Weekends Football 12/14 January

andykeenan

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

That's short term thinking tho. We absolutely need Newcastle to lose. There isn't a cat in hells chance we will finish above Man City but if we finish above Newcastle, we have a great chance of playing in the CL.

It's a long shot but I want to win the PL 🤷‍♂️ CL is great but trophies are what it's all about. Plus if we blow a 13pt lead to Newcastle then it's our own fault.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, villan95 said:

It's a long shot but I want to win the PL 🤷‍♂️ CL is great but trophies are what it's all about. Plus if we blow a 13pt lead to Newcastle then it's our own fault.

Thinking Newcastle are a threat to us this season at this stage is bizarre

32 minutes ago, villan95 said:

We will probably finish above Newcastle now anyway but if they did beat Man City, they could be just 7 points behind us by then end of January.

I reaally think the final PL table would show we need a Man City win and a Spurs draw this weekend.

4 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We will probably finish above Newcastle now anyway but if they did beat Man City, they could be just 7 points behind us by then end of January.

I reaally think the final PL table would show we need a Man City win and a Spurs draw this weekend.

If they lose to Man City they could be 19pts behind us by the end of January

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If they lose to Man City they could be 19pts behind us by the end of January

I knew you would say that. And that proves my point! The table can change so fast that to say its bizarre to call Newcastle a rival is just wrong. 

They absolutely are. As the potential 12 point swing in just 3 weeks clearly demonstrates.

Edited by GlobalVillan

30 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I knew you would say that. And that proves my point! The table can change so fast that to say its bizarre to call Newcastle a rival is just wrong. 

They absolutely are. As the potential 12 point swing in just 3 weeks clearly demonstrates.

City that many say are going to run away with the league are losing to Newcastle and then they give us our first home loss of the season? No, too pessimistic for me

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

City that many say are going to run away with the league are losing to Newcastle and then they give us our first home loss of the season? No, too pessimistic for me

Im only saying that I want Newcastle out the way good and proper as I do not think we will finish above Man City due to their squad size and quality. Caused by cheating. 

That make sense?

5 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Bournemouth looked like their goose was cooked even later in the season last year and still survived comfortably. So many twists and turns yet, with the only certainty in the league being that cheating bastards FC win the title. Again. 

Other than that, nothing is certain, although I do agree Burnley don't look good enough at the moment.

Bournemouth had 5 more points than Burnley did at this time last season

Burnley are dreadful with a terrible manager

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bournemouth had 5 more points than Burnley did at this time last season

Burnley are dreadful with a terrible manager

How many points did the teams below them have tho?

I agree they are shit and are likely to go down, I was just saying that last season everyone thought Bournemouth were certs and stayed up easily.

4 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

How many points did the teams below them have tho?

I agree they are shit and are likely to go down, I was just saying that last season everyone thought Bournemouth were certs and stayed up easily.

Not sure but they jumped out of the relegation zone two games later so they werent that far behind

It's pretty remarkable it's even considered plausible for Burnley to stay up at this point. Normally you set a point per game as the target in a relegation scrap; they have 12 points from 21 games, they're barely achieving half of that target. If it weren't for Everton's points deduction and Brentford's massive injury crisis we wouldn't even be discussing this. 

Still got a chance for now though. 

Fulham are a strange side. Every time I've watched them play this season, their performances seem completely dependent on whether Willian is having a good game or not. They look a bit hopeless when he isn't. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Fulham are starting to look the better side.

This is the worst home support I think I've seen this season - they're silent.

Kinda feels like they're just waiting to go a goal down to vent at Poch/Ownership.

• Like 1

Gusto with one that might have been red.

I think yellow is probably right, but he definitely gives them a chance to look at it - it's a tequila sunrise challenge - mostly yellow with a little bit of red. 

He's not the brightest.

• Like 1

Â