pts Sunday!

That's short term thinking tho. We absolutely need Newcastle to lose. There isn't a cat in hells chance we will finish above Man City but if we finish above Newcastle, we have a great chance of playing in the CL.

Also, don't rule Man United out of the race for top 4. They have only gathered 11 points less than Villa since Emery has been with us and could have a good 2nd half of the season. The sky 6 don't stay bad for long. Need a draw in that one.

Edited by GlobalVillan

Â